• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

5312 posts in this topic

Posted

Totally agree with what was said above me !! Before discovering this thread I could never sit through her videos, her commentary is obnoxious. Also, sorry not sorry but im calling her vina not mikan hahaha bye. Btw her schoolmates are so cute

EE1D4E6A-9753-48C6-8F79-757551E6DEBA.png

1C95FFD5-1BDD-47E1-8385-0CAC3FC0743D.png

Posted

Something that struck me was her most recent vid where she said her subscribers are her "best friends". Manipulation at its finest. 

Posted

Something that struck me was her most recent vid where she said her subscribers are her "best friends". Manipulation at its finest. 

thats what most youtubers do, call their subs friends and family so people feel emotionally attached and become one of those fans who wont see any flaws in them and support them no matter what. and as we all can see by other youtubers, it really works :alpacaworry:

Posted

i seriously can't stand her laugh or chuckle bc i can clearly hear the fakeness. idek why people like her tbh.

Posted (edited)

(from Mikan's ig story) do I feel like this might be about Venus

Screenshot_20191022-172924.jpg

Edited by sandwichbob
Clarification

Posted

I watched her video she recorded while being in danger during the typhoon. Such a bad influence, such a bad message for her viewers who got unnecessarily worried, her friends, her parents, her boyfriend... A gigantic ass typhoon is going to hit Japan and she thinks it's better to make a video because she can't record anything if she evacuate? :alpacabored:

Not related to Mikan now, but concerning the typhoon, the amount of foreign young adults living their jApanESe LIfe posting on Twitter things like "the warning message in the subway is annoying" and how impressed they were with japanese people taking typhoon seriously really bugged me.

Posted

I watched her video she recorded while being in danger during the typhoon. Such a bad influence, such a bad message for her viewers who got unnecessarily worried, her friends, her parents, her boyfriend...

Remember we can't say he is her boyfriend bc they're not together anymore and it's our (and her confused fans) fAuLT the main reason why she CaN't move on! 💔 ......although she is the one who is always mentioning him......

Posted

1. I guess that's also about Venus then (and although I agree to some extent ... It doesn't mean you have to stop being their friend. Be honest with them. Even if it's hard. Don't just ghost them. Tell them it's dragging you down, too and that you don't have strength for the both of you right now. They're not doing that just to drag you down, you know. They can still be your friends omg)

2. THE FANS ARE THE GOOD ONES AGAIN!!!!!!!

Screenshot_20191022-161941.png

Screenshot_20191022-161948.png

Posted

I honestly dont think mikan has a good sense of fashion. Other than some weird and questionable outfits she sometimes chooses, i feel like the only people who’d worship her style are like 13 yr olds who are discovering j fashion or j culture for the first time. Looking at how her friends in school dress...shes just so bad relative to them.

yesss! I was hoping Bunka would be a good opportunity for her to try new things and explore fashion in a more polished way but so far I’m not impressed.....

Posted

Remember we can't say he is her boyfriend bc they're not together anymore and it's our (and her confused fans) fAuLT the main reason why she CaN't move on! 💔 ......although she is the one who is always mentioning him......

Wowowowowowowow when did this happen?!! I skipped that tea.

I'm sorry I brought that up; Mikan is not really that interesting to follow up :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

yesss! I was hoping Bunka would be a good opportunity for her to try new things and explore fashion in a more polished way but so far I’m not impressed.....

she lacks the creativity, i remember her saying on her “i got into fashion college” video that it was an option when naomi told her about, i don't think it's an option rather than a choice. she even said on that video that fashion is her passion but honestly i don't think so bc if it's really true then she should have looked for fashion colleges in japan when she first arrived to see some schools that she might be interested in applying after taking language school, not wait until someone told her about it and exclaims “it's an option”. she also said that there are fashion colleges in the uk but she never tried to apply bc you need to have a portfolio and she can't make them, bunka doean't not have a portfolio to apply that's way she said she's lucky. i don't like her excuse for not applying in the uk bc they require a portfolio bc if you truly love fashion you would try your best to make one even you have never have drawn or made portfolios ever, i'm sure she would also use the same excuse if she applied to other schools in japan other than bunka that also requires portfolios.

Posted

she lacks the creativity, i remember her saying on her “i got into fashion college” video that it was an option when naomi told her about, i don't think it's an option rather than a choice. she even said on that video that fashion is her passion but honestly i don't think so bc if it's really true then she should have looked for fashion colleges in japan when she first arrived to see some schools that she might be interested in applying after taking language school, not wait until someone told her about it and exclaims “it's an option”. she also said that there are fashion colleges in the uk but she never tried to apply bc you need to have a portfolio and she can't make them, bunka doean't not have a portfolio to apply that's way she said she's lucky. i don't like her excuse for not applying in the uk bc they require a portfolio bc if you truly love fashion you would try your best to make one even you have never have drawn or made portfolios ever, i'm sure she would also use the same excuse if she applied to other schools in japan other than bunka that also requires portfolios.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make?

In an old video, she said she had no firm plans for a future career because she wasn't sure what she wanted to do and at the time only had plans to attend a language school in Japan and nothing else in the long term (which is understandable, a lot of young teens and adults are like that). Then later she realised that she wants to do fashion while in language school and ended up cramming for an entrance exam in like 3 months with a tutor. 

I suppose she should have been a bit more forward and smart with time and her future college planning, but at least she's somewhere in life unlike those other Jvloggers...

As for her style, she obviously reflects Western influenced weeb fashion while her classmates directly reflect modern Harajuku fashion, that's why she stands out. She dresses like a weeb while the others don't.

Posted

bruh

49E62217-D1DA-4E29-A4F1-0DBD7FB7110C.jpeg

Posted

Who has ever said she looks like Emma???

Like she said I’ve only heard sounds but looks where is she getting that from...