• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

5357 posts in this topic

Posted

Thing is, Mikan has always been lowkey rude/bitchy. Obviously she reads here and tones it down a bit when ppl bring it up. She seems to do ok for a while, and people give her a bit of praise then she gets cocky and her rudeness slips out again, whoops. She's definitely not as sweet and nice as she makes out to be, and her personality is honestly just quite snarky and rude. 

Posted

even if it really were just humour, why would mikan want to say things like that on a public platform where anyone could be viewed as anything? 

I do get the kind of “humour” shes going for, but she doesnt seem to be able to pull it off. Tsukuro and her just seem awkward and not close enough to do this kind of banter 

Posted

I got the impression max was more of a friend of Venus', so they really only did stuff with her. But I have  been busy so I could have missed some stuff about the real quality of their friendship. 

isnt max from mikans language school tho that entered into the same fashion college? 
i think maybe you were thinking of that apricot girl, mizu-something (??) 

i feel like max just has other closer friends to hang around with 

Posted

Max doesn’t go to the same branch of Bunka as Mikan. She lives pretty far away — wherever it is that her boyfriend is teaching.

Posted

how is it friendly banter if the person being teased isnt even there to defend herself/tease right back? also if you're ready to dish it out, make sure you're ready to take it right back. if tsuruko talks about Mikan in a non-positive way I don't want to see mikan complaining about it on social media.

Posted (edited)

Thing is, Mikan has always been lowkey rude/bitchy. Obviously she reads here and tones it down a bit when ppl bring it up. She seems to do ok for a while, and people give her a bit of praise then she gets cocky and her rudeness slips out again, whoops. She's definitely not as sweet and nice as she makes out to be, and her personality is honestly just quite snarky and rude. 

this. this is what most people here can see right through her and that's why they call her fake sweet bc she hides in a sweet and nice personality when really she isn't at all. i find in funny sometimes when also some people here defend her and say she isn't fake sweet, yeah sure that's why her head is getting bigger. she comes on her thread and act all really nice then people starts to soften a bit and praise her. that's my very honest opinion bc that's what i always observe on this thread.

Edited by blvck

Posted (edited)

She also doesn't strike me as someone who would actually apologise if she offends anyone. Even if she didn't mean it and it was a joke (in her eyes) I don't think she would say sorry tbh. That's why she feels the need to tell everyone that it's just her humour - and very rudely on top of that

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

At 9:40 tsuruko pointed at a fuzzy toy and said "this is mikan when she doesn't shave for a month" I guess she was referring to that video mikan made recently about her issues with body hair. After she said that you can hear mikan laughing quite nervously. What an awkward meeting.

Posted

this. this is what most people here can see right through her and that's why they call her fake sweet bc she hides in a sweet and nice personality when really she isn't at all. i find in funny sometimes when also some people here defend her and say she isn't fake sweet, yeah sure that's why her head is getting bigger. she comes on her thread and act all really nice then people starts to soften a bit and praise her. that's my very honest opinion bc that's what i always observe on this thread.

yyep. As one of the people who she suckered into believing her sweet side, I can fully attest to this. It just takes reading the thread through to see it all, something i hadn't fully done before. But after the sex worker incident I did and yeah. She's manipulative as heck and rude whenever she thinks she's able to get away with it

Posted (edited)

no wonder that her longest friendship is/was? only 3 years long. With that nasty attitude she hides behind her sarcasm, no friendship will last :alpacaworry:

edit: i remember having a friend just like her and she would always attack my insecurities and then laugh it off, like im just messing with you haha and i would just laugh with her but lets be honest no one likes these kind of jokes when they are being targeted personally. you might find it funny as long as youre not the one being made fun of but its an awful feeling once you experience it. needles to say that i have slowly distanced myself from that person and hv no ontact with her now :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by potato
wanted to eloborate my thoughts a little more

Posted

I’m glad many people could see that her sweetness is fake. Earlier on in the thread, I’ve already posted screenshots from her personal facebook page whereby she talks shit about the brands sponsoring her, create a heck lot of drama with her sponsors, and had some racist posts. She’s still doing that on her personal Facebook. Whenever PULL say something about her, she’d make a huge sarcastic rant on her Facebook but then when she realised shit got too big, she’ll come over here and be all nice and hope that people feel bad for her and take down the post. 

A friend of mine sends me these screenshots and asked me to post them here. And boy let me tell you, her snowflake status is without a doubt. 

First, let's talk about her terrible work ethics. 

Screenshot_11.thumb.jpg.108f0d9634260486Screenshot_12.thumb.jpg.a6b3a066423c36cbScreenshot_17.thumb.jpg.1a5a492c145ec079Screenshot_21.thumb.jpg.00fd23c0656891ddScreenshot_22.thumb.jpg.7286ac00199729b0Screenshot_26.thumb.jpg.5818b699a6eea932Screenshot_27.thumb.jpg.daf1465567dd796c

Basically, promoting stores on her instagram, yet talking about how boring and sucky they are in private. Kinda sad to be fooling your followers into buying from those stores, believing that mikan herself truly endorse them. And who eats stuff you're supposed to review? That is very irresponsible. 

To her, it seems like stores are nothing more than just free stuff raining down on her.

Screenshot_5.thumb.jpg.8e421890670c4bcda

Screenshot_25.thumb.jpg.0c38600dd3e662ef

Let's not forget her dramas with various stores as well. 

Screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.7007cac38d20acd4fScreenshot_7.thumb.jpg.be6d0ac515b7d9cd1Screenshot_8.thumb.jpg.09cf4d0650c7d807aScreenshot_9.thumb.jpg.85145ba68c229e598

There was also a drama between her and the shop Chibi Bunny or something, but she deleted that. 

im not going to comment who is right or wrong in these mikan vs IG stores drama. The main point is that the way she handles it, as a promoter, is rather poor. 

Next, her love to flaunt her fame every chance she gets, or just her general obsession with fame, attention and popularity

Screenshot_10.thumb.jpg.196efcbd00c33e81Screenshot_23.thumb.jpg.46f869ff6508d405Screenshot_29.thumb.jpg.077ffd08533e8571Screenshot_32.thumb.jpg.3057af880eec8929Screenshot_33.thumb.jpg.efcb0657aa076b2f

Finally, her disrespect for people, and her lack of culture

Screenshot_6.thumb.jpg.5a181d954e667ae69Screenshot_14.thumb.jpg.4f1be1aaec185a1fScreenshot_1_(1).thumb.jpg.56cca4ff2b628

Her fashion sense isn't the best exactly. She used to be great, back when she hid her face and wore outfits that are actually well put together. Now, her ootds mostly consist of grainy pictures that are put together without much thought.

In conclusion, just another instagrammer with dramas and a bad personality. 

sorry for double posting. Just want to bring this up again as the finest example of what a two-faced person she is 

Posted

Tbh when I watch stuff like vlogs or hauls/look books etc. I want smth positive life sucks enough already so I don't want to watch yt videos where someone is constantly nagging, whining or dragging others down. I also like internet personalities to be authentic but there's a difference between being a fake cutesy doll and a complete jerk. I know sometimes it's difficult to put on a smile for social media but it shouldn't be that hard to be nice and positive for at least an hour of her day. 

We all know that she's desperate for the YouTube money and therefore milking all the content she can get so she should put some more effort into a better persona. 

Just some examples of her lazy content:

3 hauls in a row, addressing accusations (bullying Venus/her friends and trying to be Japanese), putting "Japanese" in all her titles and thumbnails, showing off hirokazu and her other japanese friends(adding unrelated clips of them even if it's just for 10 seconds) , her first meeting with tsuruko (instead of being excited and meet her "bff" in private shoving a camera in her face and showing us shitty content) 

There's probably more but since I can't think of it it can't be that bad lol

Posted

Maybe Hiro also thought Mikan was sweet at first but broke things off when he realized how she really was. I don’t know if she ever teased Hiro too but maybe she did and he got sick of it 

Posted

To me it came across as a backhanded comment which she tried to hide by saying it’s British banter. 
Sometimes people make comments like that because that’s what they are actually thinking, but are abit of a coward to actually say it.