• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2572 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm like 99% sure that's just a joke?! :alpacaconfused:

Although it is kinda funny that everyone was just talking about how strange her sense of humour is, and how often it seems to miss the mark, and then this comes along as the perfect example lol

:hoplz:

Posted

I just clicked on Tsuruko's "I'm Moving to Japan" video and Mikan was the top comment.

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.1079745dfb3fafaa

Is "sugar mommied" suggesting that she helped fund Tsuruko to move to Japan?

At 1:35 she Tsuruko straightforwardly admits that she got help from her grandparents along with her own savings. Though, she did not mention Mikan and what she said? 

Now, you guys raised plausible points previously regarding Mikan's's haul videos and have come to agree that they're probably all free sponsorships and rather than losing hectic amounts of money, she likely earns a small contribution.

Anyway, sugar mommying someone? If she funded someone to move to Japan, then that's still an unwise financial decision that doesn't benefit her in the long run. But I'm not sure if it's true or not in this case.

I thought this was funny lol. 

Is her humour even worth discussing? everyone will have different views of it. I dont want to sound like a wk but i've had friends who didn't get my humour and just asked me to not make as much jokes with them and that was that. I think that if Mikan's friends are actually bothered they will say something. Us judging their whole relationship based on jokes that dont fit our personal standards is to me, a bit senseless.

Now something that i dislike about her videos is how much she talks at the beginning of the them, maybe its to give a friendly vibe but it just feels like extending the video most of the time. 

Posted

I just clicked on Tsuruko's "I'm Moving to Japan" video and Mikan was the top comment.

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.1079745dfb3fafaa

Is "sugar mommied" suggesting that she helped fund Tsuruko to move to Japan?

Now, you guys raised plausible points previously regarding her haul videos and have come to agree that they're probably sponsorship and she earns a small contribution rather than losing hectic amounts of money.

But sugar mommying someone? If she funded someone to move to Japan, then that's still an unwise financial decision that doesn't benefit her in the long run.

I genuinely think she meant that. As in "I helped you with all the documents" and now she's not ever letting her forget that she did something for her once. Lol. I know these kinds of people. Yes, documents in Japan are a pain in the arse. But she literally said "she moved here on easy mode (bc I did EVERYTHING for her)" or something along those lines. She probably baited her with that to be with her and now she won't stop telling her. 

Idk, man. Yes, that does take time and energy. But I'd gladly do that for a friend. And I wouldn't even think twice about it or talk about it again, to anyone. Bc I'd be just glad to be if help to a good friend. But ofc Mikan has to tell her whole audience so that they might think "oh, what a great friend she is!!" 

Yeah, right. It's the little things. They're subtle. But they are there.

Posted

you’re just being an asshole, mikan lol. she thinks she can just drop a disclaimer that she’s “sarcastic and we share the same humor” and that’s supposed to cover a multitude of sins? even when piper isn’t around to bounce that humor off of and you’re ranting about how you’ve made it so easy for her to move to Japan and paint her as some aimless loser? some of those shits are not jokes wth lmao. jokes are supposed to be funny.

did anybody else think her classmates at the beginning of her video also seemed annoyed that she was recording them? esp when they asked “is this gonna be in your youtube video” and then got kind of quiet. she should’ve just left her camera at home that day. or if she had to record, just record the part where she gave piper the gifts, because even with banter present, there’s less chance for her viewers to misunderstand.

Posted

There’s a time and place to be sarcastic and use “mean” jokes towards friends but on camera where opinions and interpretations differ it’s best to either leave a disclaimer at the beginning or tone it down. There’s no point of trying to hide behind British sarcasm when you constantly get called out for it; to me it means you’re “personality” isn’t consistent and you’re confusing your followers/viewers 

Posted

did anybody else think her classmates at the beginning of her video also seemed annoyed that she was recording them? esp when they asked “is this gonna be in your youtube video” and then got kind of quiet. she should’ve just left her camera at home that day. or if she had to record, just record the part where she gave piper the gifts, because even with banter present, there’s less chance for her viewers to misunderstand.

I found her so incredibly rude. She was basically filming them but at the same time telling them to stfu. To me it always seems like she's bragging that she has Japanese friends (compared to all the other jvloggers) speaks Japanese and uses them as extras in her videos.

She also has to always show everyone how nice she is and how she does everything for them, like helping hiro with homework/studying, letting venus stay over, helping piper with paperwork. It doesn't seem genuine at all when you have to rub it in everyones face all the time. 

And the reason mikan and piper went to Japan were the same but when mikan talked about herself she wanted pity and was the lost little girl.  Piper however is the neet shut in her room? 

Posted

Ok I know I'm late but -
Did she just say they had been friends for a "very very long time" and meant 3 years?
That's not a long time at all??? She hasn't had friendships last longer than a few years before? Yikes, I feel bad for her.

Posted

Ok I know I'm late but -
Did she just say they had been friends for a "very very long time" and meant 3 years?
That's not a long time at all??? She hasn't had friendships last longer than a few years before? Yikes, I feel bad for her.

Maybe that really is very very long for her 

which imo is not long at all considering she is already like 21 years old? 

Posted

I have a hard time believing that Mikan is as nice as she tries to portray. Like doing things for your friends yet insulting them with what she calls British humour isn’t exactly nice. The way she responds to comments online is also very telling of how she actually is. She’s always overly defensive and rude so I don’t think she really has a good personality at all. Maybe her friendships didn’t last because they got tired of her putting them down and then saying it was just a joke. 

Also a little OT but what happened to her friend Max? She filmed a few videos with her before they started school but since then there was no mention of her? Did they fall out already? 

Posted (edited)

I found her so incredibly rude. She was basically filming them but at the same time telling them to stfu. To me it always seems like she's bragging that she has Japanese friends (compared to all the other jvloggers) speaks Japanese and uses them as extras in her videos.

She also has to always show everyone how nice she is and how she does everything for them, like helping hiro with homework/studying, letting venus stay over, helping piper with paperwork. It doesn't seem genuine at all when you have to rub it in everyones face all the time. 

And the reason mikan and piper went to Japan were the same but when mikan talked about herself she wanted pity and was the lost little girl.  Piper however is the neet shut in her room? 

^Agree with you! 

For anyone not aware of Japanese: 

Mikan in the video uses the word 'Damare' (おだまりください) which is a very rude way to say 'be quiet', she adds Kudasai (please) to make it sound polite but I think it's still concerned rude since the word 'damare' is quite harsh toned..(I from a Japanese person was told it is extremely rude so I stopped referring to it ) I'd love for a Japanese person on this forum to add their input or analyse the two girls behaviour in the video.

And also does she really need to take her camera to school n start recording? Like she could have just chatted to her Japanese friends than be those kind of people who are on social media 24/7. The  main theme of the video was to meet her 'long time' friend Piper...so why not record at the station greeting her or hugging her than start with banter? Even the clip to the shopping mall place was pointless-Piper having just come that day might have been tired n just wanted to catch up as friends or just relax than take on/ impress 1 million subs. And if Mikan knew she would be in a mood with her than why record the meeting with her why not let her settle down n record with her the next day

Edited by missconspiracy101

Posted

I have a hard time believing that Mikan is as nice as she tries to portray. Like doing things for your friends yet insulting them with what she calls British humour isn’t exactly nice. The way she responds to comments online is also very telling of how she actually is. She’s always overly defensive and rude so I don’t think she really has a good personality at all. Maybe her friendships didn’t last because they got tired of her putting them down and then saying it was just a joke. 

Also a little OT but what happened to her friend Max? She filmed a few videos with her before they started school but since then there was no mention of her? Did they fall out already? 

I got the impression max was more of a friend of Venus', so they really only did stuff with her. But I have  been busy so I could have missed some stuff about the real quality of their friendship. 

Posted

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but Max seems much more assertive than people like Venus or Hirokazu. I feel like she tends to hang around people who are more introverted and not likely to stand up for themselves so she has all the attention and can ''joke'' around them without being called out. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a failing out caus I don't think Max would take the all the shit she says. 

Posted

Thing is, Mikan has always been lowkey rude/bitchy. Obviously she reads here and tones it down a bit when ppl bring it up. She seems to do ok for a while, and people give her a bit of praise then she gets cocky and her rudeness slips out again, whoops. She's definitely not as sweet and nice as she makes out to be, and her personality is honestly just quite snarky and rude. 

Posted

even if it really were just humour, why would mikan want to say things like that on a public platform where anyone could be viewed as anything? 

I do get the kind of “humour” shes going for, but she doesnt seem to be able to pull it off. Tsukuro and her just seem awkward and not close enough to do this kind of banter