• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2304 posts in this topic

Posted

The whole video with Tsuruko was just so... awkward. I know what it's like to be shy and scared of meeting someone for the first time, but when it's someone you're supposedly so close to, it's just... I don't know, the whole thing had a weird vibe I've the feeling :alpacaworry:

Posted

I don’t know but I honestly think Mikan is not okay with her breakup and she’s just hanging on to whatever pieces of it she can. Which is why she’s always talking about hanging out with Hiro. I think she should really move on completely because how is she supposed to get over such a recent break up when she’s still seeing him like every day? Just my opinion but I feel like that’d be painful. 

As for the video, Mikan has always been under fire for “bullying” her friends even though she says it’s just sarcasm. I am pretty sarcastic myself and I like to tease my friends but they’re always involved in the joke. Like I wouldn’t go as far to introduce them the way she did. I think she should really consider how she talks about people she calls friends and how it can be really off putting. 

Posted

Mikan 100% reminds me of how my ex tried to be friends with me in hopes of getting back together. We don’t know their situation right now but I just hope it’s mutual and hiro wants to hang out too because it’s really annoying when you just want to live and your ex won’t leave you alone lol

Posted

i have to say if i was her friend and saw the beginning of the video where mikan talked about me like that i'd be kind of hurt lol. she basically introduced piper as 21 year old loser who sits around in her room all day and can't get a part-time job, and implied the only reason she's 'doing something with her life' now is because she's following mikan to japan. it'd be weird to introduce her like that to a couple of friends, but it's even weirder to introduce her like that on a youtube channel with 140,000 subscribers. it just felt unnecessary in my opinion.

It's funny but it's accurate. It also describes Kenna and Venus perfectly. Of course not doing anything with your life after giving up on school is bad for you haha and to somebody like Mikan who has done everything she could to better herself it must be grating to witness this behaviour in somebody she likes. 

I disagree with her in that moving to Japan would help, this is a personality issue not a location issue. Piper already didn't take planing and packing seriously and Mikan was annoyed with her in the video. Chances are she will just backslide into her old ways after a while. 

And I hope Mikan gets over her saviour complex. 

Posted

here is the new video with her BBF lol

I have the feeling Mikan is already annoyed of her. LOL

OT but holy shit Tsu shoops herself so much. I thought some Mikan's pics were bad but homegirl gave herself a whole ass different head shape lol. Also, the video was pretty boring, i couldn't even skim through it, i'm sorry

Posted

TBH I feel Mikan is torturing herself lately...Like if she keeps claiming to be hanging out with Hiro it just showing she's insecure and didn't want to break up. Another thing is she won't be able to move on from Hiro as she's resisting change...This is also why couples that break up don't become friends (it shops both of them from finding their own happiness or purpose) and even if Mikan claims to still be friends with Hiro in Japanese dating it's quite rare for old couples to be friends n even if they are it's more like acquaintances/pass-by strangers. 

Posted

Ngl I can't even remember what was being said in the video, but will Tsuruko go to language school too? Like, Mikan said she was following in her footsteps or something

Posted

I think some time ago Tsuruko made an insta post about how she shouldn't have trusted mikan (or Mikan did about Tsuruko idkwhich). Anyone remembers the post?

Posted

I thought the video with Piper was really cute? I have a pretty similar sense of humour so i didn't see it as bullying at all

Posted

Ngl I can't even remember what was being said in the video, but will Tsuruko go to language school too? Like, Mikan said she was following in her footsteps or something

she is actually already going to language school tho.

I think some time ago Tsuruko made an insta post about how she shouldn't have trusted mikan (or Mikan did about Tsuruko idkwhich). Anyone remembers the post?

you mean this post?

IMG_7289.thumb.PNG.930254116d4578f22ba2e

the whole video was awkward and even you have some sense of humor like that or sarcasm she should really change the way she does it cos if your friend or someone doesn't go along with your joke even laugh with you it means your not funny but rather kinda insulting.

Posted

I get being sarcastic and teasing friends but the vibe seemed off. Like it all felt very surface level and petty. If I didn't know better I'd think Mikan was blackmailing her "friend" or some other wild assumption. 

Posted

Hi, long time lurker here! I've never felt the need to comment anything really, be it on here or YouTube, and I do like Mikan, but she's starting to annoy me with her "I'm British, therefore very sarcastic, sorry you can't understand that" attitude. She was totally rude to Tsuruko in her introduction and that's that. I find it really immature of her not to take constructive criticism and try and grow as a person. I like her but she sometimes comes across as very arrogant, just like those rich japanese girls in anime...

Screenshot_20191008-004925_YouTube.thumb