• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2572 posts in this topic

Posted

New video up: she talks about the breakup

Did you catch what she said about the breakup? I was getting bored and skipped some parts and couldn't find anything about hirokazu?

Posted

How is that related to taxes and the government lmao if anything she will just be taking money from naive teenage girls who are most likely wasting their allowance or their paycheck from part time jobs in exchange for some shout outs or skype sessions. She isn't poor she has an actual job that pays for her living expenses so she can't apply to have ''free money'' from the government. Come back when you have licked enough boots for the day. 

On the other hand, is it really that wrong to offer something, as long as it's not misleading? Should we try to police what people are allowed to spend their own money on, if they themselves think it's worth it? Not even specifically about Mikan, just generally. 

Posted (edited)

My period is relatively pain free. I am very, very lucky in this regard! I know I have friends that aren't. One used to faint because of the pain. Yes, she had a condition but most gynecologists don't really do anything other than prescribing BC. But it helps. Don't compare your period to others. That's just unfair. And I really hope you're not a man, too. She used to take a lot of painkillers, how many she could take a day and they were strong. And didn't help. Now it's somewhat better with BC I think.

But anyway, I think BC should be free regardless? Because it's such an easy way for a woman to control whether she gets pregnant or not. It's so important. I know BC is free in at least the UK and France? Not in Germany, tho. Our healthcare system sucks, too. But at least we're not America ...

In other news: just recently she uploaded a picture of her and her mum together?? It looked to be very recently but I could be wrong. I think it was in her IG stories tho and unfortunately I didn't make a screenshot

Edited by Minzgruen
Site fucked up

Posted

My period is relatively pain free. I am very, very lucky in this regard! I know I have friends that aren't. One used to faint because of the pain. Yes, she had a condition but most gynecologists don't really do anything other than prescribing BC. But it helps. Don't compare your period to others. That's just unfair. And I really hope you're not a man, too. She used to take a lot of painkillers, how many she could take a day and they were strong. And didn't help. Now it's somewhat better with BC I think.

But anyway, I think BC should be free regardless? Because it's such an easy way for a woman to control whether she gets pregnant or not. It's so important. I know BC is free in at least the UK and France? Not in Germany, tho. Our healthcare system sucks, too. But at least we're not America ...

In other news: just recently she uploaded a picture of her and her mum together?? It looked to be very recently but I could be wrong. I think it was in her IG stories tho and unfortunately I didn't make a screenshot

it was on her ig story one week ago.

IMG_6790.thumb.PNG.0982201ec90a44b7a7836

Posted

Looks like her mum got a nose job too tbh

Posted

You should never judge someone for their decision to take BC. I actually do the same as Mikan, I skip my period entirely, with a gynaecologist following me. Some of us can't even go out because of the flow, I had to skip school for an entire week because the moment I moved, I was bleeding out, I even lost quite some weight and was extremely weak because of that. So between that and not having it at all? I'd rather not have it at all. So I can understand her point of view in this matter. Also, like said above, BC is also a way for women to control pregnancy, it allows more control over our bodies.

Posted

I just wanna give props to Mikan for tackling issues in Japan unlike a certain someone who says it's her home. cough cough

Posted

Just want to put this out there since I've been lurking this thread for a whiiiiiiiiiile lol:

Kinda funny how this thread treats Mikan? I can't really decipher how most people feel about her. My general understanding is that most of you seemed to dislike her at first but grew fond of her and (maybe?) genuinely want to help her, but at the same time, it seems like you'll still unremorsefully shade her when something comes up. 

I know pull is a little bit tamer than some other gossip sites but... haha... you guys will dogpile negative opinions and go ot all the time 

I guess it's because we don't want to accept that for the most part there's no real tea on her. When it came out that she was doing the pay pig stuff I like audibly said "Oh my god" since it's the best tea that's been on this thread since her facebook screenshots. 

Whatever, I'm still going to lurk here lmao. I'm like actually just invested in Mikan and this point and none of the stupid shit she's done

Posted

Mikan mentioning how often Hirokazu and her hung out + the wording "he spent a day alone..." make me think my theory has some validity to it. Not necessarily saying Mikan was the villain but I do think they were lost in each other. 

Posted

Regarding the birth control thing:

One thing we discussed in my family and sexuality class this past spring is that many women in Japan don't (or won't) take birth control. Birth control has a bit of a stigma in Japan, both for being a medication (most Japanese do not tend to take long-term medications the way people in the West do) and also for it just being seen here as fairly inconvenient (you have to take it daily even if you only have sex once or twice a week). So it makes sense that birth control isn't something largely covered by health insurance in Japan because it isn't taken anywhere near with the consistency it is in the States/Europe. Most Japanese women prefer to just rely on condoms. We had entire discussions between the foreign and Japanese students and it was fascinating how unreceptive the Japanese students were toward the idea of birth control when it's such a common and popular thing in the most western countries. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it shouldn't be covered by health coverage (imo any 'health' related thing should be covered by health coverage but maybe that's just me) but I feel like this discussion could go way too western-centric FAST so I wanted to add this tidbit in case some might find it interesting.

Posted (edited)

Sort of off-topic and I mentioned this in Taylor R thread a while back but birth control, (any hormonal kind, but especially the pill) can and is giving young women horrific and life-ruining pain disorders. Tbh it should be taken off the market until this is resolved or until a test is done to see if you are genetically compatible with taking hormones. Sure it doesn’t happen to everyone, but it’s happening at an alarming rate and it’s a large minority.

If you’re wondering “okay so why haven’t I heard about this” remember birth control is also a multimillion dollar racket. Both doctors and these companies aren’t going to be too vocal about it until you press them.

Its being talked more about recently but if you haven’t heard about it watch Zozia Mamet’s reading on YouTube and both Becky and Lara’s struggles with it, two writers from Buzzfeed.

I’m not some hippie who is into conspiracy theories but someone who is pro vaxx, pro abortion, always pushed “medicine does more good than harm” and I’m telling you birth control is Russian Roulette with your health.

Mikan and anyone else on it should think twice and read these girls’ stories and do research on this before going near it. I don’t want kids but I would almost rather have had one that have the pain (physical, mental, and financial) and numerous complications I have now because of birth control.

Edited by PastelPotions

Posted

For one thing I'm surprised her mum looks kinda posh/looks of a refined background...like the way Mikan talks about her makes me think she's one of those teen-mums that are arrogant nasty or something. 

Posted

On the recent vid: 

I feel I can't take Mikan seriously due to her voice sounding rusty when she whisper talks..I feel she's trying too hard in it like trying to be more casual but that's just me n when she does talk she makes it lag too muchh 

I find it odd Mikan claims she Bi yet the only experience she has told of dating  is with men. Hiro being the latest (before break up) n one before Hirokazu who was in England..n saying 'My first bf didn't want anything to do with me...honestly, tht's his loss', sort looks like Mikan did something bad/makes her arrogant, spoiled.