• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

mikan.mandarin

5718 posts in this topic

Posted

I still dont really like her because she aims to be an influencer. Some people they make videos/ whatever else maybe because they want to share knowledge or remember thier experiences and it seems to stems from a very genuine place, but mikan is just aiming to be an influencer, thats the vibe i get from her

Posted

I still dont really like her because she aims to be an influencer. Some people they make videos/ whatever else maybe because they want to share knowledge or remember thier experiences and it seems to stems from a very genuine place, but mikan is just aiming to be an influencer, thats the vibe i get from her

This may be true but I think Mikan tries to stay genuine even if she seems a bit fake at times. For example she has an actual day job instead of just e-begging like a lot of other jvloggers do, and generally seems to have a good work ethic.

She has started doing streams recently and she said in one of them that she is planning on getting a career in fashion after college, so it doesn't seem like she's just doing her course to help her take better Insta pics or something. Imo she's promoting a good image and not just acting like an airhead influencer type.

Posted (edited)

Can anyone explain to me why she invented summer during world War 2? Ist that some kind of reference I just don't get or did she come up with a random year? I'm Seriously confused

Screenshot_20190808_084323_com.instagram.android.jpg

Edited by Yuzuuu

Posted

Can anyone explain to me why she invented summer during world War 2? Ist that some kind of reference I just don't get or did she come up with a random year? I'm Seriously confused

I get it as being dressed according to that period she mentionned put I am not sure if that what she means

Posted

Meme-y talk. She's saying she looks like she's in that period of time. Surprised you didnt get that?

Pretty sure she wasn't referencing ww2, tho she should've prob chosen year after '45 lol

Posted

Meme-y talk. She's saying she looks like she's in that period of time. Surprised you didnt get that?

Pretty sure she wasn't referencing ww2, tho she should've prob chosen year after '45 lol

Maybe the dress (I remember it being vintage) is exactly from year 1942 ... I mean, could be ... But it could also be that she just made stuff up and didn't think about it any further

Posted

damn that's a cute look why'd she have to ruin it by romanticizing wartime

Posted

just went to her insta to see if she wrote anything - thrifted dress, but she randomly picked a year. [its not really style from that era]

and idk if you guys have talked about it https://www.instagram.com/p/B0s6aV6HRQ6/ but this hair is ridiculous. idk if its reference to an anime, but its a no no for her. she kinda looks like a crazy person.

Posted (edited)

It blows my mind you praise her so much because she has a part time job and can communicate in Japanese after more than a year living in Japan (even in one of her videos we saw in that week she worked two days after school). Oh, and because there is not drama about her in a few months.

It's not impressive at all. Just my opinion.

After what I have seen about her in the past, she didn't change, she just learned to fake and hide it and this place surely was her manual of "what to hide". People don't seem to be happy for her improvement, it's sounds more like fangirling to be honest, and again this is not the place for that.

In all honesty I don't think she ever needed a thread because she's not a controversial person with scandals to talk about. So that's why it seems we all praise her and whiteknight around here, because really there's a lack of problematic behavior to slam her on.

We're not just gonna nitpick every single little thing Mikan does or else it'd get like the Kenna thread with pages about her wearing shoes inside her Japanese apartment that no one wants to read about.

Since she hasn't done anything questionable... why partake in weak tea is my point. 

Edited by temato

Posted

I don't think during that time period you could run around in short cute dresses and eat in fancy cafes but maybe my history books were lying to me. It made me feel kinda ill how everyone just found it funny and cute in the comments section.... 

just went to her insta to see if she wrote anything - thrifted dress, but she randomly picked a year. [its not really style from that era]

and idk if you guys have talked about it https://www.instagram.com/p/B0s6aV6HRQ6/ but this hair is ridiculous. idk if its reference to an anime, but its a no no for her. she kinda looks like a crazy person.

I think she copied sailor moon with that hairstyle. Dunno why she had to ruin a perfectly fine festival look. I think it would be cute on a 5 year old, but on an adult an updo would look so much prettier.