• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2814 posts in this topic

Posted

I might be wrong but she mentioned a few uploads back that she filmed a lot o videos before her fashion college started so she could keep updating her channel even tho she would be busy with school

Maybe that’s why she’s uploading general topics. But I still liked her approach walking instead of just listing stuff. I just hope she starts to share more about her college and fashion stuff, like, things that are unique to her experience in Japan or other topics we haven’t seen other jvloggers share 

Yeah, this video struck me as one of the many she said she was pre-recording for release during school. I hope she does share more of her school while shes in it this time. I know she was afraid for her safety previously but maybe some post-semester class vlogs or something would be cool. (Or term or whatever the school uses.) Then we don't know her schedule/classes until she's done with them, but we maybe get to see some of it still. Or at least show us some of her projects/learning processes? Idk. Its a fine line to walk, staying safe while being an online personality, but she will stagnate even more and not find growth if she is TOO careful.

Posted

Is anyone else wondering if she is really friends with the people like she claims? To me it seems like she only hangs out with them sporadically and won't do smth for their birthday etc. 

It feels like she only acts friendly with them for content. Just like she made the video with Kenna and Venus last year but once Kenna moved to Tokyo there was nothing (kennas probably not the best example for being a friend tho either) 

Posted

Is anyone else wondering if she is really friends with the people like she claims? To me it seems like she only hangs out with them sporadically and won't do smth for their birthday etc. 

It feels like she only acts friendly with them for content. Just like she made the video with Kenna and Venus last year but once Kenna moved to Tokyo there was nothing (kennas probably not the best example for being a friend tho either) 

You don't have to document every single thing on your social media, especially not private relationships...

Posted (edited)

i don't know if it's because she's been going to fashion school, but i find her outfits way more appealing lately. i mean ofcourse she should just wear what she wants, but i feel like her older outfits were all over the place. and with her latest outfits she still gives out that 'kawaii' vibe she likes without being too much.

Edited by rosefleur

Posted

It definitely suits her better than her usual style, but I know she's not the biggest fan of more darker styles.

About her friends - my guess is that she is not really friends with every youtuber she collabs and calls friend, but I dont think she's just using all of them.

Posted

I really really like the last two instagram posts. Not sure if this is part of a "dressing as XYZ for a week" again, but damn it suits her :alpacashocked:

mikan.png

the sexy-mature style looks so good on her! :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

I really really like the last two instagram posts. Not sure if this is part of a "dressing as XYZ for a week" again, but damn it suits her :alpacashocked:

People are pretty sure she’s dressing as a member from the Kpop group Twice, and I know this outfit is included in that.  

Posted

i just saw her instagram stories about her trip and it looks like she is living her best japanese life, im glad that she is making the most of every experience 

Posted

i just saw her instagram stories about her trip and it looks like she is living her best japanese life, im glad that she is making the most of every experience 

I agree, it looks reeeeaaallyy nice!!

Posted

She's still complaining about how broke she is but lately I was thinking: living in Tokyo, going to fashion school (even if her mom helped), all that food that she shows in her stories, all the clothes she has (even if some could be from sponsors, I'm sure not all of them, I saw a picture from her wearing that big white Fila shoes recently for example). And now she got a MacBook. I have experience what being broke is and it's nothing like that.

i wish i can upvote this post a lot anyways i agree with you reading her instastory and mentioning being “broke” irks me like girl if you are legit broke you can't even buy new clothes (thrift or not), you can't even go out and eat decent dinner or lunch bc you have to be mindful of the money you spend if it will last you for a week. then the laptop you have bought you could have chosen a cheaper one or brand bc apple products don't come cheap. you could never survive living in tokyo that is an expensive city, you would be struggling with rent and school tuition. instead complaining about how broke you are be thankful not just to your followers and hiro or his parents but also to your mom who helped you with the school tuition, the people who sponsor you clothes sometimes and you have an actual job besides youtube.

Posted

Exactly. Not only on Instagram but also on her videos, I suppose it's her way to relate to the viewers. Also in one of her last videos she keep insisting on the fact that she's not pretty. What about that? I found it very strange, it's the first time I hear her saying something like that. Another "relatable" feature of her? Or maybe she was just feeling like a comment section full of "You are so beautiful!!!"? I don't find her ugly btw, she's average and kind of cute.

Posted

I didn’t find her comment about being broke and tired irritating. It was in passing as she talked more extensively about how she has everything she could ever want in life and is exceedingly grateful and happy. We all have different definitions of being broke. You can say “I’m broke and tired” being a working student who spent your money on things that may or may not have been ideal budgeting decisions. She didn’t ask for a handout or try to sell an overpriced shout out. She didn’t equate her condition to anyone in actual suffering. It was a “holy shit I may be exhausted and penniless but I love my life” exclamation.