• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

1806 posts in this topic

Posted

^For some reason Mikan gets a pass when it comes to her over editing and I honestly don't get it. "She likes j fashion, so it's okay."

I used to love watching her videos and now I feel like she's rambles too much. I wish she'd do timestamps with her talking points because a lot of the time I'm like "Okay, we get it, next topic plz."

Mikan actually gets frequently called out for her editing, it's just that many of us are used to much worse. And everyone can see what she looks like on her Youtube anyways.

If you want to see some serious over editing feel free to take a look at this thread:

Posted

So is no one going to talk about the fact that she edits her skin color to look 5 shades lighter than she really is......:/

Users discuss it here all the time. So much so that I think it's irrelevant now to bring it up over and over again. She likes the look, we all know how she looks irl. That's it, case closed.

Posted (edited)

^For some reason Mikan gets a pass when it comes to her over editing and I honestly don't get it. "She likes j fashion, so it's okay."

I used to love watching her videos and now I feel like she's rambles too much. I wish she'd do timestamps with her talking points because a lot of the time I'm like "Okay, we get it, next topic plz."

Most usually it's because people are comparing her editing to other people's editing (mainly Kenna) so as a result it isn't deemed as bad.

Sometimes (not always but sometimes it seems) people don't want to criticise Mikan because they like her (or because they know she reads here I'm not sure which) so they react that way when it's brought up in her thread. Kind of like a "different strokes for different folks" type of thing.

Edited by HeyHaHowYaDoin
because*

Posted

Most usually it's because people are comparing her editing to other people's editing (mainly Kenna) so as a result it isn't deemed as bad.

Sometimes (not always but sometimes it seems) people don't want to criticise Mikan because they like her (or because they know she reads here I'm not sure which) so they react that way when it's brought up in her thread. Kind of like a "different strokes for different folks" type of thing.

I think it's mostly because interactions with her are not unpleasant unlike those of another photo-manipulating uwu kween

i think it's good to continue to call it out as it happens though

Posted

I thought the video was cute and informative despite the white balance being off, probably from natural light outside coming in, but the video was still nice. I appreciate her making videos with minimal editing since she had promised this video in the past. I personally like watching these sort of vids because genuine information is fun to hear about, rather than someone complicating their language school/study abroad process. 

Posted

Just saw her story and thought she looked so different in it than her usual posts!

Screenshot_20190526-174120_Instagram.jpg

This is the first time I can tell she is the Asian woman that she actually is, with her natural brown grey skin with brown hyper pigmentation (the fake blush is so jarring on her actual skin), instead of an ~English rose~ with white pink tinged skin and East Asian features that she gives herself all the time.

She is literally making herself look like a white girl pretending to be an East Asian girl.

Posted

This is the first time I can tell she is the Asian woman that she actually is, with her natural brown grey skin with brown hyper pigmentation (the fake blush is so jarring on her actual skin), instead of an ~English rose~ with white pink tinged skin and East Asian features that she gives herself all the time.

She is literally making herself look like a white girl pretending to be an East Asian girl.

When I started following her I thought the way she edited herself was the way she actually looked. So I was really confused that she would stick out as a foreigner since with the edits and such she looked kinda Japanese or at least east Asian to me? 

Posted

When I started following her I thought the way she edited herself was the way she actually looked. So I was really confused that she would stick out as a foreigner since with the edits and such she looked kinda Japanese or at least east Asian to me? 

she is ethnically western asian but she's waaaaay too far to be japanese or east asian hun even half. well she edits herself to look east asian-ish that's for sure, she doesn't want to stick out as a foreigner she wants to blend in or looked like the locals. like what one of the users said here since she edit herself a lot that if ever we see her actual unedited face she looked like she is sick. honestly imo she doesn't look like an east asian at all.

even if she edits herself (lighten her skin, make her eyes small whatever) and make her eyebrows straight (which most east asians do) she still doesn't look like one. sorry but a person must be blind or have blurry visions if ever they think she looked east asian.

Posted (edited)

Mikan, no matter how much she edits herself, will never look east asian. Her Kurdish features are way to strong for that. Tbh the first time I saw her on IG (so very edited) I could already tell she was from the Middle East, she can't remove it all from her, unless she edits herself to the point that nothing is like in the original (so that would mean that she'd have to change the shape of her face etc.)

Edited by hollyhock

Posted

Mikan, no matter how much she edits herself, will never look east asian. Her Kurdish features are way to strong for that. Tbh the first time I saw her on IG (so very edited) I could already tell she was from the Middle East, she can't remove it all from her, unless she edits herself to the point that nothing is like in the original (so that would mean that she'd have to change the shape of her face etc.)

no wonder she probably had that nose job to get rid of her kurdish nose, i mean she got it before actually moving to japan.

Posted (edited)

no wonder she probably had that nose job to get rid of her kurdish nose, i mean she got it before actually moving to japan.

she still got it though, in my opinion. Her nose job didn't help at all

Edited by hollyhock
typo

Posted

Does anyone have pictures of her before her nose job?

As far as I'm aware, she had pictures of herself pre-surgery on her Facebook but deleted everything sometime before heading off to Japan.

Posted

Someone may have already asked this and perhaps I missed it, but why does she always stand on her toes in her outfit pictures?

I feel my arches cramping from looking at them all haha

might have to do with the high heel phenomena (did you know that high heels were originally designed for men riding horses?). but yeah, wearing high heels shapes your legs in a way thats attractive, so a lot of models arch their feet even if theyre not wearing any shoes.

Does anyone have pictures of her before her nose job?

As far as I'm aware, she had pictures of herself pre-surgery on her Facebook but deleted everything sometime before heading off to Japan.

sorry for the double post just wanted to attach these

Capture.JPG

6E265D59-6E42-4DCC-8601-BA0C7B36EC53.thu

79968EFE-A9CD-49BB-8AEB-82D7D416524B.thu

6E5F501D-C6C5-49C7-BDCC-896616E4E3E7.thu

Posted

sorry for the double post just wanted to attach these

Hidden Content

Thank you! The first one is pre-surgery while the other three are actually post-surgery. The second and third are just candids and the reason they look so different is because she didn't have the power edit them, while the last one is 100% edited.