• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

IMG_0188.thumb.JPG.39668eb73402c09bb96eeIMG_0189.thumb.JPG.a2a9ed561623d1e6d9afd

I don't know if any of you watch her, but apparently, Karuna Satori made some racist tweets in the past. There's a GuruGossip thread about her where you can find more.

EDIT: so I lurked a little bit on the thread and apparently, she's known for being an scammer. There have been reports of people who requested a personalized ASMR video from her for $50 and never receive it. She also seems to have abused her husband and being sued for harassment. I leave the link above, but I'm considering starting her own thread. So disappointed on other ASMRtists for supporting her.

Edited by Fitzherbert

Posted

I like Toni Bomboni a LOT. Hes my number one I go to for sleeping or anything. I feel like a lot of people are weirded out by him but that honestly triggers my ASMR. If you're awkward it just does it for me for tingles. Kind of how when kids put make up on you but you clearly know they suck at it but they wanna do it anyways so you just let them? 

Funnily enough Cringe Comps can trigger tingles for me too due to the awkward nature of them... Am I alone in this? 

Posted

Maria uploaded this pretty candid video, and it's pretty interesting.

She talks about getting married and planning a family, but the really interesting parts is when she talks about the ASMR community. It's a long video and I recommend watching the entire thing, but if you can't be arsed to watch a 40 minute whisper video she starts talking about the community around 23 minutes in.

One of the new ASMRtists I think she's talking about is  Goodnight Moon, who's one of my favorites. She never says any names but she talks about the "movie-like" videos and GM definitely has a professional production quality to her roleplays.

Back to Maria, the whole "I had a future vision" story was so weird. I know she's into the whole new age, crystals and energies thing, so it's not completely out of nowhere but like... just say you had a dream and it wouldn't sound as crazy.

Posted

Maria uploaded this pretty candid video, and it's pretty interesting.

She talks about getting married and planning a family, but the really interesting parts is when she talks about the ASMR community. It's a long video and I recommend watching the entire thing, but if you can't be arsed to watch a 40 minute whisper video she starts talking about the community around 23 minutes in.

One of the new ASMRtists I think she's talking about is  Goodnight Moon, who's one of my favorites. She never says any names but she talks about the "movie-like" videos and GM definitely has a professional production quality to her roleplays.

Back to Maria, the whole "I had a future vision" story was so weird. I know she's into the whole new age, crystals and energies thing, so it's not completely out of nowhere but like... just say you had a dream and it wouldn't sound as crazy.

Goodnight moon really is one of the best ones out there - the character asmr vids are amazing and calming - the like 2 hour long halloween special was so cool with the different characters and the storyline - that must have taken hours maybe days to write and connect. that's some fierce dedication. 

Posted (edited)

I know this thread is pretty much dead but there was a little drama with a popular Mukbang/ASMR channel recently that is just too weird to not bring up lmao.

SAS-ASMR is a (duh) ASMR channel that does chewing/eating videos and she recently hit 1 million subscribers. And to celebrate she ate a live octopus.

Yes, a live octopus, squirming tentacles and all! 

She disabled ratings and comments but her fans were not pleased, in the next video she uploaded the comment section was full of people arguing and being extremely upset about the whole thing. People were mostly upset about her laughing while eating it and claiming she was delighted in seeing it suffer. Her fans defended her by calling all critics "angry vegans" or "hypocrites" (for some reason.) And of course people were accused of not being culturally sensitive since eating live octopus is part of many Asian cultures. At this point SAS hadn't said a word about the octopus and fans were getting frustrated. Then, in a comment of the video she posted yesterday she finally adressed it.

ewr.thumb.PNG.df3cdb4af62f17d1a1ec3b828a

She unlisted the video but a lot of people are still upset about it. Her comments have been a mess for the past 2 days

So... that happened. Miraculously it doesn't seem like she's lost that many subs as she's still over the 1 million mark.

Edited by Sapphos

Posted

I know this thread is pretty much dead but there was a little drama with a popular Mukbang/ASMR channel recently that is just too weird to not bring up lmao.

SAS-ASMR is a (duh) ASMR channel that does chewing/eating videos and she recently hit 1 million subscribers. And to celebrate she ate a live octopus.

Yes, a live octopus, squirming tentacles and all! 

She disabled ratings and comments but her fans were not pleased, in the next video she uploaded the comment section was full of people arguing and being extremely upset about the whole thing. People were mostly upset about her laughing while eating it and claiming she was delighted in seeing it suffer. Her fans defended her by calling all critics "angry vegans" or "hypocrites" (for some reason.) And of course people were accused of not being culturally sensitive since eating live octopus is part of many Asian cultures. At this point SAS hadn't said a word about the octopus and fans were getting frustrated. Then, in a comment of the video she posted yesterday she finally adressed it.

ewr.thumb.PNG.df3cdb4af62f17d1a1ec3b828a

She unlisted the video but a lot of people are still upset about it. Her comments have been a mess for the past 2 days

So... that happened. Miraculously it doesn't seem like she's lost that many subs as she's still over the 1 million mark.

Personally I don't find SAS eating live octopus that strange/weird. When I went to Korea, the tour guide took us to a restaurant and we all ate san nak ji (you can google it, it's a live octopus dish). When I went to Japan, I ate the live dancing octopus thing too. A lot of people (in Korea and Japan) seem fine with that so I don't think it's that strange? but maybe it's too rude for westerners.

Posted (edited)

I don't think something being common in other cultures makes it okay or above criticism. I unsubscribed because of that video.

Edited by aloysius

Posted

Ok, that octopus eating vid made me uncomfortable. I'm not opposed to eating live octopus but it's still upsetting to see a living animal being savagely eaten like that.

It's not just a Westerner thing to find it cruel eating live fish/seafood. Yin yang yu is generally frowned upon (deep fried but kept alive). It's not even the act of eating live seafood that upsets people: most people do it with raw oysters. It's the reaction of the live animal. Shove a live lobster into a pot of boiling water? Yeah, people will say something about it too. I agree, just because it's accepted in a culture doesn't mean it's above criticism. 

Posted

has anyone seen the GibiAsmr thing? i think it was on a forum site (not sure which one) about how she pretends to be relatable and know the struggle when she’s actually from a very wealthy family and stuff like that. i did some research bc i was seriously curious if what they were saying was true and it is; she’s greek i think and she went to an extremely expensive all girls school in PA. another comment on the forum talked about how she faked being poor or something even though her dad apparently makes a ton of money (not sure if this is ok i’m new to the site and i wanted to see if anyone heard about this) 

Posted (edited)

Saw this video recently, and wanted to post it here to see what everyone else thought of it:

I'm not really surprised if more harassment has been going on in this community, since there has been stuff before with ER making disparaging comments towards Gentle Whispering and other ASMRtists. I kind of wish she would name who this person is, as this kind of behavior is not acceptable and others should probably be made aware of it so they know to be careful around this person. 

On another note, on the recent stuff about GibiASMR, I actually know some people who have gone to that school as I used to live near there. I can verify that it's very expensive and one of the more higher-end high schools in the area, though not in the "highest" tier of expensive schools you could go to. She could have gotten a scholarship, as they do give out full scholarships to probably one or two people in the grade and award some financial aid, but since so few people get it I don't think it's likely. I'll have to ask my friend who went there if she knew her haha

While I don't have a problem with her going to this school, I do have an issue with her lying about her financial status. I don't really watch Gibi's content so I'm not 100% informed on what she has actually said regarding her personal life/finances, but it's problematic if she is actually lying. She really shouldn't be pretending to have been poor/or struggled in an effort to seem more sympathetic to her subscribers, if she is doing this. 

Edited by mahoushojo

Posted

Personally I don't find SAS eating live octopus that strange/weird. When I went to Korea, the tour guide took us to a restaurant and we all ate san nak ji (you can google it, it's a live octopus dish). When I went to Japan, I ate the live dancing octopus thing too. A lot of people (in Korea and Japan) seem fine with that so I don't think it's that strange? but maybe it's too rude for westerners.

I just want to point out that Korean "live octopus" is not actually a whole octopus alive while being eaten, it's just the tentacles/nerves still moving after being killed. I know it seems like a semantics thing but it doesn't look anywhere as disturbing as SAS's video haha. I do watch her stuff sometimes but I definitely regret watching that one! It's an alive full bodied octopus struggling to escape her mouth for ages before she chews down its head - idk who wants to see that honestly, it's neither appetising nor entertaining. 

My favorite food ASMR channel is definitely Crunchy ASMR ! Her videos are so aesthetically pleasing, the sound is crisp and she eats yummy/interesting looking things :x

Posted

has anyone seen the GibiAsmr thing? i think it was on a forum site (not sure which one) about how she pretends to be relatable and know the struggle when she’s actually from a very wealthy family and stuff like that. i did some research bc i was seriously curious if what they were saying was true and it is; she’s greek i think and she went to an extremely expensive all girls school in PA. another comment on the forum talked about how she faked being poor or something even though her dad apparently makes a ton of money (not sure if this is ok i’m new to the site and i wanted to see if anyone heard about this) 

May I ask for a link of them discussing gibi?? Because I swear I remember her talking about how she was studying in med school in her earlier asmr vids cause I know med school is super expensive and also time consuming, so for a med student to still film asmr vids is hmm... But I do believe she’s not as a big geek fan than she gives off but she does seem to like it cause she goes to cons and seems pretty knowledgeable about her fandoms, like especially with teen titans and bnha 

Posted

May I ask for a link of them discussing gibi?? Because I swear I remember her talking about how she was studying in med school in her earlier asmr vids cause I know med school is super expensive and also time consuming, so for a med student to still film asmr vids is hmm... But I do believe she’s not as a big geek fan than she gives off but she does seem to like it cause she goes to cons and seems pretty knowledgeable about her fandoms, like especially with teen titans and bnha 

https://zagforums.com/thread/101267/autonomous-sensory-meridian-response/gibi-asmr/4.html

there’s a ton of new stuff but if you do a few quick scrolls on there you should be able to find all her info which is creepy but... the dudes on zagforums are crazy

Posted (edited)

I really like ASMR! I discovered it back in January 2017. Really had no idea what it was, so I just dove in (first video I saw was Taylor of ASMR Darling brushing her microphone). Although, now that I’ve seen a lot more artists, I don’t think Taylor is very good. At all. I think she mostly got subscribers because of the free clout people gave her, that and she is really pretty. Plus when that weird incident with her boyfriend happened and she refused to see how creepy, controlling, and manipulative the behavior was, I got frustrated with her. People were literally telling her things like “So when you end up murdered, at least we’ll know who did it!” She’s just really naive. I notice she has a LOT of male fans who are creepily into her, moreso than other female ASMRtists I’ve noticed. Her subreddit is one of those creepy ones:beardo: They were all super pissed when her BF did what he did.

My favorite ASMRtists have gotta be GentleWhispering (how can you not), ASMR Blossom (her gentle tapping is to die for), Dani ASMR (she’s a natural long nails model from Italy, her nails are freakin insane), TingTing ASMR (I love her voice and her cultural roleplays), and Rapunzel ASMR (She’s good at ASMR and is an interesting person if you watch her regular videos). 

Edited by AnarchyStocking
Added a link

Posted

Recently I found this post on Reddit discussing GhettoASMR, an ASMRist with arounf 60k subs, and some of the controversial stuff he's done. It seems like he tries to get people to do collabs with him for popularity, and has apparently had beef with Nite Shift, AnoASMR, RaffyTaffy, and SensorAdi. When they rejected his offer to do a collab, he called them out publicly in livestreams or commented on their videos. As people were discussing this on Reddit, he tried to WK himself in the thread and later came out saying that he was GhettoASMR.

Honestly I can't help but wonder if he was the guy that harassed that Petrana Gala girl over the collab/nudes stuff a few weeks ago. Overall he just seems really shady and obsessed with becoming famous from other ASMRtists.