• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone down to discuss ASMR youtubers? I didn’t see any topics for this kind of thing and personally listen to ASMR sometimes, so I was wondering what other people thought. :alpacaheadshake:

Who are your favorites, who you wish was more popular, who you don't like, etc... Or talk about drama that has happened, ASMRist beef, or how you feel about sexualized ASMR and such.

Feel free to talk about more people than who I included in the first post ^-^ I just included some of the more famous/controversial people to help start off discussion. And if you have anything that you think I should add to this post or some other drama, please tell me! 

EDIT: Forgot to write definition of ASMR lol (also watching a video by anyone I listed here is a pretty good demonstration of what most videos are like)

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a colloquial term used for an experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia.

Examples:

ASMR Darling

Youtube Channel // Instagram // Twitter // Reddit AMA // Reddit Account // Facebook

Image result for asmr darling

Information:

Real name is Taylor. Started doing ASMR sometime in 2015, and is close to one million subscribers. Mainly known for makeup rp's and various types of trigger videos.

Controversies:

• Recently was involved in drama where her Ex-Boyfriend (named Matthew) hacked her Youtube channel and posted a creepy, very personal video telling her he loved her. Afterwards, she took down the video and posted a response to the video, explaining what happened. She mainly got criticized for doing the response video in ASMR and excusing the creepy, controlling behavior displayed by her ex.
  • Has been criticized for having more subs than she deserves, which is largely due to being shouted out by people like Pewdiepie and other famous Youtubers reacting to ASMR videos.

--

Gentle Whispering

Youtube (Asmr) // Youtube (Vlogs) // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook

Related image

Information:

Real name is Maria. From Russia and moved to the United States. Is (the first?) ASMR youtuber to reach one million subscribers. Mainly known for her voice.

Controversies:

--

Ephemeral Rift 

Youtube // Twitter // Facebook // Blog // Patreon

Related image

Information:

Real name is Paul. Typically does the "really out there" ASMR videos where he plays certain characters inspired by Lovecraftian lore, but is mainly known as the guy who put microphones in potatoes.

Controversies:

• Has said that women shouldn’t be angry that they’re getting dick picks if they put their body on display.
  • Suggested HeatherFeather and GentleWhispering should collab on a video with him, where they both fondle his balls. He then made other derogatory remarks about them, as only being after fame and attention and implied that they would be willing to do it due to them having done more sexual ASMR videos in the past. Although this was for a video about a character who is supposed to be sexist, it came off as very creepy.
  • Gallery of the receipts: http://imgur.com/a/Ju5ks
  • Reddit Thread about the Drama: https://www.reddit.com/r/asmr/comments/3pju92/discussion_is_ephemeral_rift_a_bully_posting/?sort=confidence

--

Heather Feather

Youtube // Twitter // Instagram // Reddit Account // Reddit AMA // Facebook // Blog

Image result for heather feather

Information:

One of the original ASMRists. First popularized the "sk" sound. Has pretty varied videos, ranging from makeup ASMR to roleplays to experimental stuff.

Controversy: 

• Was originally questioned a lot for the strange camera angles in her videos. Later, she revealed that she had a problem with her neck and had to get surgery on it, thus explaining the weird angles.
  • Didn't make videos for a while, and very recently stated on twitter that she felt unsafe and that bad things had happened, but she couldn't talk about them. She confirmed that she would return to doing ASMR soon, though.
  • Source: https://twitter.com/HeathFeathASMR/status/888857631628177409

--

Raffy Taffy

Youtube // Twitter

Image result for raffy taffy

Information:

ASMRist mainly known for his tapping videos. Also the source of the asmr meme "the case makes good sounds"

Controversies:

--

Jojo ASMR

Youtube // Instagram

bnZoQz0.jpg

Controversies:

• Used to have a commentary channel called Sinn0h that he constantly spammed comment sections with self-advertising it. He would make sock puppet accounts on Youtube to like the comment and comment under it as to make it seem like he was more popular.
  • Had a Patreon during his time as Sinn0h where he would frequently not follow through with rewards
  • Titles a lot of his ASMR videos with really clickbait-y titles (ex. most of his videos have "YOU WILL FALL ASLEEP" in the title somewhere)

--

My personal favorites are probably Ppomo, Trigger Happy ASMR, and ASMRSurge. I think they all put a lot of effort into their content. :alpacacrush:

Edited by mahoushojo
update 10/16/17

Posted

Im sorry i literally have no idea what ASMR is. Ive seen the word bounced around for years on the interwebs and i literally still don't understand it. What are the videos actually??

Posted

Im sorry i literally have no idea what ASMR is. Ive seen the word bounced around for years on the interwebs and i literally still don't understand it. What are the videos actually??

ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. It's basically like your nerves getting a tingly sensation from soft sounds. It's basically like a brain orgasm? It's really hard to explain but the shit helps me fall asleep and relax lol

I didn't realize there was so much controversy surrounding some ASMRtists! I know there are some weird ASMRtists that are definitely in it for the money doing weird fetish stuff like the twins kissing your ear stuff. :beardo:

My personal favorites are Whispers Unicorn and Thomwhat ASMR. 

Posted

I actually really like Heather Feather and hope she is going to return to making ASMR videos soon.
She's like, the only youtuber that didn't make me uncomfortable with their videos. It probably has something to do with her being really approachable and somewhat nerdy?
I never thought ASMR Darling to be that good, to be honest. But I don't have anything bad to say about her in particular.

ASMR has always helped me fall asleep after a panic attack.

Posted

ASMR has always helped me fall asleep after a panic attack.

I have anxiety and paranoia and I agree, I think some of them are okay. 

Posted

I only like ASMR youtubers when they're reviewing game products.

Posted

I love Maria from Gentle Whispering, Latte is one of my favorites. I like Goodnight Moon ASMR (formerly FreshBlush) because she brings the stuff she geeks out on to her videos, like her hat shop RP as Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle. I also enjoy ThomWhat and Miniyu. Hatomugi is my favorite Japanese ASMRtist. 

Posted

Has anyone heard of PPOMO ASMR? I always got like a weird loli vibe from her. 

Also, I remember when roleplay ASMRs were actually enjoyable and very relaxing like the ear doctor roleplays, hair salon, perfume stand, etc. Now I feel like it's been tainted with sexual fetish roleplays like character ones. I think of Seafoam Kitten's ASMR in particular with her tsundere dragon videos.

Posted

I like a lot of ASMR artists! They have helped me a whole lot with my insomnia, mainly because my brain won't shut up and the sounds are nice enough that I can't think about other stuff that give me anxiety. 

I love asmr requests (ally). She is really sweet and keeps it real, she is also funny and creative. Sadly, she recently lost her brother, but she is strong af as she keeps putting content out. 

I'm also fond of Olivia Kisspers and Fairy Char, specially Charlotte, she is very joyful and charismatic, and I love her roleplays. Scottish blueberry is also really sweet, her channel feels way less 'professional' but I can tell she loves what she does and I really appreciate her videos and her mom vibe lol. 

Scottish murmurs makes me uncomfortable sometimes because I think she purposefully kind of sexualizies some of her videos, but I can't deny she is a good actress and I enjoy her videos more often than not (nothing wrong with wanting to be or look sexy, I just don't like my asmr to be like that lol) 

I used to watch Gwen Gwiz since the very beginning of her channel, but she began posting very sex related click baity thumbnails and titles, and when she broke up with her girlfriend, I feel like she went all out to cater to the male audience and I just had to unsubscribe. 

I wasn't aware there was drama or anything, so I'll have my popcorn ready

Posted

Not traditional speaking ASMR, but I love Almazan Kitchen's channel. It's some guy making delicious food in forests. If you like the sound of cooking, sizzling, etc., their channel has helped me fall asleep more than a few times. It's here if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVAnxQ2YMC_qlc7QfPA2YQ/featured 

Posted

I really like TenaASMR, fastASMR, and latte 

does anyone listen to palegeaASMR(sp??) I listen to her cause the girl knows how to trigger my tingles but holy hell does she make me uncomfortable sometimes, she does hella fanservice shots and moves and doesn't seem to care about the more sexual comments she gets , she's gorgeous but she's a very typical Russian/German pretty girl 

I like albwhispers sometimes, only when I forget how annoying alb can be sometimes but she is very gentle and warm in her asmr videos 

I also like fairychar too but sometimes I find her really pandering too same with Olivia Kissper

omg I forgot her channels name but she's the one that did the lady from Edward scissorhands role play where she does your makeup and it was sooo relaxing 

Posted

I still can't believe what happened to the The Waterwhispers (Ilse). She used to be one of the big ASMRtists (along with GentleWhispering, Heather, Pigsbum, that one famous guy) and now she barely has any views!

Posted

I love maria, she's just so nice and some of her whispering videos knock me out completely. 

i like karuna satori too (very comforting and motherly - makes me feel loved), suzevi (great for just having in the background), asmr magic ( great tapping and roleplay asmr ),  asmr glow ( really nice and her sci fi characters are cool - but wowza that's some highlight), goodnight moon asmr (left some weeks ago because of the comments on her videos, but she's back, which is great for her fantasy themed asmr ones are really nice listening to - really dedicated to giving the full fantasy with her setup and looks), softannapl (polish - i like polish so it's a great thing to have in the bg), the one lillium ( a bit on the sexual side, but some of her stuff is great - she did a collab with the waterwhispers). 

I don't like listening to male asmr - they creep me the fuck out, as well as the really sexual ones. i just want to fall asleep and feel warm. 

It's pretty much the biggest reason i use youtube these days. it's so calming and it helps with my anxiety a lot.