• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Shane Dawson

2687 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just think the cat thing is so... dumb? I really do. I'm not some mega Shane fan- the guy was an unfunny hack. Clock Shane for his racist skits, the blackface, the gross kid jokes, etc by all means. He's a grown adult. He knows better. But I think painting him as someone who actually fucks his pets ventures into silly territory. It's not farfetched that Shane would lie abt something that gross to get a reaction (I feel the same way abt that gross husky kiss).

racism.thumb.png.8ca7789eb59651fbacb2457

But lol once again, it's not about the joke. It's the fact that people aren't letting him be accountable for it. If you can't understand that, you're just like his stans that won't let him be accountable for something he did. Just let the man apologize and leave it that, no excuses just like everyone else. 

Edited by sleepydumpling

Posted

But lol once again, it's not about the joke. It's the fact that people aren't letting him be accountable for it. If you can't understand that, you're just like his stans that won't let him be accountable for something he did. Just let the man apologize and leave it that, no excuses just like everyone else. 

that... that meme doesn’t work in the context of me saying he’s responsible for his racism, but to go as far as calling him an actual cat rapist over a joke is inaccurate, my dude. I care more about his blackface and his use of the N-slur then I do the cat joke. That’s the opposite of what that scene meant aGSHSHJSUWUE

i think you’re misunderstanding me. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be held accountable for this. He should. It was gross and unfunny. But tbh he’s not an animal rapist and ppl trying to end his career over this stupid cat thing, of all the things he’s done, is silly imo 

thats the last thing I’m gonna say abt it bc I’m clogging the thread agshdhd 

Posted

1BDEC5AB-11C4-43FE-813A-2D4D54ACF60D.thu

Shane proposed to Ryland (and Ryland accepted)

i don’t really like Shane right now but this is so sweet to me 

Posted

Honestly Shane shouldn’t go nowhere near comedy. I still to this day don’t know if he jokes about pee bottles or does he actually do it. 

P.S. why he’s kneeling on both his knees?😅

Posted

The fact that the meme was even somehow ended up being applicable to a real life situation baffles me LMAO. I know what the original comment actually meant but it does come off as “Shane can handle being a racist. But an animal fucker? Too far!”.

Posted

Honestly Shane shouldn’t go nowhere near comedy. I still to this day don’t know if he jokes about pee bottles or does he actually do it. 

P.S. why he’s kneeling on both his knees?😅

He’s begging ryland to marry him because no one else wants a man who pees in bottles

just kidding anyways some other videos of shane being suspicious with animals have surfaced 

https://twitter.com/jakegrnr/status/1108217079008657408?s=21

another cat joke

https://twitter.com/jovanforever/status/1108210007462436865?s=21

Posted

If this hadn't been on their anniversary (so obviously planned way ahead) I would have suspected this to be a distraction campaign lol
But good on them, congrats! Both on the engagement and on that Shane managed to get out of his disgusting bath robe for five entire minutes

Posted

He’s begging ryland to marry him because no one else wants a man who pees in bottles

just kidding anyways some other videos of shane being suspicious with animals have surfaced 

https://twitter.com/jakegrnr/status/1108217079008657408?s=21

another cat joke

https://twitter.com/jovanforever/status/1108210007462436865?s=21

the thing just gets worse every time... i can't even understand how he thought it would be funny to joke about this in the first place

Posted

honestly i want to like shane, but there's literally a controversy with him every 5 seconds... 

i do think he's changed from how he used to be (i.e. all the gross humor from his past) but the way he handles these things when they get brought up rubs me the wrong way. "it was just a joke!" i don't (want to) think he did it, but i don't even know what would compel a person to think that kind of thing is funny. i just don't get, if he's embarrassed by his past humor why does he have all of it still easily available, and why does he still sell a shanaynay shirt? like, if you really didn't support your past humor, then you wouldn't want to profit off of it. money is more important than morals, i guess.

Posted

Ashamed to say I was a huge fan of shane in his very early days, and was always super happy when he put out a new hanging with shane vlog or sketch video. Back then he often hung out with kate in his vlogs and most of his official videos were sketches on emo's,degrassi,paris hilton etc, and even back then over 10 years ago he already made these disgusting "I had sex with my pets" kind of "jokes". And im honest.y terrified at thethought that it probably are and never were jokes to begin with. I never liked how he treated animals anyway, not that he hit them or anything.

But it seems like he easily got rid of pets and replaced them just as easily as well. Not to mention the cringy self loathing humor. Ugh.

Posted

honestly with all this cat stuff, it really does sound like a long running BAD joke lol. the videos of him being weird with animals is obviously creepy and for shock but obviously that doesnt make it ok and its uncomfortable for sure...

i was also a fan of shane back in the old days because to put it bluntly: i just didn't know what he was doing was bad. i thought it was funny as a younger person and back then, so did most people. thats why he became popular. but i think with the internet getting bigger, we just have so many more opportunities to learn about things and overall we're all just more educated. maybe he also didnt realize that what he was doing was bad at the time either but i was a kid and he was an adult already so i guess its different. as an adult, his old videos are awful and i cant even sit through more than 2 minutes of one. 

Posted

I'm happy for him but why is he on both knees, he really looks like he's praying or something lmaooo 

Posted

The timing of his proposal is so bad lmao but it's a long time coming. Him and Ryland have been talking about getting married and having kids for a while now, as soon as they moved I knew they were gonna tie the knot sooner or later.

It's a shame their anniversary happened to be on like the same day as his cat-fucking controversy (the more i think about it the funnier that sentence gets lmaooo). People who don't know much about their relationship are all over twitter calling this damage control/a cover up, and from an outsider who only found out who Shane is through the cat thing, it does look kinda bad.

He could've waited like a day or two to post it maybe, so it didn't come off like some thrown together cover up, but I get why he didn't. Now he's gotta deal with people photoshopping a cat's face onto Rylands in the engagement photos tho.

Posted (edited)

Curious.

> ONLY REFERING TO THE CAT TOPIC SPECIFICALLY, NOT ANYTHING ELSE <

"They let him get away with jokes"

What do ya'll expect to happen? Cancel culture? 

They're jokes, it's America. As someone from a country where free speech isn't a thing - being able to make the grossest, most offensive jokes is a right for Americans . It's a privledge. He's an entertainer, jokes are SUBJECTIVE. I could tell a harmless joke about a goldfish and 3 different people could take that joke 3 different ways. Intent matters. If he didn't actually hurt an animal and if he's apologized and spoken his piece - what are we expecting?

What else do people want?

I will agree his fanbase treats Shane like he's holier than tho - and that's pathetic - but what exactly does he have to pay for here?

If he takes this and changes. That should be enough right? If it's not. I'm curious to know what repentance he must pay. 

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted

😂😂😂 These memes are too funny.

FB_IMG_1553098198428.jpg