• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

1561 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Shane might've had some sexual experience with animals when he was younger and that was probably the inspiration behind the so-called "joke." I've watched a lot of comedy specials and I'm no way a comedian expert, but a lot of comedians have a way of telling dark jokes where you can tell it's a messed up joke but there's no ill intent behind it and it's still funny. When I listened to the clip I couldn't really hear what the joke was or what it was intending to be? Shane should probably wipe his past problematic videos cause who knows what can pop up next, he can't keep apologizing. Cancelling Shane was never going to happen, his fanbase is too loyal, if Shane actually did do something to his cat I wouldn't be surprised if his stans defended him.

Posted

Shane could get away with anything tbh he could do anything he want and his fans would defend it, he has put on this victim costume to make people feel bad for him. I have watched actually most of his videos and I couldn’t help but think that he’s somehow perverted :/. Listen I understand making sexual jokes but some of the sexual things he say sound sincere that he’s trying to pass it off as jokes rather than just random madeup jokes. Again I don’t believe that he was joking about beastiality. 

Anyways apparently he has monetized his apology video? He was being called out on twitter and that was also mentioned.

Shane also still sells shanaynay merch which is not only disgusting but makes all his apologies about his racist past sound empty. It makes me lol when people scream “he has changed!!!!!!!!!” like he doesn’t still sell shanaynay merch and hang out with racists.

6FA35B10-863B-4327-A63C-E8EA8164E58D.thu“im not into politics” 9_9

Posted (edited)

D169bE2UkAALLbF.thumb.jpg.e61cb70816e069 

Can we just cover that ,,Shane Redemption'' written by Garrett Watts? It's absolutely abysmal.

Firstly, Shane messaged the bubbliest and the happiest person of his clique to write this for him, because the adorable Garrett is all about kindness and peace.

Secondly, he quotes Beyonce's words that don't help the situation, Shane's  ALL mistakes were highly amoral and obnoxious.

Thirdly, ,,his shock humour shows the least genuine part of him''.......so what is Shane anymore? He only talks about shocking things - his lack of hygiene, poor diet, medications and laughs about his eating disorder and violently kisses puppers.

Fourthly, he compares a grown man making terrible choices to a cartoon show that was written to be borderline controversial and dark. What the actual fuck.

Fifthly,

5c90ebf23e029_Beztytuu.thumb.png.77cf913

tenor.thumb.gif.e7afd194b10736c67439e409

And for the grand finale, Garrett is an ass for saying to us to be forgiving. For something like this.

Edited by ThatOneIngrown

Posted

i think shane did a lot of incredibly stupid ass things to try to be edgy and funny, and they were all pretty tasteless and gross, but i kind of think people are making such a huge deal about this and it's just like.... idk. maybe i'm being too flippant. i just figured we all knew shane used to make the worst most embarrassing nasty 'jokes' and it's nice to hear him issue a real apology for his old content i guess. although i guess because of that dog fucker girl, you can never just ASSUME people are joking about this shit. 

Posted

His jokes are shitty and have been even shittier before.

I just dont believe he has ever had sexual experiences with animals and I really think people are overreacting with that.

(Im not defending his humor, its shitty)

Posted (edited)

Shane needs fucking therapy.

The problem isn't that he has the shock humor of a 6th grader, it's that fact that he can get away with it at this point. There has been countless of edgy YouTubers and people who make those types of jokes but most of their personas stay on their channel, not in interviews or podcast. 

Shane can literally do whatever he wants and no one will give a fuck. No one can tell the difference between whether or not he's joking which is an issue on his part. See how many people fled to defend him when the cat issue happened, it's like they have a blood pact. Some people don't want to support that, and they have a right to. 

I even saw another post on gurugossiper about how he joked about blowtorching a lizard, and the guest there couldn't tell if he was joking or not and told him that was animal abuse and it wasn't funny. 

I wouldn't put it past him to say outrageous things for attention but it isn't the public's fault that his delivery is so bad that no one can tell whether he was joking or not. 

exactly, idubbbz is a character, filthy frank was a character, shane is just shane.

Edited by Sugarbeets

Posted

I saw a few of those "tea spill" (ugh) channels that used the dog kissing footage, but literally forgot to address it in the same video defending shane and that "he was just joking"

Idk about everyone else but he seems really comfortable with just casually making out with dogs on camera... who does that just for a joke? Like this isn't the usual pet owner kissing their pet's muzzle or nose and baby talking them. He's legit sticking his tongue in there and frenching it. And people are just ignoring that. But Shane could do really anything and people will defend him as long as he makes himself look like a victim rather than take actual responsibility and cut this shit out.

How many times does this have to happen before he learns saying/doing certain things will come back later to bite him in the ass?

Posted

I’m not here to defend Shane because everyone knows those jokes were cringe as fuck, mega unfunny, and just generally disgusting. He was a grown ass man who knew better. 

That being said, as repulsive as those jokes were, I don’t think Shane ever fucked his cat or his dog (I’ve seen the dog kissing video, and while that’s still absolutely disgusting, I still don’t think that’s evidence he’s a zoophile or fucked his pets).

I also don’t think he’s a pedophile (yes, the jokes were gross and out of hand, but I don’t actually think he’s sexually attracted to little girls). I think he just really wanted to be some whacky Tosh.0 rip-off. It was boring shock humor that pandered to obnoxious teenagers. I’ve watched a lot of dark humor that used whatever taboo subject as joke so maybe I’m just that desensitized, idk.

My problem with all of this sudden rush of twitter exposing is that:

1.) This is all old shit coming out that Shane’s apologized for (the pedophile jokes and the racism, at least). He addressed this awhile back, and it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t make these kinds of jokes anymore or participate in that kind of humor at all. He makes completely different content and stays far away from those kinds of topics at hand. I’m not really sure what people want him to do about this other than apologize. 

2.) Jovan, someone who’s also been caught being xenophobic/racist (specifically towards Muslims) yet somehow his apologies are different and deserve to be accepted, is the one who started this and he’s been going on a radical callout spree on everyone after he photoshopped that James Charles DM as a joke. This really isn’t coming from a place of genuine concern or interest in seeing people own up to shit and grow. He wants attention and $$$ and that’s really about it, and he’s willing to be a giant hypocrite in the meantime. 

He needs to be focusing more attention on actual pedophiles and predators like Romeo and Onision, both of whom have been involved in horrible shit with actual young girls (as well as Onision who’s actually hurt animals in the past). 

Sorry for the giant post but this just reads like a situation that really didn’t need to happen. And again, if you dislike Shane for all he’s done I get it. He was a grown ass man who knew better. I’m just saying, this isn’t new and this is all being dug up by a really scummy source with bad motives. 

Posted

I saw a few of those "tea spill" (ugh) channels that used the dog kissing footage, but literally forgot to address it in the same video defending shane and that "he was just joking"

Idk about everyone else but he seems really comfortable with just casually making out with dogs on camera... who does that just for a joke? Like this isn't the usual pet owner kissing their pet's muzzle or nose and baby talking them. He's legit sticking his tongue in there and frenching it. And people are just ignoring that. But Shane could do really anything and people will defend him as long as he makes himself look like a victim rather than take actual responsibility and cut this shit out.

How many times does this have to happen before he learns saying/doing certain things will come back later to bite him in the ass?

Nah, not really. Tbh like what he was doing was kinda nasty...

Posted

I’m not here to defend Shane because everyone knows those jokes were cringe as fuck, mega unfunny, and just generally disgusting. He was a grown ass man who knew better. 

That being said, as repulsive as those jokes were, I don’t think Shane ever fucked his cat or his dog (I’ve seen the dog kissing video, and while that’s still absolutely disgusting, I still don’t think that’s evidence he’s a zoophile or fucked his pets).

I also don’t think he’s a pedophile (yes, the jokes were gross and out of hand, but I don’t actually think he’s sexually attracted to little girls). I think he just really wanted to be some whacky Tosh.0 rip-off. It was boring shock humor that pandered to obnoxious teenagers. I’ve watched a lot of dark humor that used whatever taboo subject as joke so maybe I’m just that desensitized, idk.

My problem with all of this sudden rush of twitter exposing is that:

1.) This is all old shit coming out that Shane’s apologized for (the pedophile jokes and the racism, at least). He addressed this awhile back, and it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t make these kinds of jokes anymore or participate in that kind of humor at all. He makes completely different content and stays far away from those kinds of topics at hand. I’m not really sure what people want him to do about this other than apologize. 

2.) Jovan, someone who’s also been caught being xenophobic/racist (specifically towards Muslims) yet somehow his apologies are different and deserve to be accepted, is the one who started this and he’s been going on a radical callout spree on everyone after he photoshopped that James Charles DM as a joke. This really isn’t coming from a place of genuine concern or interest in seeing people own up to shit and grow. He wants attention and $$$ and that’s really about it, and he’s willing to be a giant hypocrite in the meantime. 

He needs to be focusing more attention on actual pedophiles and predators like Romeo and Onision, both of whom have been involved in horrible shit with actual young girls (as well as Onision who’s actually hurt animals in the past). 

Sorry for the giant post but this just reads like a situation that really didn’t need to happen. And again, if you dislike Shane for all he’s done I get it. He was a grown ass man who knew better. I’m just saying, this isn’t new and this is all being dug up by a really scummy source with bad motives. 

I know I've been posting a lot in this thread so, hopefully, this will be the last one I feel drawn to respond to. 

I've seen lots and lots and lots of people talking about how this all happened a long time ago. The most recent allegation was in 2017. People aren't mad that the jokes have been made. It's the fact that he still gets away with them. Even after he made his recent apology, he was liking tweets that said he shouldn't have apologized in the first place. 

The issue with Jovan doesn't matter because people aren't mad about the fact Shane did make those statements. If he brought it up, then he brought it up. Most of Shanes fan even thought it was Kpop fans who started the issues because they just want "attention". I'm not going to say that what Jovan did was right and he should be held accountable for his actions just like anyone else because he is. 

Let's say he did do it for money and attention...That doesn't make what Shane did any less real? Shane apologized and Jovan apologized. The difference is that Shane has massive loads of people saying "you didn't have to apologize. it was a joke. people are just sensitive." No one said that for Jovan, or Laura Lee, Trisha Paytas, etc. 

Everyone wants to say that people should be focusing on the "real" predators and that's a bit of a strawman accusation. You can be worried and invested in two issues at the same time. 

This is just a lesson learned that if you're going to be about that energy, then it needs to be equal across the board. 

Posted

This humour is very reminiscent of 2010-2013, back then no one would have battered an eye, oh how times have changed

Posted

I know I've been posting a lot in this thread so, hopefully, this will be the last one I feel drawn to respond to. 

I've seen lots and lots and lots of people talking about how this all happened a long time ago. The most recent allegation was in 2017. People aren't mad that the jokes have been made. It's the fact that he still gets away with them. Even after he made his recent apology, he was liking tweets that said he shouldn't have apologized in the first place. 

The issue with Jovan doesn't matter because people aren't mad about the fact Shane did make those statements. If he brought it up, then he brought it up. Most of Shanes fan even thought it was Kpop fans who started the issues because they just want "attention". I'm not going to say that what Jovan did was right and he should be held accountable for his actions just like anyone else because he is. 

Let's say he did do it for money and attention...That doesn't make what Shane did any less real? Shane apologized and Jovan apologized. The difference is that Shane has massive loads of people saying "you didn't have to apologize. it was a joke. people are just sensitive." No one said that for Jovan, or Laura Lee, Trisha Paytas, etc. 

Everyone wants to say that people should be focusing on the "real" predators and that's a bit of a strawman accusation. You can be worried and invested in two issues at the same time. 

This is just a lesson learned that if you're going to be about that energy, then it needs to be equal across the board. 

The cat joke was in 2017, yeah, but people are dragging up the other shit with it too. Also, I really don't see how he's "getting away with it" right now- he's being crucified for this. There are dozens of tweet threads w thousands of likes detailing the possibility he might be into animals. He hasn't gotten away with this. Ppl have every right to not like him for this / be angry / not watch his shit anymore, but as far as what he can do in this situation is pretty limited. He explained himself and apologized, I'm not rlly sure what he's supposed to do.

Also I'm not sure about the idea people aren't angry about him making those statements, because they are. People are furious with him over that cat thing, whether or they not they think it's a joke (which is fine, they have a right to be). 

And I feel like it matters that Jovan brought this up because this wasn't a concerned person scared that Shane actually did something. It was facilitated by a racist douche who knew it'd get him attention. Does it make what Shane said any less real? No, but again, this is a joke he made two years ago based on a sketch. It's not a definitive proof video that came out of him actually doing this that he released. Plus, it's not really Shane's fault there are fans claiming people are too sensitive (yeah, he shouldn't be liking them, but I'm not gonna gang on him for liking supportive tweets).

I also don't think it's a strawman accusation to say people should care more about the child groomer than an unfunny internet stooge making a joke abt him nutting on his cat. One is the endangerment of a real, actual living children and the other is a Youtube comedian making an edgy joke about nutting on his cat. I don't mind people being upset about both, but the Shane thing is outshining Romeo's situation. 

I just think the cat thing is so... dumb? I really do. I'm not some mega Shane fan- the guy was an unfunny hack. Clock Shane for his racist skits, the blackface, the gross kid jokes, etc by all means. He's a grown adult. He knows better. But I think painting him as someone who actually fucks his pets ventures into silly territory. It's not farfetched that Shane would lie abt something that gross to get a reaction (I feel the same way abt that gross husky kiss).

Anybody who owns a cat knows it's highly fuckin unlikely a cat would just lay there and let someone do that. Most cat's don't like their stomachs rubbed, ESPECIALLY like that. 

I dunno, I'm just more likely to believe Shane was a lying edgelord than someone who actually did that to an animal. /shrug

Posted

Regardless of whether it's true or not ( I think we can all agree it's most likely not) I can't get over the fact this guy sat down there, knowingly being recorded and thought: You know what? I should say this. This seems like a good idea.  

Posted

at first I wanted to defend him, but that clip of him literally making out with a dog is really sus :alpacabored: why aren't more ppl bringing it up?