• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Shane Dawson

2713 posts in this topic

Posted

The issue I have with Shane is when he claims he is spending a few months away before his next upload he says he is filming all that time. Then the release date is still delayed despite saying he's spent months getting a certain video ready but then is still disorganised with his upload schedule. 

I think he is a great YouTuber has he has managed to maintain a successful YouTube career since the Fred YT days and I've been subbed to him since then. But right now it's getting frustrating waiting so long between videos :/ I feel like he tries to overcompensate with his editing. He could easily do these kind of videos with less editing and a shorter video time. His fans are becoming toxic too! 

Posted

Shane should quit it with the boring conspiracy theory vids and do a docuseries on Kiki and Kotakoti :harharplz:  hell, even bring Jeffree Star back for it for extra drama 

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I just watched Shane's new conspiracy video and I'm going to give my thoughts on it.

Honestly, compared to the last one I thought this one was great. It dealt with some great topics IMO. But one of my main criticisms about it was how Shane kept going back in forth between topics, which for one, is inappropriate with the subject matter and two, makes it hard to page attention. I'm aware he does it to keep people interested and keep people watching but... how can he edit the video to be talking about abuse and human trafficking one second and then talking about fucking Chuck E. Cheese pizza another? However, I do believe that the Chuck E. Cheese shit needs to be investigated because it would definitely be illegal if it were ever proven. I just think it's insensitive to mix in Brittani's story in with it just for views. Just my 2 cents.

Something I really loved though was how he exposed Milos face at the end. The entire time I was kinda just sitting here like "Well, if Shane blurred his face, it would actually increase the chances of MORE women getting trafficked and abused by him." so I'm actually happy he did that, especially with his platform. Even though Brittani technically still had videos of him on her channel.

Edited by iridescence

Posted

Okay, so I just watched Shane's new conspiracy video and I'm going to give my thoughts on it.

Honestly, compared to the last one I thought this one was great. It dealt with some great topics IMO. But one of my main criticisms about it was how Shane kept going back in forth between topics, which for one, is inappropriate with the subject matter and two, makes it hard to page attention. I'm aware he does it to keep people interested and keep people watching but... how can he edit the video to be talking about abuse and human trafficking one second and then talking about fucking Chuck E. Cheese pizza another? However, I do believe that the Chuck E. Cheese shit needs to be investigated because it would definitely be illegal if it were ever proven. I just think it's insensitive to mix in Brittani's story in with it just for views. Just my 2 cents.

Something I really loved though was how he exposed Milos face at the end. The entire time I was kinda just sitting here like "Well, if Shane blurred his face, it would actually increase the chances of MORE women getting trafficked and abused by him." so I'm actually happy he did that, especially with his platform. Even though Brittani technically still had videos of him on her channel.

I actually liked that he skipped around between topic. I think he is trying a new editing style. Like how some documentaries switch between focuses. Idk if you've watched some documentaries where they switch between points of view. like different victims or scenarios. I think he may be experimenting with new styles. For some reason I feel like it kept me more engaged throughout the whole hour and 30 minutes but thats just how I viewed it. 

Posted

Wow would you guessed it? I actually liked this video lol. I was confused at first why Brittani was included in the video because it's more like a personal story then a conspiracy? But I guess it is because the conspiracy is that her ex was with the Serbia mafia. I feel awful for her and her family though. 

Posted

I actually liked that he skipped around between topic. I think he is trying a new editing style. Like how some documentaries switch between focuses. Idk if you've watched some documentaries where they switch between points of view. like different victims or scenarios. I think he may be experimenting with new styles. For some reason I feel like it kept me more engaged throughout the whole hour and 30 minutes but thats just how I viewed it. 

this is how i see it too. i like the switching because brittani's is more serious and dark and the chuck e cheese's is funnier and the voice thing is kind of sort of in the middle. keeps my attention too.

Posted (edited)

I kept skipping ahead cause I was only interested in Brittani's story. The last time I had ever watched a video with Brittani in it was when she was in Fight of the Living Dead with Tre Melvin, JC Caylen, Fouseytube and all of them. I legit didnt even know she had a child. My heart really goes out to her like im so sad she had to go through that but im happy she and her son didn't get caught up in human trafficking. The fact that this guy has already moved on to his next victim and had a child with her is wild. The world is a really scary place. 

Edited by Allee

Posted

Wow would you guessed it? I actually liked this video lol. I was confused at first why Brittani was included in the video because it's more like a personal story then a conspiracy? But I guess it is because the conspiracy is that her ex was with the Serbia mafia. I feel awful for her and her family though. 

iirc shane actually was hesitant about releasing this video because he was aware that it didn't quite seem like a conspiracy theory video, which is why he initially was going to postpone it; to edit it to seem more like a conspiracy video. He didn't end up editing it in the end, which is why it doesn't seem like it I guess.

Posted (edited)

I’ve known who Brittani was since Shane’s super early days on YouTube. I saw all the emo couple videos they did and even those videos where Shane was supposed to be Miley Cyrus and Brittani was Miley’s friend (I forget that chicks name). Hearing her story was wild, and I can’t believe someone like her went through something like that. Like if what the police say is true (that her husband was more than likely trying to traffic her), why the hell would he pick a known YouTuber? I’m so glad she and her son got out and are safe now. Her son is also super adorable.

the Chuck E. Cheese thing is disgusting and I honestly fully believe that conspiracy after seeing everything Shane covered. I mean come on.... the cuts and the crusts not lining up are a dead giveaway that they do recycle uneaten pizza. The world is full of scummy corporations so it’s not that far fetched, IMO. (Also side note, I’m super surprised that they were all let into Chuck E. Cheese as adults with no kids. Cuz when I was growing up, you HAD to have a kid with you to enter. Like my pregnant aunt tried to go in just to order a pizza and they wouldn’t let her.)

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

Tbh Im watching the second one because you guys said its good, AND OMG THE EDITING IS HORRIBLE at times I literally do not know what is going on. 

Posted

This video was good tbh. This stuff is more up Shane’s alley. Even if he’s not a professional researcher, I don’t think such quality should be expected from him as he’s a YouTuber lol.

Posted

This video was good tbh. This stuff is more up Shane’s alley. Even if he’s not a professional researcher, I don’t think such quality should be expected from him as he’s a YouTuber lol.

I know people want him to step up on his editing and such because there are other youtubers who have cinema like editing, but i like his editing tbh. It feels more like I'm watching a bunch of friends rather then some high quality production. and then again it is supposed to be more light hearted and i think shane wants his videos to feel more like its all him. I guess he likes the being able to call his content his. But then i see why he still gets a bunch of criticism 

Posted

oh i was super engrossed in this one from start to finish. at first i was really skeptical about the editing but damn did it end up ratcheting up the "suspense". it basically just reminded me of like those tlc docuseries like my strange addiction or smt that go between storylines to hook you but imo shane was much more successful at it bc of the added dramatics. 

like honestly anyone who can get me to care that much about a god damn pizza conspiracy.... gotta hand it to you shane. really hope he sticks with this format, i like it a lot better than him "exposing" (doing free PR...) for controversial youtubers. 

and to the ppl making the comments about his being too up his own ass for "revolutionizing cinema" yes, i think shane is a sensitive crybaby who takes twitter feedback too seriously and probably thinks to highly of himself. but like.... his content kind of IS revolutionizing youtube... it's setting up a higher standard for content creators and legitimizing the platform as popular media. like that shit got more views in within 2 HOURS than cable TV episodes get in a whole season... which is interesting to watch regardless of how you feel about him/his content.

Posted

This video was definitely better than the last. Again, not really a “conspiracy” video but it was at least interesting and more entertaining - I didn’t eye roll too hard this time.

The editing was okay I don’t mind the jumping back and forth between topics, I get what he was trying to accomplish and I’ve seen other shows do this - but I felt like it jumped from one topic to the other a little too quickly at times so it didn’t feel like I could completely soak in what was going on before I was rushed back into one of the other topics...If that makes any sense...lol.