• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

2033 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

For a while I thought I was on tumblr instead of PULL.

Yes, his recent videos have a lot of cheesy parts. Yes, he's involving other youtubers. Yes, he gives off "ellen" vibes. So what? I'd rather watch that than wOw fOrTniTe cHaLLeNgE gOnE WRoNg & sExUaL *eMoTioNaL*... I know that sounded stupid, but you know what I mean. Plus, everyone's content has little ups and downs, it's just natural.

This is a forum to speak your opinions on Internet people so...? I'm not sure what your point is. People are right to express being tired of his savior complex and to want representation. Nobody is forcing Shane to do anything. 

Posted

This is a forum to speak your opinions on Internet people so...? I'm not sure what your point is. People are right to express being tired of his savior complex and to want representation. Nobody is forcing Shane to do anything. 

I agree, we're here to express our opinions. ;) You see it as a savior complex, I see it as him exploring new content by helping others out.

My point is that steering everything toward a race/gender/sexual orientation issue is such a toxic thing to do. I can't wait for people to see other people as just human beings.

Posted

My point is that steering everything toward a race/gender/sexual orientation issue is such a toxic thing to do. I can't wait for people to see other people as just human beings.

While this is OT, nobody is making “everything” about those important issues, we are literally discussing his videos in this specific thread. 

On topic, have you all seen the new video? Thoughts?

Posted

I'm not familiar with Bunny but I wonder how she felt about the whole video. In a way this video felt so artificial and I couldn't help but chuckle when Shane said "let's go and talk, just me and you" cause I thought to myself "yeah and millions of fans, too". This video is not much of getting mental support from your friend cause that's not something you share online but rather miking all the benefits. Now Bunny's channel will be exposed to more attention and Shane will get the title of the Saint again? Still his content is better than most of youtubber's so I don't mind. 

Posted (edited)

While this is OT, nobody is making “everything” about those important issues, we are literally discussing his videos in this specific thread. 

On topic, have you all seen the new video? Thoughts?

(I'm typing this as I'm watching the video)

The intro is kind of...uncalled for. The clips, the audio over it of Bunny crying, lolcow screenshots, drama channel clips, was really not needed. I just felt weird about it. 

Shane's vibe in that video was kind of weird but he became more comfortable.  Ryland and his sister though.. It might have been off camera but most of the looks on their faces were confused and disinterested. Garett and Shane seemed to be the only ones having fun. 

I really liked when Bunny was explaining her doll room and telling stories about it. She seems more relaxed and playful. 

That part where they're just dropping stuff on the floor like...really...I'm sure Bunny didn't mind though. 

I did like the part were they talked it out. I feel really bad that Bunny feels this way. I watched her for a long time and I really saw a lot of myself in her. I'm glad she talked about her problems though. I relate to her so much and I'm sure a lot of people do. Shane's responses were really good in the conversation. 

Overall I really liked the video...until...The end where they said they were going to a haunted store. I don't know if it was Bunny's idea but she has expressed that she doesn't do paranormal stuff anymore because of a bad experience. I hope everything goes okay.

Edited by sleepydumpling

Posted

Exploit her for money, meme on her crying. 

Gotta get them views! 

B04D5550-4A4E-4FCB-9FE0-5DB927C611D0.jpeg

Posted

omg i thought i was the only one who thought this oprah shit is cringy

also his video with molly... nope dude. just stop acting like blindness is so scary and shit. 

also i love his humour so much and him as a person but its obvious he is doing those serious bits as a sort of way to shut up people who say his content is vapid

also im sorry but ryland seems super weird... im just getting red flags and i dont know why.

Posted

Shane's vibe in that video was kind of weird but he became more comfortable.  Ryland and his sister though.. It might have been off camera but most of the looks on their faces were confused and disinterested. Garett and Shane seemed to be the only ones having fun. 

i noticed that too. i  feel like morgan gets a lot of hype from shanes fans bc shes funny and goofy but shes just like any other 18 year old girl. 

Posted

omg i thought i was the only one who thought this oprah shit is cringy

also his video with molly... nope dude. just stop acting like blindness is so scary and shit. 

also i love his humour so much and him as a person but its obvious he is doing those serious bits as a sort of way to shut up people who say his content is vapid

also im sorry but ryland seems super weird... im just getting red flags and i dont know why.

I mean to Shane and to most people, blindness is scary... the whole point of that video was him learning that people with disabilities can do things and live good lives regardless. Those videos were great because I think it enlightened a shit ton of his viewers. I didn't realize that talking traffic signs and audio books were things that helped someone who is blind. Idk I was really touched by those videos.
Would you rather have prank videos and Shane just eating $1000 pizza or actually using his platform to help his viewers have a better understanding of being blind, being overweight, etc. In my opinion, I think Shane is actually doing something great with his voice.

I don't think this new series with bunny is necessarily that good tho. These first two videos with bunny feel like they could easily have been just one video and then jump right into the "spooky" adventure. 

Posted

OT but..

What sometimes irks me is pretty much in every one of these new ~Ellen~ videos that he does, he mentions something being his *biggest fear*

He's said being blind is his biggest fear, dying is his biggest fear, riding airplanes is his biggest fear, going bald..etc. He starts off every video talking about a new ~biggest fear~ he has. Idk it just irks me.

Posted

I mean to Shane and to most people, blindness is scary... the whole point of that video was him learning that people with disabilities can do things and live good lives regardless. Those videos were great because I think it enlightened a shit ton of his viewers. I didn't realize that talking traffic signs and audio books were things that helped someone who is blind. Idk I was really touched by those videos.Would you rather have prank videos and Shane just eating $1000 pizza or actually using his platform to help his viewers have a better understanding of being blind, being overweight, etc. In my opinion, I think Shane is actually doing something great with his voice.

I don't think this new series with bunny is necessarily that good tho. These first two videos with bunny feel like they could easily have been just one video and then jump right into the "spooky" adventure. 

adding on to this

we gotta remember that molly was once able to see and gradually lost her vision as her disease worsened 

she basically had to start her life over again which is indeed scary and frustrating to all

Posted (edited)

I like Morgan, I think she can improve her content though, I think the fact that her fans eat up anything she puts out is not good for her. I know she has potential to do way better videos than she does now. I really enjoyed her video where she talked about Angie. I think if she tries less to be relatable and more sincere and original she could put out better content. I hope she gets better video ideas and works on them.

edit: I haven’t used tumblr since 2011

Edited by Agasshi

Posted

unpopular opinion?? i guess lol 

Watching the video with shane and bunny was so off-putting, like the entire time I kept cringing at how arrogant Shane seemed? Like Bunny's content is shit but a collab with shane will automatically get her views back up? And the comments were all dickriding shane because, you know, Shane is god and can't ever do anything wrong! 

I also agree that shane is getting a bit too like.. idk. I know this is really wrong of me to say and really jumping to conclusions.. but I don't like how he always brings up his personal struggles?? like ALL THE TIME he keeps bringing up his weight and i get it, it's a funny gimmick and i think its pretty funny but in serious videos about OTHER people why does he need to bring himself up?

Also I like Morgan, she does feel a bit out of place every now and then though, but I guess that's normal since she's so new.

OT but..

What sometimes irks me is pretty much in every one of these new ~Ellen~ videos that he does, he mentions something being his *biggest fear*

He's said being blind is his biggest fear, dying is his biggest fear, riding airplanes is his biggest fear, going bald..etc. He starts off every video talking about a new ~biggest fear~ he has. Idk it just irks me.

THIS. yes we all have insecurities but I feel like in EVERY SINGLE VIDEO he has to get emotional like not everything has to be deep shane!!!! and you cant have 50 different 'BIGGEST FEARS'

I know I'm being really harsh but I think it really needs to be said because shane's fanbase (including me) all really look up to him and never really criticise anything he does and usually support all of his content.