• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

1559 posts in this topic

Posted

from jakes story?

4izcn8i8byw11.jpg

he probably wrote that while he was pounding an ig model 

Posted

so if you guys aren't updated on the whole smosh(&clevver)/defy media conflict it's obviously been brought to shane's attention on twitter and a lot of people are saying he needs to do a documentary on smosh/the whole situation and i just.... i understand that shane has friends negatively impacted by this but he shouldn't get himself involved in something that is a much bigger problem than one of his oprah youtube videos can solve. these people don't need a youtube documentary on their parent company's downfall, they need to find a place/office/new company to secure their jobs.

Posted (edited)

so if you guys aren't updated on the whole smosh(&clevver)/defy media conflict it's obviously been brought to shane's attention on twitter and a lot of people are saying he needs to do a documentary on smosh/the whole situation and i just.... i understand that shane has friends negatively impacted by this but he shouldn't get himself involved in something that is a much bigger problem than one of his oprah youtube videos can solve. these people don't need a youtube documentary on their parent company's downfall, they need to find a place/office/new company to secure their jobs.

I know absolutely nothing about this conflict, could you summarize it or link it to somewhere where people can read about it?

Edited by boopa

Posted

It's been said here a while back but Shane needs to make documentaries centered around real issues that are actively hurting real people. He has so much power in terms of status and influence, he should put it to good use and stop pumping out shallow content that focuses only on Youtubers and their woes.

I don't know what's going on with Smosh but like I'm pretty sure they and everyone else involved don't need Messiah Shane to come in and act like he can fix their problems.

Posted

I don't know what's going on with Smosh but like I'm pretty sure they and everyone else involved don't need Messiah Shane to come in and act like he can fix their problems.

By "fixing" do you mean fake gasping and tell everyone how much alike they are? :harharplz: 

Posted

I know absolutely nothing about this conflict, could you summarize it or link it to somewhere where people can read about it?

Looks like defy media filed for bankrupcy despite having larger investments on the last year. And now it seems the channels have issues in terms of getting the ad revenue from youtube and the channels had to be separated from the MCN to get access to the money. I only saw in a Philip deFranco video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhezZ3uX4W8 there is a bit in the beginning.

Posted

MatPat decided he wanted a part of the Jake Paul cookie while it's still (kinda) hot too, and is doing a theory regarding Jake. What is interesting is that he hints that Shane might have gotten paid by Jake's investors to either do the documentary, or to only focus on the drama while ignoring the corporate behind the casual mask, to redo his image as this "misunderstood every day guy" instead of the massive douchebag that he is. Could also be the reason why Shane didn't really care much for Alessas' side - she isn't the one waving wads of cash in his face, she is just there to make the documentary more realistic. 

And considering Shane's passive reaction to his "family" being in hot water again it feels kinda... plausible? We'll see how Matt ties it all up in his next video.

Posted

Ok but I genuinely feel bad for Erica,honestly she isn't that bad as people talked about her.

She got so much hate thanks to being with Jake & team10 and she could have left like half of the members but she chose to stay. She was always so supportive of Jake and always sided with him.

so what does Jake do.....he cheats on Erica.

Some people are saying karma but it's really not considering Erica got into a realtionship with him after he broke up with Alissa, so you can't really compare that to Jake cheating on her while they were together.

Jake is a serial cheater and he shouldn't get into relationship if he is just going to cheat.

Posted

Ok but I genuinely feel bad for Erica,honestly she isn't that bad as people talked about her.

She got so much hate thanks to being with Jake & team10 and she could have left like half of the members but she chose to stay. She was always so supportive of Jake and always sided with him.

so what does Jake do.....he cheats on Erica.

Some people are saying karma but it's really not considering Erica got into a realtionship with him after he broke up with Alissa, so you can't really compare that to Jake cheating on her while they were together.

Jake is a serial cheater and he shouldn't get into relationship if he is just going to cheat.

idk man, i don’t really feel bad at all. 

erica was jake’s friend/assistant/whatever before dating, she was friends with alissa too

and she probably knew about jake constantly fucking girls with alissa knowing

but she still decided to date him?

she knew him for a year, she knew what was coming but still decided to date him

thats her fault

Posted

I don't know how well i'd be able to summarize it but here's a video Anthony Padilla (former smosh member) made in response to the statement defy media put out and he goes into detail on some of the shady stuff they did.

to put it in simpler terms basically defy media "bought" (i don't know if that's the right word?) these smaller brands like smosh, clevver, even some individual youtubers to provide a work place and basically support the brands. the company ended up never going public unlike what was promised so it was practically impossible to make money through stock. since the company filed for bankruptcy without letting ANY of the people working for them know, youtubers under defy that usually have to give a portion of their pay to the company ended up not getting any money at all these past few months (the company took all the money for the bankruptcy issue which they did not inform their clients about). so now essentially without warning all of the people under the company have lost their jobs (their office space, etc.) and need to find a new parent company. i'm sure there was other shady shit like the constraint on creative content, sexual harrassment issues in the past, etc. Philip DeFranco has made several videos on the company as well, I believe.

TLDR; defy media stole money from youtubers under their wing and then filed for bankruptcy without notice leaving hundreds of people without jobs, money, or an office space.

Posted

I feel like Defy just scammed these creators. I don't know why they went bankrupt now though, maybe they became satisfied with the amount of money they had made of of these youtubers and just bailed. 

Posted

Apparently both Shane and Team 10 had to evacuate because of the So Cal fires

Posted

Honestly when it comes to the so-called friendship of Shane and Jojo Siwa, I am kinda questioning it. Like I am just saying it always felt like he was mocking her when he spoke about her, but maybe I am in the wrong because its the same with him and Tana soooo idk maybe he treats his friends like that.

Posted

Honestly when it comes to the so-called friendship of Shane and Jojo Siwa, I am kinda questioning it. Like I am just saying it always felt like he was mocking her when he spoke about her, but maybe I am in the wrong because its the same with him and Tana soooo idk maybe he treats his friends like that.

Lmao it's pretty obvious that he doesnt see them as friends, maybe collab-friends but nothing else then that.

Also am I the only one who noticed how fast shanes friendships end, he isnt friends anymore with any  ofhis yt friends in the past except for trisha.