• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

2033 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

saw this on twitter before and thought it was an interesting point

73F9B05C-65B3-44B5-BEA3-724BDAA3E906.jpeg

That's precisely what I was getting at the other day.. there is just something weird.. and. uh.. ironic (?) about this whole fact that every single one of this docu series so far was about white privileged ppl. Ok, I'm like.. 98% sure he did not do that on purpose, or that he has any deep reason why his documentaries end up being about white &&rich people, but it doesn't help his case either. Because more and more ppl will notice, then maybe even start bringing up his whole problematic past against him too again (like the blackface videos and whatnot) .. I may be totally wrong but I think the fall of Shane Dawson could be coming. His popularity was rising so rapidly the past ..idk year? and the higher you climb, the harder you fall.. 

but also ..if more ppl will bring this up against him, i can see him purposely finding a poc youtuber for his next series just so he can have a "token series" for that matter.

anyway content cop on shane when? 

Edited by Tinkerhell

Posted

That's precisely what I was getting at the other day.. there is just something weird.. and. uh.. ironic (?) about this whole fact that every single one of this docu series so far was about white privileged ppl. Ok, I'm like.. 98% sure he did not do that on purpose, or that he has any deep reason why his documentaries end up being about white &&rich people, but it doesn't help his case either. Because more and more ppl will notice, then maybe even start bringing up his whole problematic past against him too again (like the blackface videos and whatnot) .. I may be totally wrong but I think the fall of Shane Dawson could be coming. His popularity was rising so rapidly the past ..idk year? and the higher you climb, the harder you fall.. 

but also ..if more ppl will bring this up against him, i can see him purposely finding a poc youtuber for his next series just so he can have a "token series" for that matter.

anyway content cop on shane when? 

i can honestly see this happening :doge: 

Posted (edited)

saw this on twitter before and thought it was an interesting point

73F9B05C-65B3-44B5-BEA3-724BDAA3E906.jpeg

Yeah I'm 99% sure he's just taking the most sensationalized YouTubers with controversy to turn into views/profit and they just... happen to be white. I mean that speaks to a deeper issue on a societal level that we glorify all of these privileged, white pieces of sh*t. I guess with Jeffrey that's kind of an unfair assumption to make when he had a poor/abusive upbringing (though obv now is very privileged).

I feel like this post is reaching a bit too far, but I do agree that it'd be nice for him to represent more diversity in his series. 

I also think it might be an unconscious grouping thing. It's pretty clear that the majority of Shane's friends are white, he was brought up in a white area, all of his good friends from his past are white, and so he may just gravitate more towards white people in general... but he should be aware that he's doing it and how that reflects on his channel, even if it's not intentional.

You know what would be a great documentary is him analyzing his own racist past (the Shaneequa bs) and actually learning from black YouTubers why it wasn't okay... like yes, he apologized but I get the feeling he only did it bc of the backlash (he's made snarky comments about his 'controversies' and being 'villainized when other ppl were doing it too!'). Like he still literally sells merch with that character on it but without the blackface element. Just because you took that away doesn't mean it stops representing a negative stereotype against black people.

Edited by sylveon

Posted

Wow shane. Bitter much? Seems like his "too nice for the whole world" facade is slowly crumbling under the pressure of not everyone kissing his ass.. 

also "for free" not so much if we consider he was sponsored for a few parts of the video and got well paid to make these videos but..

wow.thumb.PNG.8ec98cd390582d5cf04c65a038

Wow he is pissed. Why doesn't he just ignore this comment? 

Posted (edited)

Wow shane. Bitter much? Seems like his "too nice for the whole world" facade is slowly crumbling under the pressure of not everyone kissing his ass.. 

also "for free" not so much if we consider he was sponsored for a few parts of the video and got well paid to make these videos but..

wow.thumb.PNG.8ec98cd390582d5cf04c65a038

Lmaooo. How stupid is he? HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS WAAAH. Like, he's missing their whole point. All he knows how to do is play victim. Just goes to show how much he doesn't care about POC or people who suffer from abuse. Jake is literal trash and this docuseries isn't going to change that, no matter how much time he spent on it. Pick better people to do a docuseries on, Shane.

Edited by Succubrat
Added a little more

Posted

NB5sMmR.png

The difference is shane you're not actually doing anything ~great~ and you're not actually addressing real issues that jake has done and is probably STILL doing. 

also lol you're 30 and you still act childish as fuck

Posted

The difference is shane you're not actually doing anything ~great~ and you're not actually addressing real issues that jake has done and is probably STILL doing. 

also lol you're 30 and you still act childish as fuck

he literally didn't address much, like half the video was jake staring at the wall and going "ah...uhhh...*touches hair*...."

i thought they were going to address the family, but they merely grazed that issue and moved on  :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

How the fuck would it even mater if it was for free!?

Posted

the irony of it all was shane's claims that this was going to be unbiased and yet now he's calling them family and has clearly picked a side in this situation as to where he stands on jake's behavior and who jake is as an individual, which is disgusting considering jake's free use of slurs (and i don't care if he was raised like this or that's the "culture" in his house, that's still gross), the casting couch situation and his hyper aggressive/abusive nature towards others. 

the fact that shane sees jake paul as relatable is honestly a little alarming, but it makes complete sense considering they both have a maturity level of a 13 year old. 

Posted (edited)

his "free" content legit pays his bills so idky he's acting like he's a generous saint for doing a series on a racist misogynist.  hehe i love it when karma strikes! also he's a full on adult he's acting like a toddler who got their candy taken.. phew

tenor.thumb.gif.c0dfc9ca7b05be80d24c73de

Edited by littleheart
i cant spell

Posted

God I feel like the last episode is gonna be the worst with Shane sympathising for jake 

Posted (edited)

Shane, protip, if you want to help someone grow and change, maybe don't sympathize with them and coddle them? Don't sweep problematic shit they haven't owned up to under the rug?

He's way too soft and scared of coming off like the bad guy. He cares more about how people like Jake will think of him when it's all said and done, instead of worrying about how he's coming off to his audience. That's pretty backwards, considering we literally help pay his bills. 30-years-old and acting like such a spoiled, entitled brat. Sad.

Edited by Succubrat