• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

1703 posts in this topic

Posted

Guess he snapped.

0571E026-D34A-4460-8212-E9B2A1041EE1.jpeg

Posted

Guess he snapped.

0571E026-D34A-4460-8212-E9B2A1041EE1.jpeg

What? Shane sounds like a thirteen year old here.

Posted (edited)

he also mentioned that he's taking a break from twitter but he's still gonna tweet out when the next part of the video is coming

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by chocopie
i didn't include the rest of the convo, but shane responds to mike by saying his $10/hr remark was rude and etc. the conversation is still up on twitter if anyone wants to see.

Posted

am i the only one who noticed that shane always seems to give attention on criticsism and opinions that are not in his favour.

Yet there were so many people who enjoyed the series and defended him yet shane hasnt even given a single glance to those people...

Posted

I watched Logans reply to this and even though I'm not a Logan fan I think his video hit all the points that need to be addressed to criticise this series. And I can tell Shane is feeling snarky he couldn't get both brothers involved. 

At this point I feel like Shane should abandon the documentaries after this one. The first few he did were good but now he knows how popular they are he keeps trying to find more dramatic and interesting things to talk about and he is executing them poorly. His deluded fans are not helping either and Shane can't take criticism. 

Posted

Even though diesel has said numerous times that he likes shane and this is just critisicm,this is a comment that a shane fan(who claims he isnt)left on diesel patches video.

IMG_20181002_163455_006.thumb.jpg.21e6d6

Posted

I'm late in this conversation but let me say, referring to disorders as "disgusting" is unproductive and bad taste, eeeeeespecially if you're doing an entire serious about them. Not to mention, a mental health professional should never refer to someone's disorders as "icky" or "gross" or infer she feels dirty after talking about them, because while parts of someone's behavior caused by disorders may be unsettling, to label a thing someone has and cannot help as gross or dirty is dehumanizing. 

Imagine having a mental disorder and having a licensed mental health professional call what you have gross or icky. That would fucking suck, because it puts a perspective that other MH professionals may feel the same way and deter them from receiving help out of shame. It's bad practice. 

I had an issue with skin picking for a long time, and everyone in my life hounded me for it about how gross and disgusting I was for doing it, and I couldn't help it. It's called dermatillomania and I'm covered in scars from it. It sucked, and people around me made sure that I felt gross and inferior for it.  Yeah, they didn't call ME disgusting, but my disorder was an aspect of me, and they found that aspect repulsive, and that hurt.

Depression isn't disgusting. OCD isn't disgusting. Schizophrenia isn't disgusting. Sociopathy isn't disgusting. They're complex mental disorders with complex impacts on people. 

I don't think Kati is an idiot but this was super unprofessional of her.

I think Shane is starting to realize the weight of what he's gotten himself into, and that mental illness is a much bigger rabbit hole than he thought it would be.

Yeah i had some time to think about this and i remembered that one time when i told a therapist about my issues, she said "uhhh yikes". i'm word on word quoting her on this. I'd still personally call my depression disgusting for what it's making me go through, but i completely forgot how it made me feel when the therapist said that. I take back what i said because i like kati's factual videos a lot and it clearly didn't make me see the whole picture. It just drives me nuts to see how people judge her knowledge by how she says she feels when being around X/Y/Z disorder. Eitherway i'm very sorry, it was impulsive of me.

Posted

I hate this entire sociopath thing (not to mention that this past week I've heard this word 3x more times than I did in my entire life lol). Shane had some serious controversies with stuff like suicide, pedophilia, racism etc and he clearly haven't learned anything and he's back at it again. I think his videos are amazing and he's talented as hell, but he has absolutely no tact (and never had). He has no idea how to address sensitive topics (mental illnesses are one of them), he's "apologizing" but doesn't think he did anything wrong. These past 3 videos were a mess, but I'm actually looking forward to the video with Nick, because they will FINALLY UNCOVER SOME NEW STUFF ABOUT JAKE PAUL instead of speculating some bs about his&his parents' mental health. 

I don't think Shane will ever change when it comes to how he treats sensitive topics, but he should just avoid these things. Series with Bunny and Jeffree were amazing because they were about THEM showing their life, sharing stuff that were never exposed to the public before with Shane's funny commentary on the side. That was entertaining. And I'm pretty sure I will also enjoy the parts of this series when he uncovers some new stuff about Jake, team 10 drama etc but he needs to leave this sociopath thing. Shane has stepped into new territory, but it just doesn't work with him, his morality and editing style.    

Posted

every time i check shane's twitter, i get more and more disappointed. it's so ridiculous how his fans are endlessly defending him and the portrayal of aspd to the point of telling people who are on the spectrum of aspd that they're just being "mean" and being "haters." also, what is up with all these youtubers siding with him? the # of youtubers being like "you're always going to hate no matter what you do shane" is really disappointing when it's not even hate, it's a marginalized community being stigmatized even more than they already are.

plus, the number of fans i've seen "you can't get offended for people who can't feel" is just mind boggling and further shows the fact that this series is doing more harm than good for people who have aspd  

Posted (edited)

Also, maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the main reason his documentaries are so appreciated is because he has insides and he can reach out to ANYONE and ask them the questions we all wanted to know. Like he interviewed Tana and the guy who organised Tanacon, even though that didn't solved anything it still put some new light on the case, and we were all just super curious. Same thing with Jeffree series. I just hoped the series will be about him talking to people from team 10, Logan and Jake himself and asking some spicy questions that has been going around unanswered. And yeah that will probably happen next episode but this entire sociopath fiasco is so unnecessary and dumb. Also why would we even care if Jake Paul is a sociopath or not?  Everyone has some issues, he's an asshole and that's it. This is just a mess. 

Edited by saina

Posted

he also mentioned that he's taking a break from twitter but he's still gonna tweet out when the next part of the video is coming

image.jpeg

Shane is straight up lying, he didn’t change things, he still demonized it and his apology was bullshit. Im tired of his behavior 

Posted

If Shane can drop these documentries all together and go back to conspiracy theory videos and spooky adventures that be great.

Posted

I do miss his conspiracy videos. I agree, I'm a bit tired of the back to back documentaries. 

Posted

Yeah i had some time to think about this and i remembered that one time when i told a therapist about my issues, she said "uhhh yikes". i'm word on word quoting her on this. I'd still personally call my depression disgusting for what it's making me go through, but i completely forgot how it made me feel when the therapist said that. I take back what i said because i like kati's factual videos a lot and it clearly didn't make me see the whole picture. It just drives me nuts to see how people judge her knowledge by how she says she feels when being around X/Y/Z disorder. Eitherway i'm very sorry, it was impulsive of me.

I completely understand, ur good my dude!