• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

2033 posts in this topic

Posted

Welp, here it is. So.. I think it's too early to say where this is going - but I'm glad that Shane has got some self-awareness. He knows that Jake is fucked up, he knows that this series is a bad idea, that he's getting Jake views by doing this and that he's going to receive lots of backlash for it. Shane also kinda acknowledged being too soft on Tana (which is good) and he's hoping not to do the same to Jake Paul.. which tbh I'm kind of doubting, because I still think that Shane will go soft on him and Jake is going to end up being portrayed as a 'good guy'. All I can say is I will keep watching the series because I'm curious how it will go, however, if Shane makes us try to sympathize with Jake fucking Paul I'm outta here. 

This basically summarizes my thoughts. I was honestly kind of relieved when he showed some self awareness lol. Ever since Tanacon I've had this grudge against him that honestly felt like it was getting bigger and bigger which SUCKED because I lived for his videos. I mean, his over dramatic reactions to everything and the dramatic sound effects and his lowkey god complex still kinda annoy me (literally that's how I found this thread... I searched "shane dawson god complex" because I was fucking praying someone felt the same about him as me as it seemed all of his millions of fans STAN him and could never give or hear one critique of their almighty god shane) but it was when he started giving bad people a platform and then SYMPATHIZING with them (while claiming he was being unbiased???) omfg that really made me angry. I hope throughout this series he actually keeps his word when he says he really wants to sit down with him and basically tell him off. But who knows, that's what he said about Tana and we all know how that went. And Jake seems like a master manipulator, and Shane is quite honestly a MASTER at being manipulated and being naive lmao whoops. ALTHOUGH, he doesn't know Jake personally and isn't biased and is going to actually be talking to a shit load of people who Jake has personally wronged and Shane knows EVERYONE is watching. He's aware that Jake could possibly be using him for views. He's aware of how controversial this is and how many people will turn on him (both fans and other youtubers) if he paints Jake in a sympathetic light. I actually have some hope for this one guys. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted

Welp, here it is. So.. I think it's too early to say where this is going - but I'm glad that Shane has got some self-awareness. He knows that Jake is fucked up, he knows that this series is a bad idea, that he's getting Jake views by doing this and that he's going to receive lots of backlash for it. Shane also kinda acknowledged being too soft on Tana (which is good) and he's hoping not to do the same to Jake Paul.. which tbh I'm kind of doubting, because I still think that Shane will go soft on him and Jake is going to end up being portrayed as a 'good guy'. All I can say is I will keep watching the series because I'm curious how it will go, however, if Shane makes us try to sympathize with Jake fucking Paul I'm outta here. 

I had a good feeling that part 1 would be a waste to watch. I wonder when we will actually see him talking to Jake. Part 7? xD

Posted

I had a good feeling that part 1 would be a waste to watch. I wonder when we will actually see him talking to Jake. Part 7? xD

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually true. It seems that Shane's got tons of people to interview about Jake. So the next few parts will probably be people who know JP talking trash about him, explaining what an asshole he is and the last 2 or 3 videos will probably be dedicated to Jake, his family and his life and we could get some 'heartbreaking story' about why Jakey acts like a piece of shit and ended up so fucked up.. and I really hope that Shane doesn't let him do that and actually confronts him about everything.

Posted

In my opinion, the first few parts of Shane's videos start out fine and entertaining but the final part ends up being awful. 

Posted

This basically summarizes my thoughts. I was honestly kind of relieved when he showed some self awareness lol. Ever since Tanacon I've had this grudge against him that honestly felt like it was getting bigger and bigger which SUCKED because I lived for his videos. I mean, his over dramatic reactions to everything and the dramatic sound effects and his lowkey god complex still kinda annoy me (literally that's how I found this thread... I searched "shane dawson god complex" because I was fucking praying someone felt the same about him as me as it seemed all of his millions of fans STAN him and could never give or hear one critique of their almighty god shane) but it was when he started giving bad people a platform and then SYMPATHIZING with them (while claiming he was being unbiased???) omfg that really made me angry. I hope throughout this series he actually keeps his word when he says he really wants to sit down with him and basically tell him off. But who knows, that's what he said about Tana and we all know how that went. And Jake seems like a master manipulator, and Shane is quite honestly a MASTER at being manipulated and being naive lmao whoops. ALTHOUGH, he doesn't know Jake personally and isn't biased and is going to actually be talking to a shit load of people who Jake has personally wronged and Shane knows EVERYONE is watching. He's aware that Jake could possibly be using him for views. He's aware of how controversial this is and how many people will turn on him (both fans and other youtubers) if he paints Jake in a sympathetic light. I actually have some hope for this one guys. Keeping my fingers crossed.

i am honestly still bitter about the tana video tbh, i haven't trusted shane since then.

if he decides now of all times to be '''unbiased''' and actually go hard on jake, I still wont trust him, tbh. Because Jake Paul is already hated across the board, it's almost low hanging fruit. he literally can't go wrong with it because (if you're not a tryhard 12 year old) the expose makes itself since Jake is such a fucking dumbass scumbag. 

It would be great to see a big name like shane expose his ass, dont get me wrong. but I will still look back at his tana videos and remember hes only unbiased when it's convenient. 

Posted

i am honestly still bitter about the tana video tbh, i haven't trusted shane since then.

if he decides now of all times to be '''unbiased''' and actually go hard on jake, I still wont trust him, tbh. Because Jake Paul is already hated across the board, it's almost low hanging fruit. he literally can't go wrong with it because (if you're not a tryhard 12 year old) the expose makes itself since Jake is such a fucking dumbass scumbag. 

It would be great to see a big name like shane expose his ass, dont get me wrong. but I will still look back at his tana videos and remember hes only unbiased when it's convenient. 

I'm honestly bitter about how Shane handled Jeffree's documentary 

Posted (edited)

Something that popped up in my head yesterday before the video got uploaded was...what if JP actually asked Shane to make this doc about him? Maybe he offered something to him and we know Shane isn't really assertive. Like, I honestly still don't understand Shane's motivation in making this series (and it's 8-damn-part!!!). His documentaries are extremely popular and despite what the outcome will be, it's still a win-win situation for Jake while Shane is getting mixed responds. I actually loved the idea he mentioned about making a series on youtubers mental issues. I wouldn't even mind a separate episode about Jake Paul because he fits this concept. But 8 episodes about trying to prove that he's a sociopath?? Really?? Like, that still doesn't make sense to me that Shane would come out of his own way to make this documentary and make it SO LONG.

Also, I wish he would include both the talk with this british guy who was explaining what happened on Team 10 and interviewing the psychologist in one episode instead making it into two separate. Like, I get it how these parts are important to the story but I think we all just want the part when he interviews Nick and other people connected with Jake Paul and the Jake Paul himself...like Shane is trying to make this series so deep but we all just want the tea lol  

Edited by saina

Posted

I'm honestly bitter about how Shane handled Jeffree's documentary 

Shane deleted his video about that pedo furry that raped his dog but won’t delete his Jefree docuseries after he got exposed for being racist last year obviously because they still get views = money. Shane doesn’t actually care at all for his fans feelings unless they have are white and money to buy his ugly fanmerch. I will watch this and just hope that he doesn’t waste my 5 hours, if he sympathizes jake paul like he did tana and jefree I will unsubscribe. No shane, you’re content quality is not getting better, you’re just thirsty for money. Want to know when you made good content? When you made light hearted spooky boy videos and conspiracy videos, not docuseries you’re not even good at.

Posted

Shane said this a while back:

7e298ad410af2d8a0fd2d7f7883ffe51.thumb.p

I believe shane when he says he's interested in the subject and that the subject isn't just about jake. I'm gonna watch the series weither i hate it or not lol and i really hope it's not going to be as pitty party'esque as it was with for example the tana video. 

Posted

I don't understand the full reason why everyones triggered that Shanes making a JP video tbh. He can do whatever he wants the only thing questionable is he says "I don't want to do it for money" yet there's ads in the video. Its fine if you wanna make that quick coin but own up to it.

I guess ill type my final opinions after the video. Watching rn.

Posted

Of course Shane is doing this to get more money lol. He even mentioned a sponsorship in the beginning of the Jake Paul video whereas the other videos with JS and Tana Mongeau didn’t (correct me if I’m wrong). He knows more people will view the Jake Paul series because it’s more controversial and peaks the curiosity of both fans and antifans alike. Nothing wrong with trying to earn more money because he’s a YouTuber for a living. The thing that annoys me is how is always put himself down by calling himself poor when he’s more well-off. He isn’t rich as JS, but he’s stable. He has a home that looks like it’s on the hills somewhere, merchandise, plenty of sponsorships, and a mother that fully loves and supports him. Part of me believes he create these documentary-esque videos because he’s genuinely interested and curious, but we all know deep down it’s all just content, and in the end it keeps a roof over his head. Imo he’s trying to be humble in a way. 

Posted

shane is good at making the videos interesting but one thing that irritates me like crazy is that with this new docuseries on jake paul, theyre really pushing the narrative that all sociopaths are these crazy, evil people especially with the background music he's using to make the videos creepy... sociopathy is a legitimate mental illness and there are a lot of people who want to get help for it too. idk those are my 2 cents on this series so far. i also hate the excessive amount of ... cutaways? idk what youd call those

Posted

shane is good at making the videos interesting but one thing that irritates me like crazy is that with this new docuseries on jake paul, theyre really pushing the narrative that all sociopaths are these crazy, evil people especially with the background music he's using to make the videos creepy... sociopathy is a legitimate mental illness and there are a lot of people who want to get help for it too. idk those are my 2 cents on this series so far. i also hate the excessive amount of ... cutaways? idk what youd call those

ikr he keeps saying "maybes he's a sociopath", "maybe youtubers are sociopaths." like dude... take a breather... and find some new vocabulary. I understand that this is the main theme of the "documentary" but it's only the second episode and im tired of hearing that word. All I am saying is that he's throwing that word around a lot.  

Posted

I was surprised that the therapist seemed to be encouraging this narrative too. I mean,  she seems nice, but the world doesn't exactly need more people treating mental illnesses like horror stories. I was surprised that she kept saying that sociopaths don't feel any emotions at all  since that's one of the main things that distinguishes them from psychopaths, as far as I understand.