• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

1968 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

Definitely miscommunication. I believe Michael. Why would he want to ruin his name and company by throwing a bad event? 
And I believe Tana wanted throw a good convention.

One thing I do know is.... At Tanacon, they were giving everyone VIP tickets. My friends got in line early (and had the free tickets) and they were let in by security. The security did NOT check anything and just handed everyone coming in a bag/vip badge.  Thats why everyone had VIP badges (not because they all paid for it)

Posted

I love Shane but I was so annoyed when he said about Micheal "he is just a kid". So first of all NO ! He is a (young) adult ! Yes he is still very unexperienced, but he presents himself as the fucking CEO of his compagnie. Therefore he is supposed to act like one ! Especially when shit goes down. It was his fucking reponsability (and Tana's too) to make sure the event went as well as possible.

He comes out with the flimsiest excuses. Like that Tana asked to do to much stuff in not enough time. Dude ! It's your fucking job to say no to things that you know are not viable. She is your client but if there is things you can't deliver on you can either: negociate to come as close as possible to the initial request or say stray up "NO! We can't do this, we don't have the time/ressources to that". That's not fucking rocket science ! I am only two years older then him and I know that !

And like, it sucks for him to loose so much money over this but one: he dug his own grave. And two he so incredibly lucky that nothing worse than sun burns happened to people ! Litterely, people could have been shot. In their fucking heads. And die. Your dumb ass could get sued so hard right now ! 

Posted

I love Shane but I was so annoyed when he said about Micheal "he is just a kid". So first of all NO ! He is a (young) adult ! Yes he is still very unexperienced, but he presents himself as the fucking CEO of his compagnie. Therefore he is supposed to act like one ! Especially when shit goes down. It was his fucking reponsability (and Tana's too) to make sure the event went as well as possible.

He comes out with the flimsiest excuses. Like that Tana asked to do to much stuff in not enough time. Dude ! It's your fucking job to say no to things that you know are not viable. She is your client but if there is things you can't deliver on you can either: negociate to come as close as possible to the initial request or say stray up "NO! We can't do this, we don't have the time/ressources to that". That's not fucking rocket science ! I am only two years older then him and I know that !

And like, it sucks for him to loose so much money over this but one: he dug his own grave. And two he so incredibly lucky that nothing worse than sun burns happened to people ! Litterely, people could have been shot. In their fucking heads. And die. Your dumb ass could get sued so hard right now ! 

Image result for big brother thinking gif

Okay...maybe you need to calm down a bit before the other video comes out because it seems you're jumping to conclusions a bit. 

1. I think when Shane says they're both "kids" I think he means from his point of view. Shane has done movies and many projects before he turned 29 so I think he understands that when you're in your early 20's projects can fall through like that. 

2. We all know how Tana can be towards certain things. People can't make up the fact that she is highly known to be irresponsible with time so it isn't too far-fetched to think she probably had a lot of demands and probably wanted them in time for the con . She herself said she was planning everything to the last detail such as the size of glitter and what color it was. In the first place, she wanted to do the con in the time that Vidcon was doing it and he asked to change it and she said she wanted it that date. He said himself that he's looking into suing the hotel for misinformation. It would look like this: 

> Tana wants the con the same day as VidCon 

> GoodTimes looks for a hotel for the same day 

> *allegedly* Said hotel says they can host 4,000 people 

> GoodTimes books it since there probably wouldn't be another venue like that in the first place for said date and location.

3. This is a business. He said he's done meet-ups with Magcon when they were popular. If you remember that, I don't think it was so far fetched to hold something like TanaCon. I'm sure he knew it would be a big investment and could also help them launch into other opportunities.  It's not a stupid idea. 

I'm not making a conclusion until the third video comes out because there are two sides of the story and we already got more information than what we got from other channels. 

Posted

Honestly I don't want to make any comment until I see the last part. However, I don't have a DOUBT that Tana it's a fake snake. You can see that when she "cries", there are no fucking tears in her eyes. And she always does that, cry. In the part when she hugs Shane and say "I'm sorry, I love you, I love you": that's just manipulative. 

Tana is the type of girl who believes just because she has a following and it's "cute" (let me question that...) can just cry and every problem will go away. My worry, is that Shane don't put the girl in her place. But we'll see.

Posted (edited)

Image result for big brother thinking gif

Okay...maybe you need to calm down a bit before the other video comes out because it seems you're jumping to conclusions a bit. 

1. I think when Shane says they're both "kids" I think he means from his point of view. Shane has done movies and many projects before he turned 29 so I think he understands that when you're in your early 20's projects can fall through like that. 

2. We all know how Tana can be towards certain things. People can't make up the fact that she is highly known to be irresponsible with time so it isn't too far-fetched to think she probably had a lot of demands and probably wanted them in time for the con . She herself said she was planning everything to the last detail such as the size of glitter and what color it was. In the first place, she wanted to do the con in the time that Vidcon was doing it and he asked to change it and she said she wanted it that date. He said himself that he's looking into suing the hotel for misinformation. It would look like this: 

> Tana wants the con the same day as VidCon 

> GoodTimes looks for a hotel for the same day 

> *allegedly* Said hotel says they can host 4,000 people 

> GoodTimes books it since there probably wouldn't be another venue like that in the first place for said date and location.

3. This is a business. He said he's done meet-ups with Magcon when they were popular. If you remember that, I don't think it was so far fetched to hold something like TanaCon. I'm sure he knew it would be a big investment and could also help them launch into other opportunities.  It's not a stupid idea. 

I'm not making a conclusion until the third video comes out because there are two sides of the story and we already got more information than what we got from other channels. 

Also, I feel like she USED vidcon to her advantage. Because if she had done Tanacon on the same weekend, but in a different location (not near vidcon), most of the YouTubers that she invited probably wouldn't have showed up because they just couldn't make it happen. I mean most of them were also featured creatures or had panels over at vidcon, and just walked across the street to get to Tanacon. Morgan said it herself in her video, no one paid for them to be there, Shane got everyone a really nice hotel room, and the other creators who were invited were staying in hotels that the staff at Viacom booked for them, and the plane tickets that Viacom purchased for them as well. If I were a creator, idk I would side eye the whole situation like "well, one, you're not even going to offer to get me a hotel room, two, you're asking for me to rush myself from convention to convention without considering my schedule which may not align with your schedule, and three you're not even thinking about the safety of other creators, or the safety of your and their fans visiting. Why the hell would you even think I would consider this?" 

I just don't really think Shane thought about that either. Like besides him and his friends, everyone else that was invited to be a guest at Tanacon was already attending Viacom. Which if that doesn't shout "I'm just doing this for revenge," I don't know what is. I think both Good Times and Tana are in the wrong, but I think Tana is just not going to take responsibility. 

And I like that Ryland was like done with Tana's shit too. He even said "Shane you can't just call this a conspiracy just because you talked to Tana on the phone. You need to actually hold her accountable for her actions, don't just defend her because you like her."

Edited by excuseme?

Posted

I love Shane but this whole thing is so stupid. His friend was fucking dumb to try and throw a con out of spite in a fucking hotel ballroom. 

Good Times probably wanted to hop on the bandwagon of Tanacon and got in over their heads. 

Tana trying to pin this all on GT like she had 0 control over the situation is ridiculous and she needs to be held accountable for being such a coward about this. Nobody tried to scam her. The Michael guy is weird but I don’t think he’d be able to get away with throwing a disaster of an event unscathed. 

Posted

Don't know who to believe. I don't trust Tana but at the same time I don't really trust Michael either. Feel like they both bit off more than they can chew. 

I love Shane but I was so annoyed when he said about Micheal "he is just a kid". So first of all NO ! He is a (young) adult ! 

That's not really a big deal. Micheal just looks really young. I'm younger than him and even I was shocked by how young he looked. 

Posted

IM S H O O K 
At 25:25 in Shane's video, tana says, "SIX MONTHS AGO, you stopped working on all their stuff to work on TANACON" 
what is even happening?? So they've been working on this for 6 whole months?
Tea. 

Posted (edited)

Okay sorry for the lengthy post but the budget for the con is super sketchy, here's a video that goes into depth about the price of hosting a venue at the Marriot 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZgxeX2dCnQ 

At the 6:20 mark it shows that the total price for hosting a con over a period of a few days is max $40000 and keep in mind this con is practically the same as tana con where they expected 5000 people to show up. The price of the goodie bags bags are $7 at the most when buying wholesale, so that's another $35k and then another $20000 can be added for any other factors such as security, entertainment ect;so that adds to $95k-$100k  for the total expense of the con. Now Micheal has been claiming that he invested 700k on this but i believe otherwise, there is no way in hell that this event cost more than half a million dollars.

Now if you factor in the benefit of the paid ticket price of $65 where about 4000 people had there and it adds to 325k. Apparently the ticket company are holding the funds but its an allegation from Mathew and i'm doubting his story. Thats a 225k gain for Micheal and tans but apparently he is "bankrupt". i don't know if they intended to scam people but this is the outcome and are now making themselves as victims when shit had hit the fan on social media.

Edited by pyuki
Grammar

Posted

Morgan has grown on me a lot the past few days. I like what she said about Tana only caring about numbers, very true. Also Ryland making that comment to Shane about not letting Tana off. You can feel the tension, it feels genuine, it's like everyone is so angry but trying to keep composed on camera.

Posted

I think all budgeting issues aside (which in itself is a really good point, if the estimates are indeed correct), I'm still more inclined to believe Michael. Like everyone else had said, we KNOW Tana exaggerates and lies, and would do it to save her own skin. She talks about how much she "loves" her fans but I think she just loves the attention they give her. (Off-topic, but why are there so many videos of her literally relishing in her fans chanting her name over and over? Kind of narcissistic, no?) When she said that everyone "knew" TanaCon was going to fail and were just too afraid of Michael to speak up, I think it just meant everyone knew Tana's demands were way too big and there was no way it was going to happen successfully. 

I really hope that Shane doesn't baby Tana in the third part. I don't think he's going to take a "side" but I really hope that he's able to grill her and expose all her exaggerations and lies for what they are. 

Posted

Okay sorry for the lengthy post but the budget for the con is super sketchy, here's a video that goes into depth about the price of hosting a venue at the Marriot 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZgxeX2dCnQ 

At the 6:20 mark it shows that the total price for hosting a con over a period of a few days is max $40000 and keep in mind this con is practically the same as tana con where they expected 5000 people to show up. The price of the goodie bags bags are $7 at the most when buying wholesale, so that's another $35k and then another $20000 can be added for any other factors such as security, entertainment ect;so that adds to $95k-$100k  for the total expense of the con. Now Micheal has been claiming that he invested 700k on this but i believe otherwise, there is no way in hell that this event cost more than half a million dollars.

Now if you factor in the benefit of the paid ticket price of $65 where about 4000 people had there and it adds to 325k. Apparently the ticket company are holding the funds but its an allegation from Mathew and i'm doubting his story. Thats a 225k gain for Micheal and tans but apparently he is "bankrupt". i don't know if they intended to scam people but this is the outcome and are now making themselves as victims when shit had hit the fan on social media.

That's Dashcon which was held in 2014, not in California. It's 2018, and it was held in California right across from VidCon. Prices usually go up for venues when there are big crowds coming in. So, no you can't use that video as a source. Actually, if you did use that video as a source, it would prove your statement more false as GoodTimes probably paid the hotel for extra days and since it failed, they probably didn't get the money back resulting in an extra loss. 

He says he is going bankrupt trying to fix this. I keep trying to say it wouldn't make any sense to draw a conclusion before the last video. He also had to pay his staff, pay for the videographer, the signs, the hotel, the security, the things that were inside (the music, the lights etc).  His management can't scam people if the tickets were 65 dollars, only 1,000 people got in, while the other 4,000 were left outside. The numbers Tana made up were false, we already know that. There are many other things that factor into a con, people had to take time off of work but I highly doubt they are making a 225k gain from this. That is actually so ridiculous. 

Everyone believes Micheal at this junctor because it makes the most sense. We have yet to see the last video but I highly doubt he would scam his own staff out of a paycheck. People are really bending their backs to make Tana seem like she was completely innocent, huh. 

Posted

I don't trust Shane or Tana. Therefore his damage control efforts for his ratchet hair extensioned buddy have no effect on me.