• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Shane Dawson

2574 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Gross eww just saw old screenshots of Shane sexualizing drew while he was a minor 

(i saw that too right now, i guess were following the same twitter account lol)

Edited by hfeuwh146

Posted

Corny is the name of his dog for anyone wondering.

kkkkkk.thumb.png.7f501b6114af014fcae58f5

DISGUSTING

Disgusted GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Posted

Corny is the name of his dog for anyone wondering.

kkkkkk.thumb.png.7f501b6114af014fcae58f5

DISGUSTING

Disgusted GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

We need to call animal control, maybe they'll put a muzzle on Shane.

Posted

Hello.

Please note that we have these rules:

7.  No derailing.

a. Excessive personal interjections and personal stories, unless in a general thread, are not allowed.

b. Be polite. Debate about a snowflake is encouraged, attacking another user is not ok. You can disagree with or criticize what other users say, but do not attack others.

14.  Don’t troll.

a. Being intolerant of other opinions is not acceptable. It is okay to debate, not to argue.

b. Do not make personal attacks against other members. We are a family. If you do this, you will no longer be welcome here.

c. Do not cause drama for the sake of upsetting other members.

d. Do not come to the board just to tell us we’re all terrible. Making a post like “YOU’RE ALL MEAN LEAVE THIS GIRL ALONE” will get you automatically banned.

e. Do not white knight.

The behavior in this thread is unacceptable. Whether someone is being annoying or not, do not attack each other with insults. We expect users to behave like civil adults. If you cannot get your point across without resorting to insults, then you don't belong here. 

Do not engage in in-fighting which only derails the thread. Just report and cite which rules you believe the user/post is violating. Take personal arguments to DM's.

All derailing comments have been hidden.

You may find the rules in their entirety here. Please review them.

Further violation of site rules will result in further warnings and potential bans.

Be civil. Follow the rules.

Thank you.

Posted

Oh, this is really incriminating. Considering the fact that Shane later gave Drew a part in his movie and also kept him around as a friend, despite their 7 year age difference, is really weird. And with the sexual nature of these "jokes", basically grooming. Fucking creep.

Posted

Also in April 2009, Miley Cyrus was only 16. Absolutely disgusting to talk about her body like that.

Posted

Also in April 2009, Miley Cyrus was only 16. Absolutely disgusting to talk about her body like that.

Thats why him a JS are so friendly? JS did the same to 16 yo Justin Bieber. Why do they think them being gay makes it less creepy???

Posted

I think one of the issues regarding him changing from his racist past is how people define racism in the first place. I think a lot of non-black people think that most racism against black people is very overt, like saying the n-word or doing blackface. They think "Oh! He hasn't done blackface in a few years. Look he's changed!" But most racism is more covert. (I am not black so I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries here but I think that most racism, if not all, is more overt to black people but non-black people think it's more covert since it doesn't directly affect us)

I can't trust that someone's truly changed from their racist past when they cozy up to people with similar issues like Jeffree Star. Why would you want to be associated with him if your racist past disgusts you and you're ashamed of it? It's so obvious that he hasn't changed much. 

Posted

Found the full video on twitter fucking gross

6877649A-6834-46AA-9A1D-56F2C33829D7.jpeg

Posted

A lot of the racial jokes were more... forgiven back in the day? As in, you could make a racist joke and get called out for it, but you weren’t looked at differently and it was considered crass/ignorant/insensitive, not a reflection of hidden racism I guess? At least, that’s how it felt back then. So I slightly get people saying times were different.

However, I have never ever seen anyone comfortable with jokes that exploited pedophilia. It was considered sacred ground. You could get away with misusing the word rape (ie “those NPCs raped my ass”). But pretending to creep on kids? I guess Pedo Bear was a thing for a hot minute but this is a joke Shane has made for years, and there is just no scenario in which that video in which he gave her “the sex talk,” mentions dick rings, etc... I get chills. Just vile. Timelessly vile. There is no time in modern history when that would’ve been acceptable. Tell me your stomach doesn’t get queasy when they talk like that in GoT.

I don’t think his racial insensitivity is forgivable (though understandable given that back then if you were privileged enough people didn’t draw that much attention to it sadly), but his casual fetid forays into pedophilic territory is foul and makes what he did to James Charles especially wicked.

He’s given me creeper vibes for many years so I’m lucky to have never been a fan. I hope those defending him are one day forced to gaze into the black hole that occupies their minds and souls.

Posted (edited)

I remember liking Shane as a 14/15 year old when he made sketches about things like Degrassi or Paris Hiltons reality tv show, but honestly even then a lot of people found his jokes gross. like the jokes about him commiting beastiality...and people were always like oh its a joke! But somehow it never sat well with me even back then lol. I have had many pets since the age of 3..I have never EVER made a beastiality joke. Even if you say ''well he didn't meant to be racist'' blabla bullshit, He has so much shady stuff about him, The disgusting jokes about having sex with his pets and peado content says more than enough about his personality.

Like these kind of jokes were never ever appropriate in society EVER, not even 50 years ago. I feel like his today 14 year old fans think that 14 years ago it was all acceptable to be a pedophile, joke about raping your cats and make fun of other races. it really wasn't. I remember a long time ago he also had a backlash on something related to asian people, but went something among the lines of well Kate is half asian( a former friend who he used to hang out with A LOT ) and she doesn't mind so it is cool. LOL WHAT. I think the only type of humor I can think about that you can blame it's time for was calling bad things ''gay'' which was a thing in I think the late 90s going onwards at least a decade, and was socially acceptable to use, I'd say it is still going to this day but no longer socially acceptable on tv/shows anymore. 

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I literally have no words at all. There are only so many ways I can reiterate that I hope his career is finished, and that he is never able to work with children or black women or even animals ever again. This isn't just a one time mistake that he can apologise and take accountability for, Shane Dawson is a SERIAL offender. He is on the same level as Jeffree Star; he is just as bad. If I ever see another 'Oh, he has anxiety, and he was abused as a child' ever again from a Shane stan, it will be too soon.

The lack of defense from J* on Shane's behalf is sad but not surprising at all. 

Posted

The amount of people willing to defend this pathetic human being is really shocking though. I've scrolled a bit through his twitter and there's so much 'i forgive u 🌸✨💗💕' 'cancel culture is toxic!1!!! let's spread love11!!!' I mean, how can you forgive all of this? how blind brainwashed are you? Every day people are digging up layers upon layers of disgusting content i can't even begin to fathom. He deserves nothing, can't believe he went on how poor he was when he literally build all he has on racist skits, pedophilia etc. Oh the hypocrisy of him accusing a teenager of being a sexual predator with no proof when he had all of that going on, i'm beyond disgusted and i really hope he and his friend J* get canceled for good