• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Shane Dawson

2734 posts in this topic

Posted

Never in my life did I expect to see Ryland's bare ass. 

Posted

I think he said in one of his old videos, that Ryland farts like this? But posting this on his sm...TMI.

Posted

Possible unpopular opinion but I like Shane. I don’t like everything he has done and I don’t justify those things. 

The thing he posted with Rylands behind was unexpected and just seemed really inappropriate and in poor taste. 

His makeup ‘obsession’: I am not sure I believe much of it. It just doesn’t seem to flow. I like the jokes he makes with it but that’s all it seems like to me is a joke. I can’t see him serious about it. 
I do enjoy his palette but it’s not if he set out on his own to make it. It started off as a joke as I can remember in the video series. 

I really hated the series of making people look good who IMO the internet hated for justified reasons. I can’t stand Jake/Logan Paul and I also cannot stand Tana Mongoose. Outside of the “documentary’s” I cannot stand Ryland, Morgan, Garrett, or Trish. Ryland is obnoxious and is a mooch IMO. Garrett try’s way to hard to be funny and has been yelled at one camera for it ( I.e when he put the untested makeup on his face in the Jeffree Series) and every single thing about Trish makes me sick. She promotes body positivity but is all plastic.. her laugh scratches at my eardrum... her personality is too over the top and she’s just starving for attention and to stay relevant . 

I personally like the dark jokes and making fun of self Humor because thats what I do as well. It can get excessive at times and the poor thing gets at me. Once or twice around Jeffree is okay since his income is nothing compared to Jeffree’s but... I can’t afford a G Wagon, Gucci Clothing and a crazy nice home like he can. So...  :alpacamad:

I don’t think Shane should have won the award as his I wouldn’t call a “documentary” as it isn’t set up that way. I’m sure he worked hard on it but....:notimp:

Also, I am not a DIE hard fan... I’m not in high school or follow fan pages.. I’m only a couple years younger than him and have been watching him since the beginning (I stopped during the Liz period and started up after) .I would never buy Merch for any celebrity or youtuber... I also don’t believe in everything they say and do.

I’m Sorry for the long rant. I’m a long time lurker and I have no one to talk to about this stuff except my husband who may be getting annoyed LOL. I am not coming on her to defend him just have always wanted to say my thoughts. Sorry about the format too. I’m on mobile

Posted

This was on a Youtube video of an upload of Eugenia Cooney's twitch stream:

cropped.png

Posted

THANK YOU. Morgan is so overrated. There are hundreds of "tomboyish" "relatable" girls on YouTube 1000x more interesting then her. Literally nobody would care about her if it wasn't for her connection to Shane. She has never said anything worthwhile, she isn't talented, she isn't super pretty, there is nothing about her that stands out in any way. Nepotism at it's finest. 

OMGGG FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES! Literally I seriously dislike Ryland's sister. I kept seeing positive comments about her when all tf she does is leech off shane's fame and she thinks its funny and cool how she admits she's a failure and loser in life. Like gurl no, ur pathetic. You don't do anything but smooch off ur connections. 

Posted

OMGGG FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES! Literally I seriously dislike Ryland's sister. I kept seeing positive comments about her when all tf she does is leech off shane's fame and she thinks its funny and cool how she admits she's a failure and loser in life. Like gurl no, ur pathetic. You don't do anything but smooch off ur connections. 

She doesn't put anything out there or have any postive effect. Mostly high school girls like Shane, Ryland, etc. I can't stand them at all and I've been a fan since his glory days. Anyone that looks up to Shane or Jeffree, I don't understand why you would. I don't find them positive influences fot anyone. 

Posted

She doesn't put anything out there or have any postive effect. Mostly high school girls like Shane, Ryland, etc. I can't stand them at all and I've been a fan since his glory days. Anyone that looks up to Shane or Jeffree, I don't understand why you would. I don't find them positive influences fot anyone. 

I agree. Yeah I liked him back when I was literally starting middle school too. However, those "RELATABLE" to shane days are long over for me, like lmao clearly Shane's not really a good influence to all those young kids either other than the fact that he can be somewhat funny. I used to really like Shane, but now that I’m older I can see a lot of red flags that I ignored back then. Shane will have his fan base attack and go after anybody, but when someone calls him out for it, they’re being a hater. People see him as a person who can literally do no wrong and it’s disturbing.

There are so many red flags! over time I have realized there’s a lot more to him than we see. Shane has a very sweet disposition, and it’s deceiving at times. It’s obvious he has a tendency to use people for his own gain. The people around him, like Jeffree, are the same way. He jokes about his mental health issues so much that to his audience they aren’t taken that seriously at times. It’s obviously he struggles quite a lot. I think he really just needs a break from YouTube and social media in general because it exacerbates a very narcissistic side of him. I don’t think he’s some horrid guy honestly I just think he’s in a community of people that bring out the worst in him.

Also not to mention ALL OF SHANE'S friends are actually such toxic people. Jeffree star, Trisha Paytas, Tana mongeau, Jake Paul, yet he makes these documentaries defending all these people to make them look better when in reality they’re all manipulative and use their fan base to attack anyone who doesnt align with their views.

conclusion? he's just fucked up. idk if he realizes this side of him or not though. he either does and keeps playing dumb or he's just a master manipulator. 

Posted

I agree. Yeah I liked him back when I was literally starting middle school too. However, those "RELATABLE" to shane days are long over for me, like lmao clearly Shane's not really a good influence to all those young kids either other than the fact that he can be somewhat funny. I used to really like Shane, but now that I’m older I can see a lot of red flags that I ignored back then. Shane will have his fan base attack and go after anybody, but when someone calls him out for it, they’re being a hater. People see him as a person who can literally do no wrong and it’s disturbing.

There are so many red flags! over time I have realized there’s a lot more to him than we see. Shane has a very sweet disposition, and it’s deceiving at times. It’s obvious he has a tendency to use people for his own gain. The people around him, like Jeffree, are the same way. He jokes about his mental health issues so much that to his audience they aren’t taken that seriously at times. It’s obviously he struggles quite a lot. I think he really just needs a break from YouTube and social media in general because it exacerbates a very narcissistic side of him. I don’t think he’s some horrid guy honestly I just think he’s in a community of people that bring out the worst in him.

Also not to mention ALL OF SHANE'S friends are actually such toxic people. Jeffree star, Trisha Paytas, Tana mongeau, Jake Paul, yet he makes these documentaries defending all these people to make them look better when in reality they’re all manipulative and use their fan base to attack anyone who doesnt align with their views.

conclusion? he's just fucked up. idk if he realizes this side of him or not though. he either does and keeps playing dumb or he's just a master manipulator. 

If I were asked to the name the worst of Shane's friends it would be between Jake, Tana, and Jeffree Starr. I remember seeing my friend's friend's retweet about his break up with Nate, does anyone have any integrity or sense of privacy anymore? He's juiced it so much it's as dry as Egypt. That's what I don't understand about online personalities, putting it all online. I understand yeah I want tod share my life with my audience, but what if it's not a good idea. Also the whole makeup with Shane situation that I don't understand nor want to understand. Tana and Jake are young and very stupid. I'm almost as old as Jake, very disappointing. 

Posted

Do you guys remember how back in the day, Shane would change a thumbnail and the name of a video to bait you into clicking again?

Posted

Do you guys remember how back in the day, Shane would change a thumbnail and the name of a video to bait you into clicking again?

Lots of Youtubers still do that. It’s annoyingly shady. But I guess if you rely on views for $$$ you’re going to do anything.

Posted

Lots of Youtubers still do that. It’s annoyingly shady. But I guess if you rely on views for $$$ you’re going to do anything.

I only ever saw Shane doing that, and back in the day and Im talking food videos shane back in the day, is what made me stop watching his videos. I just wanted to confirm with you guys that I am not the only one remembering it.

Posted

He'd do it with with his then girlfriend at the time too, and also I remember his with the toy videos and stuff like to the a bit newer stuff. Also with his skits too.

Posted

what do y'all think of the morgan trish thing? i dont usually have a problem with morgan but i rlly think she shouldnt have posted that vid (or AT LEAST put a lil disclaimer in the beginning if she didnt wanna waste the footage that damn bad yknow) and then that apology??? u would barely know what she was apologizing FOR and LITERALLY NOBODY was mad about the not social distancing thing like cmon now

Posted

I have a feeling this won’t be very good. Didn’t Shane produce a comedy movie before and it failed? I mean his conspiracy videos are interesting but it takes a lot of thought to develop a decent horror movie 

1D0488D2-E187-4F72-A929-EDC680AE51B6.png

Posted

I have a feeling this won’t be very good. Didn’t Shane produce a comedy movie before and it failed? I mean his conspiracy videos are interesting but it takes a lot of thought to develop a decent horror movie 

1D0488D2-E187-4F72-A929-EDC680AE51B6.png

His comedy movie was downright offensive. Jokes that were immature and in very very poor taste. I just can’t imagine what sort of horror movie will come out of this depressed and disturbed man. Hopefully he’ll (unlike the last time he made a film) take some sort of constructive criticism.