• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

1968 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thoughts about Part 3 (EDIT: Long post in the spoiler): 

I think we have to remember that the series takes place earlier this year, so it makes sense that they'd cover events that happened in the past. That being said, like most people, I really wish it was more about the making of the palette/collection itself. It would still make the series interesting if they decided to skip on the old events here and there and replace it with information about the industry that we didn't know like in Part 2. 

I think the back and forth was a bit excessive. Like I still followed it...kinda. They were essentially trying to show how one minute, they're having a great moment making the collection and how fast that happiness can change because of a scandal or another largely negative event. I just wish it was executed a little cleaner. 

I think Shane skipped out on making this episode drama filled like he promised in the previews in Prt 2 because of Diamond and now Daddy's passing, hence the more sentimental footage and dedication at the end. (Shane does edit as he goes along, so Daddy passing probably caused for some changes, which is fair).

Shane did apologize about the cat joke, didn't he? Or did I miss that. Please inform me. I think that if he wants to get thicker skin about controversy and not let it beat him down to a depressive state, that's fine...where it gets questionable to me is when he says he's glad it teaches him to be more like Jeffree. Jeffree doesn't handle controversy in a healthy way either. He should definitely take pointers from someone else. I don't think he even has a PR person for these kinds of things (I could be wrong), which if he doesn't, of course it weighs down even more because he's essentially handling it on his own. He probably really should hire one if it stresses him out. Their literal job description is how to handle relations with the public. I'm not saying Shane should use one that will just sweep things under the rug, but one that could help with his anxiety and help him articulate that he's truly sorry. 

I actually liked the color story of the palette. Will I buy It? I feel uncomfortable purchasing from Jeffree and Shane so most likely not. Especially since some of those shades are named after problematic people. I get they're Shane's friends and I guess this is a good tactic for fans of them to look at Shane's palette but still. Not a good look. He might as well have put in a shade for Jake Paul or his horrible character Shanaynay. 

Overall, Part 3 wasn't a dud to me but I wish it had more footage of the collection making. 

This series in general kind of reminds me that I wish I could like the two of them in a weird way? Like when they are just chilling and having a laugh, I have a flicker of, "Hm they're not so bad," but then I remember the things about them that really tick me off and how Jeffree is still abhorrent to people and fans sometimes and I just absolutely can't be a fan.

I do sympathize about the passing of Daddy and Diamond. May they rest. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

A lot of my friends are shane stans and absolutely live for this series, and boy am I glad there are people here who, like me, don't even find it interesting so far. Only episode 2 was really interesting. Like some people here say it just reads like a massive commercial for Shane and a form of manipulation--making the customer feel bad for him so they buy the products. I wish theyd just let the product quality speak for itself and not all these theatrics.

Posted

maybe unpopular opinion but I love the shades and pig mirror/shirt.

Posted (edited)

meh, the tragedy of bobby is not Shane's fault. Bobby switched his content too abruptly, he managed to alienate all his fans. 

Anywho, I dont really watch the new docu series, i skip through it and be done with it. It's a glorified ad for his palette, and I'm uninterested. 

Edited by Diana Burnwood

Posted

meh, the tragedy of bobby is not Shane's fault. Bobby switched his content too abruptly, he managed to alienate all his fans. 

Plus Bobby is two faced as hell. One minute he goes to not liking Shane then he meets the guy in person and is all, "I'm actually a huge fan" like gtfo with that shit. 

And I think Shane's fans hated Bobby's sunday segment. Bobby basically shot himself in the foot 100 times. 

Posted

maybe unpopular opinion but I love the shades and pig mirror/shirt.

ngl I've always been able to pass up on Jeffree's stuff even when I need something similar to what he's made added into my collection (ex: i need more red shadows so Blood Sugar would be perfect) but I will admit, the shades they've came up with and some of the merch is really peaking my interest. still won't give money to either of them myself though.

there was a brief moment in the trailer Shane was wearing a really cute pig backpack with the same design as the mirror/shirt and that's going to be the hardest thing to pass up on lol

Posted

Why do I have a hard time believing he DIDN'T fuck his cat?

Posted

Why do I have a hard time believing he DIDN'T fuck his cat?

tbh i think he's right i dont think its possible to,,, literally fuck a cat lol. but if he actually did anything sexual w his cat i wouldnt be surprised at all

Posted

tbh i think he's right i dont think its possible to,,, literally fuck a cat lol. but if he actually did anything sexual w his cat i wouldnt be surprised at all

wasn't the joke that he sorta just... did inappropriate things to it.  if he literally fucked it, it would be probably dead or seriously injured by now.

but yeah what he said was a little too specific and vivid for me to believe it was just a joke.

He's not helping the 'gays fuck animals' stereotype tho.

Posted (edited)

Didn't he say in the video that he humped in between his cats "chicken legs"  he said he didn't penatrate. It didn't sound like a joke, to me it sounded like a drunken confession lmao.

Edited by Sparklefist

Posted

What was the context of the cat joke? What kind of conversation did he have that led up to that "joke"? Because he said it in a podcast, right? 
If he just dropped it out of nowhere it would be pretty sus imo

Posted (edited)

I was reading the comments from the video that @Fairyduster linked on to here and I saw this one talking about how Shane went out of his way to do damage control for Tana, Jake, and Jeffree yet didn't do shit for Bobby. 

I know what I said before about Bobby doing this to himself, yet so did the three others I mentioned. He didn't even try to help him out with damage control which makes me confused about the whole Shane/Bobby situation. 

About the cat: I'm confused too because how did it even lead up to that "joke?" I don't think that's something you just blurt out(unless you were confessing something) so what's the context? 

Edited by Antsu

Posted (edited)

I was reading the comments from the video that @Fairyduster linked on to here and I saw this one talking about how Shane went out of his way to do damage control for Tana, Jake, and Jeffree yet didn't do shit for Bobby. 

I know what I said before about Bobby doing this to himself, yet so did the three others I mentioned. He didn't even try to help him out with damage control which makes me confused about the whole Shane/Bobby situation. 

About the cat: I'm confused too because how did it even lead up to that "joke?" I don't think that's something you just blurt out(unless you were confessing something) so what's the context? 

yeah I'm still trying to fill the blanks on that even now. I know Shane insists on the fact that there's no "tea" about it for any reason and Bobby hasn't talked badly about Shane since (correct me if im wrong). This was before he started making 'official' docuseries a main channel component so it wouldn't be too wild a reach to think that guilty conscience over Bobby's burnout was maybe a partial motivation to him developing this role of damage control. Tana and Jake are the same age as Bobby after all. (Not defending Shane bc he really should have been more outspoken about the ordeal to make his fans ease up on Bobby)

I still never found the context that led up to shane making the cat 'joke' because people were only spreading that one bit, but it's episode 48 according to the viral clip; he didn't literally fuck the cat but the way he described humping on the stomach was too serious and detailed for his cohosts to think it was a joke until he said so at the end... I can see why people might find it hard to believe he DIDN'T do something sexual with a cat at one point. Plus there's a clip of him doing a weird kissing bit with a dog at a party so

Edited by Junko Enoshima

Posted

Probably just me, and my bit cynical view on Shane and his friendship with Jeffree, and because I did observe these 2 for a while

But anyone think the reason Shane acts so amazed and floored by everything Jeff shows is because he is scared of what Jeff might reveal to the public if there is a fallout happening between them? I mean, this happened to James too after Jeff sorta makes his merch no?

Shane and Jeff hang out cause almost nobody wants to be associated with Jeff personally after James drama

(Jeffree is never loyal with any of his Ytube friends, my theory is his old friends have so much grip of secrets on him compare to his new ones, he makes fun of Shayla back then for being a *mean girls*, but really, we all know Jeff is those in high school that ask instantly what's a good dirt on their new friends *the text that his stylist shows and how he wants to make his friends go againts each other and during the Nikkietutorials x Too Faced drama, jeff claims he has dirt on everybody* except he never grows out of it)

Posted

This is just a personal pet peeve. 
But they spent so much time and effort on that "documentary" that I'm kinda pissed off that they didn't hire someone for the subtitles? Like, you spent so much time on it, just hire someone who can transcribe the parts for those who are deaf or need subtitles. You can afford it and even if you couldn't let someone on your team do it.It just seems so weird that they portray this as a serious thing and not just some vlog but then not have subs.
But yeah, personal pet peeve since 1) I'm not a native speaker and 2) I have auditory processing issues due to my nld.