• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Shane Dawson

2734 posts in this topic

Posted

- his whole speech about how he's not rich and isn't on the forbes list,,,, just because he's not next to logan paul or lilly singh doesn't mean he's not making bank and everyone knows it. that episode was uploaded less than 24hrs ago and it already has millions of vids, his ad revenue is insane. 

LOL yeah this was real cute. like seriously shane.... look at your damn house and leisure golf-cart and then try to come back and complain about how poor/how much in debt you are... 

like i know he came from humble beginnings, but boy is losing touch with reality. as much as jeffree makes me wanna gag, i respect that he will NEVER deny how filthy stinking rich he is and he doesn't use the "coming from nothing" excuse to justify how he thinks about money like shane does. like j* came from nothing, now he has money and he fuckin spends it and that's that. shane came from nothing, now he has money and when he spends it he pretends like it's gonna put him into crippling debt. ¬¬

Posted

The stupid thing is that shane has so much more opportunity than most people, hell even youtubers. He’s been popular since the beginning of youtube, he has an extremely dedicated fan base, and he generally makes content that people like to watch. But shane doesn’t use any of this. Shane is rich, but if he’s so poor then he’s dumb because if he made more videos he’d be even richer than he is right now. A poor person wouldn’t say no to an opportunity to easily get a million dollars. I don’t even agree that he’s like this because he grew up poor, I grew up poor and now that I live with remarried parents and have a minimum wage job that isn’t even enough to live on I don’t feel poor. I’m not poor anymore but I don’t have any where near the amount of money that shane has. If he wants to feel richer then he should ditch his spoiled fiance 

I don’t even like shane, and I doubt he still thinks he’s poor, but even if he did, people process things differently. Just bcus you don’t think you’re still poor, doesn’t mean someone else won’t. It’s like how when some fat people lose weight, they still view themselves as that fat person. But still....there are those who don’t.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

Shane kind of remind me of the "how do you do, fellow kids?" meme. He is trying to desperately connect with his audience by being #relatable, and now that tumblr is pretty much dead he doesn't have easy access to what's the current trend in the "omg me" sphere. But what everyone DO know is always going on in the minds of young adults: FUCKING DEBT, BILLS, LIVING FROM PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK so he is creating a persona around that. 
While it is annoying, I guess it works in some ways. Who doesn't like a good underdog story? Who doesn't want to see the disheveled little bottle-peeing man succeed on the world wide web? 

Sounds so far that this series is basically going to be Shane going pikachu meme face over J* breathing

Edited by boopa

Posted (edited)

I don't think comparing going from rags to riches and fat to skinny is the best comparison tbh. Doesn't make much logical sense. 

But how? Once you’re something for a long time and especially if that thing influenced how you thought about yourself, if the situation changes, you can still have the mindset you had. But it’s not even a big deal cuz I’m not defending him nor am I saying that he still thinks he’s poor. 

Edited by jaybird

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted

I might be wrong but I remember him talking about how his (older) conspiracy videos at the beginning barely made any revenue because of the topics he chose to talk about. I think that’s why he isn’t up there in the Forbes list BUT I can definitely see him profiting more at the end of the year because of how well his docuseries have done. 

Posted

He's saying he's poor because every youtuber in his level are earning more than him so he just joked about it I mean I thought it was a joke because you can clearly see his wealth just by looking at his house.but he's exaggerating every single thing and it's boring at this point.I thought self pity humor is already dead.danisnotonfire was also doing this kinda humor but since shane is much older it's just cringey,he should be someone his audience look up to but instead he's trying to relate to teens.

Posted

The point isn't that people don't know it's a joke, the point is that it's extremely annoying. The last house he stayed in was almost a million-dollar house but he'll keep beating this dead horse for his tween audience. He mostly does this with Jeffree to be relatable but like other's said, his pandering to be relatable is getting old. It's a bit patronizing as well. 

The only things he jokes about are usually to put down himself but this also gives his stans ammunition towards criticism thrown at him.  

Posted

sounds to me like shane never learned money management tbh.  i can def. see him being homeless in about 20 years or however long it takes for youtube to go under.

Posted

I actaully liked it :haiplz:. I know Jeffree is this and that and Shane has some flaws too, but I am really curious about this whole thing. 

im really interested to see the business side of selling makeup and what goes into it bc i assume they're gonna include that?? after all jeffree is all about keeping it real you guise

Posted (edited)

I can see why Shane dramatically said goodbye to Ryland. He said that the happier his life is the more afraid he is to die, which is completely understandable. He feels he has more to lose. When he was more depressed and feeling like he would be better off deceased, of course he wouldn't feel as nervous. He said that. Now that he has a fiance, and fans, and countless other blessings, he's way more nervous about flying. I think that part is really normal. A lot of people are afraid to fly regardless. 

Now, I do have a theory though. It's no secret that the influencer world can be pretty darn calculated, especially with Jeffree involved. The show has 9 parts. If each part is premiered weekly then the last part should premier somewhere around December-ish, aka, holiday season. And since we know Shane is coming out with a palette collab, what better time to reveal it than after a docu series that everyone is talking about AND right in time for the holidays? The marketing makes sense if that's what they're doing. I'm calling it now. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the strategy. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

What was this last video even about? I'm really interested in the entire business thing, don't get me wrong, but this one was just an entire video about private jets, security guards and tracksuits more than anything. We get it, Jeffree is rich and Shane is fat and "rich but not that rich".

I feel he's getting lazy with video content like in life (a golf car to go around your backyard?! c'mon!!)

Posted

in the new video jeffree said that shane's palette could sell as much as blood sugar or even oversell (which i believe bc jeffree knows what hes talking about) and shane will get like $5 million for personal profit...... i'd like to see him complain about being poor after that

Posted (edited)

damn ok i gotta give credit where it's due, ep 2 was great. actually diving into the process of making his collection is really cool.... and i'm sure this series is gonna end with a craaaazy line drop at the end of it. i know they were "joking" but tbh i would not be surprised if shane actually retires/takes an absurdly long break after raking in all that cash cuz you know this thing is gonna sell out instantly lol

Edited by sylveon