• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Shane Dawson

2687 posts in this topic

Posted

I was on gamefaqs and some random article decided to "borrow" this photo for a story that literally has nothing to do with Shane, Ryland, or Morgan. 

Capture+_2019-09-03-22-04-49.png

LOL WHATTTTT

that's hilarious omg

Posted

Okay so I have been a fan of Shane for years, since around the beginning and no matter what I have always loved him, his genuine personality and humor, but I just watched a video on his fiances(?) channel and while ryland is cooking there's a part around 17:42 in the video where Andrew is talking about how he deals with stress and Shane seems to brush him off like it's really weird how he copes. I know Shane can be over the top on ryland's videos so I'm hoping this is just part of the 'act' he puts on but it made me actually upset with him for Andrew.

Here's the video

Posted

Okay so I have been a fan of Shane for years, since around the beginning and no matter what I have always loved him, his genuine personality and humor, but I just watched a video on his fiances(?) channel and while ryland is cooking there's a part around 17:42 in the video where Andrew is talking about how he deals with stress and Shane seems to brush him off like it's really weird how he copes. I know Shane can be over the top on ryland's videos so I'm hoping this is just part of the 'act' he puts on but it made me actually upset with him for Andrew.

Here's the video

I’m pretty sure Shane is the type of person who likes to tease his friends and like you said he can be over the top in videos. I don’t think he meant anything bad by it but I do agree with you that it wasn’t the best time for a joke. I felt a bit bad for Andrew because he was being serious about it and he looked a little sad. 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywVlyogLYM

New Documentary and tbh I'm not as excited for this one than his other ones?

It might just be me.

Like in the last few minutes of the video, he's bringing back the whole Tati and James drama and honestly I don't know why he needs to be involved in that? Like it's already passed on and doesn't need to brought back again lmao. 

Oh well, I'll only judge it when the actual video comes out.

Posted

It might just be me.

Like in the last few minutes of the video, he's bringing back the whole Tati and James drama and honestly I don't know why he needs to be involved in that? Like it's already passed on and doesn't need to brought back again lmao. 

Yeah same but what’s the point of making another documentary for Jeffree Star Tbh? I kind of find it pointless

Posted (edited)

this is redundant af considering we already got a multi-parter on jeffree. and of course the comment section is going wild just bc "shane is a creative genius"... like don't let him fool you just cuz of his dramatic jump cuts set to emo music, the trailer tells us jack shit about what the documentary's even about 9_9

Edited by sylveon

Posted

It's kind of cool IMO that he's branching out to something else. I could see a purpose into a second Jeffree doc if it were more about the collaboration process rather than just Jeffree himself.

It really feels like he wants to talk about two different things though because there were a lot of personal clips in there that made me go ???. Half of those clips have nothing to do with Jeffree OR the process of collaborating on beauty products, so what's the point? Maybe I'm nitpicking, but including clips that aren't really relevant just makes the whole trailer look like an indie movie that's trying too hard.

Posted

I really liked shane’s first series on Jeffrey but at this point I think he must be in love with Jeffrey star or something. He seems to like him more than his own fiancé. 

Honestly I think this thread should be called “Shane Dawson and friends” because he’s featured in a lot of his friends’ videos and they’re pretty problematic too, I mean look at Shane, ryland and morgan’s thread on gurugossiper lol. The people over there have really shown me a different side to these people (except Garrett I love him lol)

Posted

im not excited for this new video at all. it wouldnt suprise me if jeffree paid shane millions just to brush up his image. with the last shane jeffree series his make up sold out in the netherlands... its going to be another super biased video and teenage girls are going to eat it up because shane is such a soft boi uwu and he is so poor :(

Posted (edited)

It might just be me.

Maybe this whole new video is more on about Jeffree's daily life? But we already got the gist of that from his first series about Jeffree, I think? I honestly feel like Shane is so in love with the idea of being a "close friend" of Jeffree's, because he gets to be around someone boujee and popular. I don't know if it's just me but the level of genuine curiosity he has towards Jeffree, I didn't feel that in his video with Eugenia. :alpacafedup: And I don't know what it's like to be a content creator on youtube, but it's just not sitting right with me whenever Shane argues "I WORKED SOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD ON THIS", when (I noticed) all he does is go to ppl's homes, ask them personal questions, take videos and edit them like it's a horror movie with a lot of cuts, weird sounds and a crap ton clips of him going "OH MY GOD" at the most trivial things.

SS_011.JPG

This picture keeps getting added, it won't get removed. Lol.

70835380_379681512729236_3106242256818929664_n.jpg

Edited by Ube

Posted

I have a theory and a few thoughts about this new series. First of all I think the trailer was very vague and didn’t really disclose much of what the series is supposed to be. I do wish it was more direct but it seems like Shane is the type to “tease” his content rather than spilling everything at once. I don’t think this series is going to be similar to the last Jeffree series. I think he titled it the beautiful world of Jeffree Star as a play on words due to the ugly side of the beauty community. That being said I really hope he digs deep in this series as his last series’ were very subpar IMO. I think if he chooses to focus on the inner workings of the beauty community and the drama of it all that will be interesting but if it’s all about Jeffree and how he creates his brand I’d be disappointed.

Another thing is that I understand that he’s close with Jeffree but I feel like if you’re going to make a documentary it’s not right to go into it being so biased which he clearly is. Like how he’s said in videos that he’s not calling anything Jeffree does disgusting and how he’s asked Jeffree about beauty influencers and if he should like them or not? Like how does that work? 

Also I have no idea how long editing/filming takes but if Shane posts less than one video a week I’m suing lol 

Posted

Part of it is going to be about his makeup line, you know the pig-themed one. I must say, I feel like Shane needs to stop identifying with the whole "pig" thing. It obviously started a self-depreciation joke but now it's becoming more than that.  We all know Shane suffers from body issues and creating a whole identity around your pain can be really troubling. 

Also, I hope they discuss the nasty and manipulative shit Jeffree said to James during the whole "Bye Sister" but I doubt it since we all know that they've changed the narrative a few time over the...9 month...period. 

Posted

Some things I noted after watching the trailer:
-I find it absolutely crazy that this is going to be a 9 part series. That just screams that it's just to keep the drama train going. Not to mention, a lot of people were already speculating that some of the Jeffree/Tati/James drama was created for a potential Shane documentary and this pretty much confirms it imo. I know it's not all about that period, but still. 

-Rich Lux in the series just adds another layer to the bias. 

-The music choice was definitely on purpose to garner sympathy and of course with the added shots of people crying. I will say, I understood that Diamond passed during this time so it made sense why Jeffree was shown emotional at some points, but Shane crying while watching Tati's "Bye Sister" video? I didn't understand that. It has nothing to do with Shane and wasn't even targeted towards his friend Jeffree. 

-The trailer was almost too long for me. It just seemed to drag on and some clips weren't needed. I feel like if anything, the series will probably also be a drag. I'm still gonna watch it cause I'm curious, but I doubt anything extremely new will be brought to the table. 

Posted (edited)

(wow jeffree looks hella old without makeup lol)

isn't it kinda weird that almost everyone, even beyond the beauty community, hates jeffree or the very least doesn't like him?? like, he either has beef w people or is trying to start beef. i feel like a big part of why he's still relevant is because he's friends w "the father of youtube" who's doing a second documentary on why jeffree star is an innocent angel

Edited by moonlight42