• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Shane Dawson

1561 posts in this topic

Posted

I can’t imagine how these topics arise with him wanting to make hour long videos of him discussing someone else’s personal problems. “Hey. I’m totally empathetic and I feel for you!! Can we film a video about this?” 

I remember his video on Brittany’s stalker/ex-husband who tried to kidnap her son and she repeatedly did not want to open up and said she did not and was not allowed to show his face. And guess who put his face at the end of the video? The editing was horrendous because it would jump from her crying to scenes of Ryan’s sister playing with a voice changer laughing super hard.. Honestly I think Shane fans only love his documentaries because they’re long ass videos with Shane in it and they get to stick their noses into drama just like him

Posted

I can’t imagine how these topics arise with him wanting to make hour long videos of him discussing someone else’s personal problems. “Hey. I’m totally empathetic and I feel for you!! Can we film a video about this?” 

I remember his video on Brittany’s stalker/ex-husband who tried to kidnap her son and she repeatedly did not want to open up and said she did not and was not allowed to show his face. And guess who put his face at the end of the video? The editing was horrendous because it would jump from her crying to scenes of Ryan’s sister playing with a voice changer laughing super hard.. Honestly I think Shane fans only love his documentaries because they’re long ass videos with Shane in it and they get to stick their noses into drama just like him

oh god I wanted to forget that one so hard. Here is this woman discussing something nobody should ever have to go through and that is obviously still painful to talk about, and Shane (and his team) think it's okay to play clips from that in between joke-y, lighthearted clips. Also iirc he put it into a conspiracy video? Even though the real abuse and trauma someone went through is not at all a conspiracy theory. Ugh.

Posted

oh god I wanted to forget that one so hard. Here is this woman discussing something nobody should ever have to go through and that is obviously still painful to talk about, and Shane (and his team) think it's okay to play clips from that in between joke-y, lighthearted clips. Also iirc he put it into a conspiracy video? Even though the real abuse and trauma someone went through is not at all a conspiracy theory. Ugh.

yeah wow i really had that memory tucked away somewhere. ''hey whatssup you guys yes lets talk about trauma and human trafficking! Also PIZZA not same pizza?? huuuuuh?

Posted

yeah wow i really had that memory tucked away somewhere. ''hey whatssup you guys yes lets talk about trauma and human trafficking! Also PIZZA not same pizza?? huuuuuh?

OT, but the chuck e cheese pizza thing especially the aftermath annoyed me. Everyone acted like it was a huge surprise when everyone knows shit like that varies by location. If you go to a restaurant chain, one location is shit and another location can be good. 

Posted

Combining the Chuck-E-Cheese pizza thing with Brittany's very serious and dark story about human trafficking was so fucking disrespectful. Like Shane, she's your friend!!! And you can't even bother to make a video solely dedicated to her situation, you had to put in some bullshit about pizza in there to maximize your views? Beyond disrespectful, shallow and just plain fucking rude.

I had completely forgotten about that video too lmao just remembering it makes me so angry.

Posted

I believe someone combined all of Britanni's scenes into one video so anyone interested in her story can just watch her and not have to get interrupted by pizza and voice changers. 

Posted (edited)

Found this video, not sure if anyone knows about this. The impersonation of Shane seNT ME.

"Oh my god, hi. I'm poor, give me money."

"God, I wish I used deodorant."

"Hi guys, I'm Shane. I'm poor."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6lLC0h78Y

tenor (1).gif

Edited by Ube

Posted

I used to like Shane a lot, but he needs to fix himself before even trying to film these type of videos. 

Posted

I remember his video on Brittany’s stalker/ex-husband who tried to kidnap her son and she repeatedly did not want to open up and said she did not and was not allowed to show his face. And guess who put his face at the end of the video? 

Also, the ex was supposedly a higher-up in some organized crime syndicate in a country in Europe. Brittany explicitly said that the authorities warned her that this man was a possibly dangerous person, and to expose them like that is honestly putting Brittany and her son in danger if that is the case.

Posted

I feel like Shane is just pushing the limits of how much assholery he can do on camera without his audience noticing or caring lol. 

Also, the ex was supposedly a higher-up in some organized crime syndicate in a country in Europe. Brittany explicitly said that the authorities warned her that this man was a possibly dangerous person, and to expose them like that is honestly putting Brittany and her son in danger if that is the case.

Shit like this rarely get's brought up but if it does, it get's excused away with his "i'm aN EmPaTh, I only mean well" by his fans. 

Posted (edited)

Glad that not all commentary channels are blind to Shane. It hasn't been bombarded with dislikes from his fans so it's a good start.

I also find his docuseries that he makes pretty distasteful, Eugenia's especially.

Would've thought that the Eugenia one could've been better since he also struggles with ED but he transformed it into "TEEHEE GUYS THIS RECOVERY IS SO SUNSHINE AND FLOWERS" like how can you fail at something you're supposed to be familiar with? I know that maybe the lawyer probably told him what to include and what to not but honestly I rather not release the video at all if it's gonna be misleading rather than putting it up for profit.

But hey, it's Shane with his OMG faces that needs to put in his videos once in a while.

Edited by MiiSan

Posted (edited)

Glad that not all commentary channels are blind to Shane. It hasn't been bombarded with dislikes from his fans so it's a good start.

I also find his docuseries that he makes pretty distasteful, Eugenia's especially.

Would've thought that the Eugenia one could've been better since he also struggles with ED but he transformed it into "TEEHEE GUYS THIS RECOVERY IS SO SUNSHINE AND FLOWERS" like how can you fail at something you're supposed to be familiar with? I know that maybe the lawyer probably told him what to include and what to not but honestly I rather not release the video at all if it's gonna be misleading rather than putting it up for profit.

But hey, it's Shane with his OMG faces that needs to put in his videos once in a while.

syren is a bit iffy herself (ive posted dirt on her in the past here and there but since decided shes not really threadworthy so much as shes just a sad trainwreck), but imma have agree with her here. 

unfortunately, no matter how many views this has there will always be more shane asshole-suckers on youtube. the problem is that even people who think shane is in the wrong will sugarcoat criticism of him (out of fear or denial that their sweet martyr can do no wrong). the same way they did with the jake paul and tana videos. its always 'oh i dont agree but i know shane means well--'

no. he doesnt. im sorry, he doesnt. he makes these videos for profit. nothing more, nothing less. in jake and tanas case, those are just glorified collab videos. and a bit of damage control on tanas part. in euginias case its him rushing to be the first to get the SCOOP and being so fortunate to take advantage of how euginia is a fan of shane and thus happily willing to go along with his shit.

the fact he still has vile women like kati morton despite her being called out on her bullshit by MANY during the betterhelp debacle is proof enough to me that shane will never abandon his YOUTUBE ELITE circle so long as they still turn a profit.

i will always stand by my belief that shane is an opportunistic snake. just because he is no onision or no keemstar or no leafy or no imalexx does not change that. he hasnt done a single thing to change that since i first thought it, and this euginia bullshit isnt helping. 

Edited by jadedotgif

Posted (edited)

I feel like Shane is just pushing the limits of how much assholery he can do on camera without his audience noticing or caring lol. 

Shit like this rarely get's brought up but if it does, it get's excused away with his "i'm aN EmPaTh, I only mean well" by his fans. 

His fans doesn't understand intent vs action, someone might mean well but if their actions don't show it then it means nothing.

Buuuuuut in Shane's case, we know he's nothing but an opportunist that is ready to crawl into Jeffree Star's asshole and build a hut in there. While Eugenia does seem to have a passion for makeup, it still felt like a promo attempt when he gave her JS brand makeup on camera (I think? Didn't watch the whole thing out of frustration, but I read that he did). His documentaries are nothing but attempts to wash these people's hands off their dirt (despite them doing another fuckup a week later) so he can get views.

He seems to have learned his lesson about not chimping out on twitter whenever he gets criticism, or maybe people just don't dare to do it anymore...

Edited by boopa

Posted

His fans doesn't understand intent vs action, someone might mean well but if their actions don't show it then it means nothing.

Buuuuuut in Shane's case, we know he's nothing but an opportunist that is ready to crawl into Jeffree Star's asshole and build a hut in there. While Eugenia does seem to have a passion for makeup, it still felt like a promo attempt when he gave her JS brand makeup on camera (I think? Didn't watch the whole thing out of frustration, but I read that he did). His documentaries are nothing but attempts to wash these people's hands off their dirt (despite them doing another fuckup a week later) so he can get views.

He seems to have learned his lesson about not chimping out on twitter whenever he gets criticism, or maybe people just don't dare to do it anymore...

Amen. I'd believe he had good intentions if he didn't make "documentaries" right when the drama is happening and try to frame problematic assholes like Jeffrey Star, Tana and Jake Paul as good, misunderstood people, or stir shit up like with the Chuck-e-Cheese mess. 

Posted

I was on gamefaqs and some random article decided to "borrow" this photo for a story that literally has nothing to do with Shane, Ryland, or Morgan. 

Capture+_2019-09-03-22-04-49.png