• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Shane Dawson

1186 posts in this topic

Posted

I was wondering what everyone thinks of Shane. 

He's recently become one of my favorite YouTubers. 

There is a bit of drama out there (specifically Shane using black face as a joke for his videos, then getting hate for it, while other YouTubers who did it got no hate), though nothing stands out too much.

It's rather old, I know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jZDt5zQWsE

Does someone have qualms against Shane's content or anything he has said? Curious.

Posted (edited)

It is time that he got one here, he seems like a funny guy to me, but sadly he doesn't do many sketches anymore. About the video you linked, I am glad he left the ratings and comments public. People usually don't do that out of fear. He apologized and seemed serious about it and didn't do it again (I think) still fucked up tho.

Edited by M.I.A

Posted

His conspiracy theories videos are funny to watch haha especially those with hollywood celebrities

Posted

in the past i couldn't stand him but lately i love him, especially his videos with drew and garrett and the conspiracy theories!!!

Posted (edited)

I love all his conspiracy and creepy videos. I also love watching his food videos late at night lol. 

Edited by Kurosaki
Spelling error

Posted

he seems to have grown and matured a lot in recent years, i used to dislike him but now i think his videos are really fun a lot of the time!

Posted

i remember watching him often waaaay back when youtube started being a thing. maybe sometime around 2007-2009 ish? i havent really heard much about him ever since then nor have i watched any of his new stuff. its crazy how long he has been doing youtube for. 

Posted

I've been waiiiiiitingggggg on a thread for him (too lazy to make one myself though).

So, I used to watch Shane Dawson like craaazy when all he did was skits back in like 2009. Eventually, I just got tired of the overly vulgar humor and unsubscribed for mad years until probably this year/last year. I like most of his videos now (vids with his friends, conspiracy theories, & all of Destery's vids lol love him). He's gonna eventually need to rebrand himself again because it's gonna get way too repetitive.

Anyway, one thing I wanted to discuss was his neutrality to like... everything and everyone?? He's had Tana (before the "N word" bullshit but I don't see them interacting much anymore), Jepper Circle, Farrah Abraham, etc. on the podcast--very controversial figures. What do you guys feel about that?

Posted

Shane's personality has really changed over the last couple years, almost like he's not himself anymore (he's pushing the gay agenda, and I do not mean for that to be offensive) , but I do understand why.

If you could record and edit a conspiracy theory video that will take less then 3 hours to do for free and get millions of views or make a skit that could take weeks and cost thousands to do so and get less than double the views that you'd get for the easy videos, of course he's going to be telling people things he found on wikipedia, lol.

Another note is that I believe he's just grown up too much for skits, which is a real bummer because I personally really enjoyed them.

In that case, I have just grown bored of his millionth food video and trying dumb life hacks. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but clearly tons of people still enjoy his content which is great, he has a good thing going.

Posted

Anyway, one thing I wanted to discuss was his neutrality to like... everything and everyone?? He's had Tana (before the "N word" bullshit but I don't see them interacting much anymore), Jepper Circle, Farrah Abraham, etc. on the podcast--very controversial figures. What do you guys feel about that?

I've never followed him, and only caught a few of his videos, actually I listened to his podcast more because I always felt like he treated his guests great, and was really hilarious to them. 

I think behind his gross sense of humor he is kind of like the good guy on youtube. I mean maybe. Jenna Marbles like prank called him, and he didn't even break a nail, he just went along with it, and laughed, and was obviously confused for a moment but eventually guessed it was for a youtube video. He uses self deprecating jokes as safety guard, but he has always done that. 

I think it is fairly obvious why he has a neutral stance with a lot of problematic people - for views. For entertainment purposes. I don't think he wants to forge relationships with a lot of these people, but knows that their presence will help him stay relevant. But I also think, especially on his podcast, he gives them a chance to explain themselves, and maybe even poke fun at them in his own weird way. 

Posted

I've been watching Shane Dawson since 2008. Honestly... Idk what to think about him anymore.... I adored Shane! I always would watch his videos and, I wanted to meet him IRL. I was able to relate to him a lot.  He got me through some of the darkest times in my life with his sence of humor. Genuine personality? I hate to be like one of those people that are like " We want the old shane back " But at the same time I perfered his older content and, Vlogs. It just seems like something broke inside him. Somethings seems very wrong, Maybe it's just a feeling.  Ever since he came out. To clarify I don't think that anything is wrong with that. But I know he struggles with body dismorphia, etc. I've noticed alot of weight gain and, He just seems... Idk sick... I don't really consitter myself a fan of his anylonger. I love him. But it seems like he's given up on alot of goals he set for himself in the past. He seems more depressed than usual. He seems like he's idk.. Given into degenracy? I know he was pretty off color orignally but sometimes he just makes me cringe. It's very upsetting. I Really like Shane and I think he's given up on himself and His fans. I love how sincere he used to be. 

I've watched the Video that Onision made about him too. 
Which makes me question everything that I thought I knew about Shane. Tho to be fair. I'm not sure I can Trust Onision either. He's a troll afterall. 
I don't like what Shane's done with his channel. Like really? You used to CREATE! You used to do some pretty meaningful shit. The skits, the Videos, The Christmas specials! Where's that part of Shane? That's the part I miss. Which I guess that means I miss Shane's Heart. Which Hasn't been a part of his videos in a long time. 

Posted

I've been watching Shane Dawson since 2008. Honestly... Idk what to think about him anymore.... I adored Shane! I always would watch his videos and, I wanted to meet him IRL. I was able to relate to him a lot.  He got me through some of the darkest times in my life with his sence of humor. Genuine personality? I hate to be like one of those people that are like " We want the old shane back " But at the same time I perfered his older content and, Vlogs. It just seems like something broke inside him. Somethings seems very wrong, Maybe it's just a feeling.  Ever since he came out. To clarify I don't think that anything is wrong with that. But I know he struggles with body dismorphia, etc. I've noticed alot of weight gain and, He just seems... Idk sick... I don't really consitter myself a fan of his anylonger. I love him. But it seems like he's given up on alot of goals he set for himself in the past. He seems more depressed than usual. He seems like he's idk.. Given into degenracy? I know he was pretty off color orignally but sometimes he just makes me cringe. It's very upsetting. I Really like Shane and I think he's given up on himself and His fans. I love how sincere he used to be. 

I've watched the Video that Onision made about him too. 
Which makes me question everything that I thought I knew about Shane. Tho to be fair. I'm not sure I can Trust Onision either. He's a troll afterall. 
I don't like what Shane's done with his channel. Like really? You used to CREATE! You used to do some pretty meaningful shit. The skits, the Videos, The Christmas specials! Where's that part of Shane? That's the part I miss. Which I guess that means I miss Shane's Heart. Which Hasn't been a part of his videos in a long time. 

The wisest thing you can do is not trust onision. He's a downright hypocritical pig. We got a thread on him somewhere here which I suggest you read.
But I get what you mean, it's like he's not creating anything, he's just remaking some of the things he knows people will enjoy to stay on the safe side (though I admit I'm a sucker for conspiracy videos and such), but credit is due because he reaches out to the people he mentions often and there's still something left of him if you get my gist. He probably left the old videos behind because it just created too much controversy that people still talk about. I get it, but it just sucks that originality is almost nowhere to be found. Young youtube sucked in quality but there were new ideas and new things around every corner of it.  

Posted

The wisest thing you can do is not trust onision. He's a downright hypocritical pig. We got a thread on him somewhere here which I suggest you read.
But I get what you mean, it's like he's not creating anything, he's just remaking some of the things he knows people will enjoy to stay on the safe side (though I admit I'm a sucker for conspiracy videos and such), but credit is due because he reaches out to the people he mentions often and there's still something left of him if you get my gist. He probably left the old videos behind because it just created too much controversy that people still talk about. I get it, but it just sucks that originality is almost nowhere to be found. Young youtube sucked in quality but there were new ideas and new things around every corner of it.  

I'll bring up another point then. Remeber his vlogs? Rememebr when he cared about his fans? It doesn't seem like he gives a shit. He seems like he stopped caring after a while. Which is why I brought up his loss of sincerity in his videos. He doesn't talk to his fan base the way he used to. It's dishearting, When His Grandma died, My own mother Died Not too long after that. One of the major reasons I got through that half way sane is because of him. Humor was a big part of how I was able to deal with that and a bunch of other things. I relaise this is personal experence and, I probally care about people too much. But I really just want to see the passion from him again. I wanna see him truly happy again doing something that mattered to so many people. Controversy aside, Perhaps Orignially that's what drew me to like his videos. But what kept me was his Heart and all of the wonderful skits He made. Rememember the christmas specials? Or SuperLuv, He makes fun of himself for that, Yes it's a bit cheezy. But Really the story, the filmography and the artestry.  Ya can't say you can see that from what he's doing now. Consperacy videos are just ok. I'm rather a consperacy buff myself. There's something there but, It's like watching a muffled light. 

Posted

I'll bring up another point then. Remeber his vlogs? Rememebr when he cared about his fans? It doesn't seem like he gives a shit. He seems like he stopped caring after a while. Which is why I brought up his loss of sincerity in his videos. He doesn't talk to his fan base the way he used to. It's dishearting, When His Grandma died, My own mother Died Not too long after that. One of the major reasons I got through that half way sane is because of him. Humor was a big part of how I was able to deal with that and a bunch of other things. I relaise this is personal experence and, I probally care about people too much. But I really just want to see the passion from him again. I wanna see him truly happy again doing something that mattered to so many people. Controversy aside, Perhaps Orignially that's what drew me to like his videos. But what kept me was his Heart and all of the wonderful skits He made. Rememember the christmas specials? Or SuperLuv, He makes fun of himself for that, Yes it's a bit cheezy. But Really the story, the filmography and the artestry.  Ya can't say you can see that from what he's doing now. Consperacy videos are just ok. I'm rather a consperacy buff myself. There's something there but, It's like watching a muffled light. 

Loss of passion seems to be the general theme on YT tbh. Some of the coolest creators have kinda gone downhill when it comes to their overall quality of person if that makes sense. I can see what you mean tho.

My condolences❤️ I hope you're doing ok 

Posted (edited)

guess I'm going to be a negative Nancy .  I used to like his video as a teen, his shanaynay act vids and such. 

But gosh I stopped watching years ago after the horrible self loathing sens of 'humor ' started getting unbearable and painful to hear. 'I'm fat/ugly/gonna die alone/no one loves me/I have no friends huhuhuh' it made me so uncomfortable and left me feeling blegh after the video. I also hate the jokes(?) He made about having sex with his pets as a kid. Very disturbing especially since some say it is true :/ and don't even get me started on the relationship with his ex.  All in all I'm not surprised hes still popular with the kiddos on YT. Cause his 'jokes' mostly consist of sexually related anything. Dicks! Vaginas! Ha.... Ha.... Hah . His conspiracy videos are all generic stuff that have been recycled a billion times by now. 

Edited by Kiko