• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

cowsel / josie

1015 posts in this topic

Posted

IMG_5970.thumb.PNG.898935e7def1f15af7f70IMG_5971.thumb.PNG.e34b2785998f267c876b7IMG_5972.thumb.PNG.e67077712ccd87a231668Josie is a half-korean and half-austrian gal born in -98 I don't think that there's anything that special about her I don't follow her because I find her boring, she is very liked by kboos and kpop stan twt, there was little drama over her not being nice to people who called her pretty etc on her selca days but nothing else worth mentioning. What do you guys think?

ig: cowsel

twt:  wbyoongi

Posted

Seen her on my explore page a lot recently! She's pretty, but the most recent selfie is kind of strange looking, like she took the blur tool and edited all the definition out of her face. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

She's a very pretty girl! 

I used to follow her a couple months ago, but I unfollowed cause she was a bit too boring for my taste haha

Plus I don't really like how she never seems to answer dms either (which to me, kind of shows she doesn't really communicate with her followers) :/

Posted (edited)

Her eyes are pretty :alpacalove: They always look so clear and bright in her pictures

Edited by lilcoco

Posted

I dont have anything against editing pictures, she can do it if she wants but when i saw her in the explore page; i immidiately noticed all the blur because of editing

Posted

I dont have anything against editing pictures, she can do it if she wants but when i saw her in the explore page; i immidiately noticed all the blur because of editing

I have a feeling that she looks very different irl

Posted

She talks a lot about racism and Asian issues on her ig, I really admire that and it´s nice that she tries to approach the topics. But there are people who don´t like that and as an Asian living in Austria myself I sometimes can understand why those people are mad at her. It´s not that the issues themselves are problematic, it´s the way how she phrase it that might let people misunderstand their meanings. Idk but sometimes she does give me that SJW vibe.

e.g.

stop liking people for their nationalities and start liking them for their actual personalities. i get that i have a huge advantage as a light skinned asian (due to all those skin whitening products people want to try to get lighter skin, something i never had an issue with), i know the asian country i’m from is one of the “more known” ones and more respected ones and i hate that. I hate the fact that asians judge each other based on the the color of their skin, the size of their eyes and their country. it’s disgusting and sad, especially because we should all be going strong together. i want to tell all those asians from countries that aren’t part of the typical “china, korea, japan” grouping, that i respect you guys and that i’m sorry for any judgment you guys had to go through. you guys are stunning i don’t care about any beauty standards.

These are certainly lovely words for some, but I can see that if someone has never been bothered with the skin colour issue she/he might find it odd that now this random stranger is suddenly empathizing with them.

I want to thank those friends that don't make North Korean jokes. Those that don't tell me i shouldn't call myself austrian because i don't look like it. Those that know how uncomfortable I feel about getting asked if i will eat my dog. I want to thank those friends that know i don't feel home in a country i was raised in. I want to thank those friends that don't call me "too sensitive" when it comes to racism but will listen to all my complains even tho it doesn't affect them in the slightest. I want to thank those friends that don't point out all my mistakes when i talk a different language because they know how hard it is to be raised with more than two languages. And if you don't have a friend like that then let me be that friend for you? I want you guys to know i care about all those small things that make you uncomfortable and i care about you. (the cheese is real but holy shit i love you guys and i want you guys to feel good in your own skin and know you ain't alone my boos)

Now I´m just being nitpicky but... "I want to thank those friends that don't point out all my mistakes when i talk a different language because they know how hard it is to be raised with more than two languages" ?? How is pointing out your mistakes racist? The fact that you have to learn two languages doesn´t make a solid excuse. She should have left the sentence out and this would be a wonderful message.

She once said that she is majoring in communication so hopefully she will get better at putting her thoughts into words.

Posted (edited)

I don't see how her speaking out on those issues are problematic. She has valid criticism towards the Asian community and the privilege Koreans or any light skinned Asians have over South East Asians. Colorism is a real problem that's been going on for a very long time and it needs to stop. I admire that she's using her platform to speak out about those issues because I'm pretty sure a lot of her followers are probably fans of hers because she looks like your ideal pale Korean beauty kinda thing.

I wouldn't consider pointing out mistakes when it comes to grammar or whatever racist either but it is kind of ignorant to make fun of someone's competence over a language that probably wasn't their first. I experience that all the time when I jumble up some grammar because Korean was my first language and it's just plain rude when people point it out and make fun of my English when it was my second language. At least I've somewhat mastered English? How about you do the same and learn my first language and see how hard it is.

/rant

Edited by holita
word

Posted

I don’t find her problematic either, she seems to have a good head in her shoulders, her first language is not english so it’s normal if she makes some mistakes when she’s trying to make a point.

Posted

I have a feeling that she looks very different irl

i have seen her on stream but most of the time her face is semi obstructed by a hood or scarf. 

some people are also claiming her face for nsfw roleplay. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by moonless

Posted

she’s very beautiful but bland

I know what you mean, nothing different