• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Let's share our favourite Japanese songs!

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess Jrock/Vkei/Kpop has it's own thread so it's best to share more normal songs here.

I'll go first!

Posted (edited)

omg nice topic!!!!:D maybe I can find some new japanese songs to love

few of myy faves

Edited by Kiko

Posted

Ok but what about Winding Road

Posted

I just recently discovered this really cool band from London

but they sound Japanese and I think they belong to J-pop/Electronic genre.

They're called, 'Kero Kero Bonito'. 

This is my current favorite song! It's super cute and Sarah Bonito is sucha doll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnYuC0YD_s

Posted (edited)

omg my Japanese teacher showed us that Misia song in class at the start of the semester! I really liked it but I've haven't looked at her other songs @[email protected] but omg I recently fell in love with the vocals from https://youtu.be/Zo3Xwff7cOg (I realized...idk how to embed videos on there...)

Edited by toasty

Posted

my boyfriend introduced me to Gesu No Kiwami Otome and i've fallen in love :lamaheadshake:

you guys should have a listen~

Posted

my boyfriend introduced me to Gesu No Kiwami Otome and i've fallen in love :lamaheadshake:

OH MY GOD I KNOW THIS SINGER!!!! HIS OTHER BAND IS INDIGO LA END AND I REALLY LOVE HIM IN THAT BAND but omg this one is also just as great, like just listening to the piano with the guitar in the first five seconds you know it's gonna be good

But here's one of the indigo la end if you wanna compare https://youtu.be/99DIdczzy2Y

Posted (edited)

Anything by Sekai No Owari (End of the World) I adore! They recently released two new songs for the Attack On Titan movies. The movies were a flop but the songs we're amazing... Theyr'e in English though. 

Anyway, these are some of my favourite people and/or bands, and I highly suggest you all check them out! :lamaheadshake:

Edited by Skyleigh
i hope the links work oops

Posted (edited)

My current faves are I-AI, I recently met them at a fan meeting and I got to see them perform, they sound the same live!

Tracks I recommend:

I just realised I read the thread wrong and that this is for more normal sounding songs... I-AI are as visual kei as you get

Edited by polybrow

Posted

💝Lately I'm not listening to Japanese music , but I will put that I really like ...💝

Posted

Personally I have a HUGE passion for certain Kikuo, Masa, and Ali Project. Pretty weebish but some of my favorites include:

Climb! Advance! To the Tall Tower! (x)**

Universe Cat Drowning (x)

Breaking Things Into Pieces ( x) SEIZURE WARNING, This video has tons of flashing images. Watch with caution.)

Dance of the Corpses ( x )**

My Seventh Celebration ( x )** (Seizure warning for this one just in case as well.)

Troubadour ( x )

Kyomu Densen ( x ) **

Rokumeikan Boogie-Woogie (x)

Just a few of my favorites.

( **= Triggering content, including lyrics and or video. Watch at your own risk. )

Posted (edited)

I've honestly not really listened to a lot of japanese music, but I really really like the theme from Hausu (the piano piece)

//edit not sure if this was composed by japanese people but since the movie is japanese I kind of assumed japanese people also composed this piano piece.

Edited by Sup