• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Crushes/Crush stories

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I've really liked this guy since March this year from Uni, never really noticed him until he made a funny remark to something I'd said. We've done a bit of group work together, but I don't get to see him very often due to the both of us being quite ill and having lots going on in our lives. I don't really know what it is about him that I like so much, but I just feel so much compassion for him and I want to be the one to make him smile. I often do whatever I can to help him out, usually, I pass on a bit of money.  He's not very good at expressing feelings but we've had a few 'deep' conversations. We've both had very similar lives and I know that deep down he is a very emotional person. He's told my friends he would date me in the near future, he's just not emotionally ready right now. Whenever I see him both our friendship groups usually all spend time together (I'm friends with pretty much all his friends anyway) and we always fit in a one on one conversation. We've never kissed, but we often share long hugs together :alpacacrush: It feels like a sweet high school romance with him, I really hope we end up together. He's really inspired me to try a lot harder in Uni and always puts a smile on my face. I do hope I'm even the slightest bit of help to him. 

Posted

lmao I've had the WORST luck when it comes to crushes in the past year.

Just before I was planning on leaving my toxic relationship, I met this younger dude who I was in charge of and idk... I didn't think much of him at first except that he was super sweet and immediately came to help me set up for a movie night. Then when we were watching the movie, which was a romance movie, he asked me, "Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?"

Ding ding.

Nothing ever came of us except that we're good friends, but that crush helped me in a lot of ways... it also messed me up emotionally. I'd had long-time partners and I don't think I ever felt so strongly towards either of them as I did this guy. I have no issue seeing him as nothing more than a friend, I don't think I'd ever be happy with him. It also probably sounds like shiz this happened just before I left my ex.. Life is WEIRD.

I made friends with someone on tinder and I did sort of like them. We met a few times and I was kind of confused how they felt. They abruptly rejected me without me saying a word. But it's all good, we're really good friends now and it's more of a funny blip in how we became friends.

I had a crush on a coworker and he... died.

Posted

just came to see if this thread was still here! I was thinking of posting :alpacacrush: this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but this was when I was younger, but it still tugs me to this day. I remember having a mini crush on this guy but I tried to ignore my feelings, because of the social anxiety I had so I never ended doing much haha. Sad life:alpacadone: Anyway I remember having to do those stupid introduction games and we had to sign each other's papers, so I was super nervous and didn't want to ask anyone. One other girl asked and then he came, asking if he could. Most people (since they knew me already) knew that I wasn't very mentally good, so they did not think highly of me. (especially the boys) But I remember him speaking to me very friendly and was trying to seem nice, so I ended up liking him because of that. His sign and the other girl was the only ones on my paper. I was happy that day. He was always nice but I never got to speak much to him. Talking about this makes me feel so old :alpacasad:

Posted

I have more of an embarrassing crush story. I was a band geek in high school and developed a crush on a fellow band geek in the year above me. I held onto that crush for two years before I acted on it. At 15, I got a hold of his home phone number and called him to confess my luuuv. His younger sister answered the phone and embarrassed the heck out of me before putting him on. I confessed, he had no idea who I was, then proceeded to make really awkward small talk/date plans with me. Literally (and I do mean literally) the next day, he asks my best friend out and she flat out rejects him. *womp womp* At the time I was so tragically heartbroken but now I think its one of the funniest things that's ever happened to me.

Posted (edited)

^^ i had something similar in hs.

I was friends with some underclassmen and they liked me( i didnt know he did I'm really dense when it comes to crushes) and confessed to me but i was like lol what. I gave him my number too but i didnt get his so when he texted me i immediately replied with wrong number :harharplz: the next year i develop a crush on him and he still liked me but when i confessed he rejected me(well he didn't say anything so i took that as a no.) so then next year comes and its my last year and i see him again and i HAD HIM FOR TWO CLASSES not only was it weird but it was so uncomfortable. He tried to make some small talk with me but I'd quickly drop it because it just felt weird. I also liked some guy in uni but he would never show up because of work so i dropped him. No current crushes because i moved to a different country and i dont know anyone at all.

Edited by Diphylleia grayi

Posted

Hnn so basically there's this co-worker that's only a few years younger than me and we've hit it off pretty well. At first I thought I was developing a slight crush so I ignored it..now it's so damn noticeable everyone at work knows. I get so flustered when my other co-workers tease me I'm not sure whether to be happy or have a panic attack.:alpacadone:

Posted

Hnn so basically there's this co-worker that's only a few years younger than me and we've hit it off pretty well. At first I thought I was developing a slight crush so I ignored it..now it's so damn noticeable everyone at work knows. I get so flustered when my other co-workers tease me I'm not sure whether to be happy or have a panic attack.:alpacadone:

I soooooo get that. Like, on a spiritual level.

I have a slight crush too, but I honestly just think it's because I end up just liking someone because it's a fun pass time; and not to mention he's nice and friendly to everyone. He has a pretty tough semester, so I know he doesn't think of me that way, but a tiny part of me wishes he did. Which is dumb because if he did I would be soooo shy to admit my feelings too. But I digress. 

Posted

I soooooo get that. Like, on a spiritual level.

I have a slight crush too, but I honestly just think it's because I end up just liking someone because it's a fun pass time; and not to mention he's nice and friendly to everyone. He has a pretty tough semester, so I know he doesn't think of me that way, but a tiny part of me wishes he did. Which is dumb because if he did I would be soooo shy to admit my feelings too. But I digress. 

haha yeah I'm getting better at dealing with it  but at one point I got so embarrassed I literally ran out the back door and went across to the other side of our building to avoid everything and everyone :alpacadone:. At the time it was so humiliating now it's just funny. :happee: still getting some mixed signals but I think taking it slow and enjoying 'this' is worth it too. It's kind of stupid but it makes me happy and puts a smile on my face.

Hmm..well you could always just get to know him as a friend first? You might realize how much you do or don't like him in that way. And seeing someone as a friend first can seriously help ease the stress.

Posted

haha yeah I'm getting better at dealing with it  but at one point I got so embarrassed I literally ran out the back door and went across to the other side of our building to avoid everything and everyone :alpacadone:. At the time it was so humiliating now it's just funny. :happee: still getting some mixed signals but I think taking it slow and enjoying 'this' is worth it too. It's kind of stupid but it makes me happy and puts a smile on my face.

Hmm..well you could always just get to know him as a friend first? You might realize how much you do or don't like him in that way. And seeing someone as a friend first can seriously help ease the stress.

Truee... But i still feel weird though... I wish we were actually more cordial. I only have one class with him, so I just watch from afar. And I always seem to kind of bully him instead of being actually nice...? IDK, i find it hard to be honest about my icky feelings. But he's an all around nice guy, so he wouldn't really get offended by my jabs. But their all friendly jabs. 

And if we were to be friends, I think i'd stop seeing him as a guy I like, but as a friend. :notimp: But yeah, the chances of him liking me are hilariously low. I'll try to be genuinely nicer tho 

Posted

Omg..haha that's more or less what I've been going through with my crush. At least all the jabs have been in good fun. I popped him in the chin the other night with a chair (it was a hilarious accident), playfully insulted/teased him, and stole his cell phone for a bit. Shockingly and thankfully enough I think he's still into me lol but like you I'm going to try to be nicer to him. Thanks again for the side support/encouragement about being brave with this!! I'm going to seriously give it my best! :alpacacrush:

I really hope you can be with your crush as well!! I guess try baby steps and honestly just try for it. You might be pleasantly surprised ^_^ good luck!!!!!! 

Posted (edited)

Edited by nosejob
too PERSONAL

Posted

Lol so my story isn't so cute either but I had the longest crush on this internet friend. I liked him for 4 years until we finally met each other in real life. We met up at an event and tbh after meeting him in person it sort of made me turned off because his personality irl was different from his online personality. So during the event they had an after party so I decided to attend it with him and I was just turned off because he kept trying to dance really close to me by rubbing his body on me. I mean even though he was my crush who I liked for 4 years!!! I felt grossed out and uncomfortable by it. Maybe because it was my first time meeting him so I didn't want to have any skinship with him. But yeah it wasn't a good experience and even after meeting him in real life he kinda stopped talking to me after that. So it was lame and I can't believe I was so in love with my idea of him for 4 years!!!!! 

Posted

askaksjajajaj I had the biggest crush on this guy about 2 years ago. He was a year older than me and honestly we didn't hit off immediately lol.`I actually was friends with his best friend before we slowly got to know each other. We became fast friends and I had a crush on him for a whole ass year omg. It was one of those situations where it was mutual but neither of us wanted to make the first move. 

He finally asked me out and I said yes! We've been together for 11 months now, he's become this person that I really love and cherish.  :alpacalove: this sounds cheesy as fuck but we are each other's first loves asjkajkwi I'll leave now lmaooo

Posted

It's not really a crush story, but more like a first meeting story that I ended up making friends with and then crushing on later. I was at a cafe (and hung over) so clumsy me being sleep deprived, I spilled coffee on my face as I was trying to drink it. A guy saw and offered me ratty napkins from his pocket. We became friends. Ended up crushing on him and eventually left my bf at the time for napkin guy lol. We're broken up now but still remain very close friends.