• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nikkietutorials

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I couldn't find a thread about her so I decided to start one.

YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blog

She's a 23 year old professional makeup artist and a beauty youtuber from the Netherlands.

The Power of Makeup palette scandal was probably the biggest controversy surrounding her. She collaborated with Too Faced for the palette and there was a lot of conflicting opinions about the palette some saying it was bad quality, the shadows patchy, not pigmented, while others were praising it. A lot of people got angry about Nikkie releasing and pushing a bad product to her subscribers.

She also used to hang out with the beauty guru clique (Jefree Star, Manny MUA etc) and again people were vary of her because of the people she associated with, however these "friendships" seems to have ended recently.

So yeah I wanted to know your opinions about her (and tell me if I should include something more in this post)

Posted

first impression of her-- I think she was talented considering her age... I didn't subscribe to her but I usually watch her new videos.

lasting impression/ opinion-- she puts too much make up on... i imagine it looks cakey IRL

I think the way she did her power of makeup swatches was that she DUG into the pan and swatched REALLY heavily... like REALLY. other than that I still sometimes watch her... its fine.

Posted

I couldn't bother watching her during the Jeffree Star time because she did the same thing as Manny where she used his jargon and mannerisms and it kind of felt unreal, now that she's kind of 'free' of that I can see her personality peak through again and I really enjoy her? I like her personality a lot although i don't really watch a ton of her videos.

Posted

I unsubscribed a long time ago because I'm not that interested in makeup but I loved watching her back in the days. She is very funny and especially when she speaks Dutch she comes off as a very down to earth friendly and funny woman. 

Does anyone know where she currently lives?

Posted

Does anyone know where she currently lives?

As far as I know she still lives in the Netherlands. Where in the Netherlands though I'm not sure

I couldn't bother watching her during the Jeffree Star time because she did the same thing as Manny where she used his jargon and mannerisms and it kind of felt unreal, now that she's kind of 'free' of that I can see her personality peak through again and I really enjoy her? I like her personality a lot although i don't really watch a ton of her videos.

I agree with you when she was basically absorbing JS mannerism I kind of stopped watching her but now it's way more enjoyable again. Dropping out of that clique was a good choice (? we'll we're not sure if she chose to do that or JS 'dropped' her or what happened there but it was better for her)

Posted

i used to watch her, but at some point she just became too annoying. shes like a "white gay with an "inner black woman"" but inside of a white straight woman. its weird.

also im not a big fan of her makeup.. i guess its technically good, but i just dont like how it looks. :alpacawink:

Posted

She seems nice but also kinda fake. Also not a big fan of her look/makeup. It is too cakey, too much "ru pauls drag race". She doesn't really do looks you could wear IRL

Posted

Her makeup looks like paint too me

too cakey 

Posted

Not a fan of her full face preference but she is talented. She has some nice techniques here and there. Sad she got mixed up with JS. He came into the beauty community through nikki honestly. They're both making bank though so I doubt either of them care lmao. Nikki is funny and I understand why she's so popular compared to other makeup gurus. After awhile the tutorials get really boring no matter who you are. 

Posted

What happened with her Too Faced scandal? I'm not caught up on beauty vlogger drama.

Posted

I thought she was much older, like mid-30s. Guess it's because the heavy make-up makes her look much more mature in a way. I like some of her tutorials, but I don't really watch them a lot.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cyka

Posted

Woah. I am so confused right now. I always tought she is 30 or over but she is 23?!  I guess - like some of you mentioned - it's because of the heavy makeup O.o So weird.

Posted

What happened with her Too Faced scandal? I'm not caught up on beauty vlogger drama.

You mean the palette? As far as I remember people were saying "oh it's just a batch issue" and everyone just stopped talking about it after a while. Then JS recently (like this summer) "spilled some tea" that Nikkie's contract with Too Faced basically didn't pay her anything, it wasn't related to the amount of palettes sold they just gave her a fee at the start, and that she wasn't allowed to talk about the collab or, if I remember right, the problems. So now we know that Too Faced kind of scammed her with that whole collab. If we trust JS of course but imo he didn't have a reason to lie because by revealing all this he actually didn't do any good to Nikkie since she still wasn't allowed to talk about the details of the contract.

About her age yeah I was also surprised when I first started watching because she's actually my age. But when I look at her bare face I can see that she actually looks pretty young, but the heavy makeup and, not to be rude but, her weight makes her look older

Posted

As far as I know she still lives in the Netherlands. Where in the Netherlands though I'm not sure

Based on her snaps I'd say in Amsterdam.

I like her, she's funny and has a nice personality. Even though I don't put on so much make-up her tips helped me a lot back when I started to really get into it (old subscriber here) and while her videos changed style a little I still like watching her (more often as a background noise nowadays).

As for the drama, Here For The Tea did some videos on those.