• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

JESSICA VU AKA JESSYLUXE

318 posts in this topic

Posted

Jessica's doing a live on Instagram right now, nothing really interesting just doing her makeup (I don't know why the pictures look so unflattering oh god)

IMG_9128.PNG

IMG_9130.PNG

IMG_9131.PNG

Jesus Christ, those eyebrows :darth:

Posted

Sorry for bringing this up again but: breast implants are ticking time bombs that will keep you satisfied from outside but destroy you from the inside. Her money her body, hope she won't regret this because our bodies grow, change and age. Breasts are amazing that's why I support people that promote love for every size of titties. Even extremely flat chested women are lovely the way they are and the ones that to get them removed. But I guess the pressure is high. 

eh, she can always get them taken out when she feels like it. Its great to promote self love and natural breast exposure but honestly some women have real reasons to have breast augmentations. It's better for ppl to enhance or correct their body rather than be unhappy imo. She's been honest nor was it a drastic procedure. I think your use of words were a little intense. There's always room for complications but that's why women have their breasts monitored in annual checkups. No hate towards you, I just want to show a different opinion to girls who read this forum. Cosmetic surgery isn't the answer to self love definitely but it can make a lot of people feel better. I don't necessarily promote it but I do feel like it's not our place to judge women who are honest and want these procedures either. :alpacawink:

Posted

Jessica's doing a live on Instagram right now, nothing really interesting just doing her makeup (I don't know why the pictures look so unflattering oh god)

IMG_9128.PNG

IMG_9130.PNG

IMG_9131.PNG

Jesus Christ, those eyebrows look like they could fly away any second. :beardo:

Posted

Them wings look too heavy for flight tho. Maybe for flapping?

293921.png

I'm out of upvotes again but holy crap you are amazing.

she got them instagram penguin eyebrows.

Posted

If she's so pro surgery she should look at getting her nostrils filed the fuck down

Posted (edited)

Is she still going to college? She mentioned going to an online school in her latest video, and I'm a bit confused.

Edited by Judy Hopps

Posted

Is she still going to college? She mentioned going to an online school in her latest video, and I'm a bit confused.

yes, i think she is going to the uni of florida 

Posted

I didn't even notice her eyebrows for some reason until reading this, but omg they're so bad. Why doesn't she fill in the top????

Posted

These were from her ulzzang stage, I guess? I don't have a lot. I just remembered her pictures were reblogged a lot on my timeline. Saved them because serious hair goals lol

jessicav.png

jv.png

omg how did I only just see these now! She looks like an entirely different person

Posted

omg how did I only just see these now! She looks like an entirely different person

Make up and growing up? I look like a different person too from 14 to 17, (okey maybe a little bit of angles and ps too for her) its normal and natural because she is still growing. 

Posted

Make up and growing up? I look like a different person too from 14 to 17, (okey maybe a little bit of angles and ps too for her) its normal and natural because she is still growing. 

well yeah obviously 😂 I meant her style is defo different 

Posted

Is it just me or was makeup not even that popular until 2014? Was it always this big of a deal? I didn't even know how to cover my dark circles in hs let alone what young girls do these days :S. In her defense, when I look back at how I did my brows back when I learned about sephora..they went through so many phases. Thank god natural brows are currently in. I think shes going for a gradient effect but the line she creates is too harsh and she leaves the top bald.

Posted

Her thinner brows from her ulzzang phase were done the best lmao even if they didn't suit her. Maybe she's still figuring out how to do her eyebrows rn.

Posted

Is it just me or was makeup not even that popular until 2014? Was it always this big of a deal? I didn't even know how to cover my dark circles in hs let alone what young girls do these days :S. In her defense, when I look back at how I did my brows back when I learned about sephora..they went through so many phases. Thank god natural brows are currently in. I think shes going for a gradient effect but the line she creates is too harsh and she leaves the top bald.

It's due to the popularity of youtubers and instagram influencers and their style of makeup (also the popularity of the Kardashians/Jenners.) It led to companies marketing and ultimately banking on certain trends (for example, ABH has been around for years and years, it was basically just Benefit brow bar, but when people started penciling in their brows more frequently it gained popularity.) I used to work in a fashion adjacent industry and would often read the trend forecasts for this sort of thing so once you recognize that aspect of the market and consumerism it's pretty obvious why it happens.

In short: YT became popular, and so did people who would just post instagram makeup looks, which lead to more accessibility and knowledge especially for younger consumers. It's kind of how retouching photos has always been a thing but it's so much more prevalent because of how easy it is to do.

Back on topic, I also don't really understand the featheriness of her eyebrows at the front, especially paired with the bold line defining the bottom of her brow. I feel like full brows can give a softer look, but super defined full brows do the opposite. But she's young so that's probably what she's going for in the first place.