• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sissel AB

246 posts in this topic

Posted

She doesn’t seem to mind it ? Like she is not an conscious about her forehead as I thought she would be. Her forehead is huge and kinda distracting. 

Posted

Does anyone know if she knows how to speak Korean?... 

Posted (edited)

She doesn’t seem to mind it ? Like she is not an conscious about her forehead as I thought she would be. Her forehead is huge and kinda distracting. 

big foreheads have always been preferred with models. In general bigger foreheads tends to make you look youthful and youth = beauty for many people. This is especially true for Asia where you’re only worth anything (if female) if you look young/beautiful.

As someone with a very short forehead I’ve always envied people with big ones even before I made the above discovery, but even for me and most Koreans (remember her plastic surgery “consult”?) when asked bluntly would say her forehead is freakishly large. It makes her hair look super thin/makes her hairline look like it’s receding (even though it isn’t and I find her hair still plenty thick) due to the forehead jutting out so much and being so long.

Edited by PastelPotions

Posted

I also got bangs because of my big forehead, but they are such a pain to manage. I usually just swipe them to the side after a hour in the morning. She seems to have the same kind of feelings as I remember her having bangs before.

Posted

As a Dane I would just say that she looks very ordinary and Scandinavian. But then again, maybe it’s the desired look in Korea right now. 

Posted

I do feel like Koreans would find her forehead to be a bit excessive considering for example, Kim Sejeong's (from Gugudan) forehead was measured on a show lol

Screen_Shot_2019-11-08_at_8.44.17_PM.thu

but it's nothing compared to Sissel at least proportion wise

Screen_Shot_2019-11-08_at_8.42.29_PM.thu

Posted

I do feel like Koreans would find her forehead to be a bit excessive considering for example, Kim Sejeong's (from Gugudan) forehead was measured on a show lol

Screen_Shot_2019-11-08_at_8.44.17_PM.thu

but it's nothing compared to Sissel at least proportion wise

Screen_Shot_2019-11-08_at_8.42.29_PM.thu

Look Sisel is gorg but good lord every time I look at her all I can think of is megamind

Posted

Did you guys see that MV she posted today?

what do you think about it?

Posted

Does anyone know if she knows how to speak Korean?... 

She doesn't, her visa is sponsored by Korea Bros or something like that and they sub her videos. She even said in a Q & A video a while back that she had no interest in learning Korean, and I believe she has plans to return to her home (Denmark..?) when her visa expires. 

I also got bangs because of my big forehead, but they are such a pain to manage. I usually just swipe them to the side after a hour in the morning. She seems to have the same kind of feelings as I remember her having bangs before.

I did the same for the same reason, and it was the worst decision ever lol they're such a pain in the butt and I can't wait for them to fully grow out 

Posted

Look Sisel is gorg but good lord every time I look at her all I can think of is megamind

THIS. she is so gorgeous but her forehead is kind of big

Posted

This just took me out.

Posted

In the her new video on her Korean channel she said something about not speaking Korean and that she will try to make more videos where she’s speaking Korean. I found that kind of interesting I wonder if she’s reading the threads....

Posted

In the her new video on her Korean channel she said something about not speaking Korean and that she will try to make more videos where she’s speaking Korean. I found that kind of interesting I wonder if she’s reading the threads....

Yeah I recently noticed this in one of her videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKut6oSrUg

@ 16:40 she speaks some korean. I thought she was one of those ambassadors or something to promote others to travel to korea... and if she's not, she's doing a good job at looking like it. I feel like if she was though, that would be embarrassing to not know how to speak the language of the country you're promoting. I think maybe also to be able to gain an upper hand as a foreigner in Korea, she realized that she needed to learn the language in order to survive and gain more credibility and networks. 

Also saw her in this video from Alexa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgrk5L5avG4 for i Seoul U (same as the one BTS did a promo vid for here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkK7DVv1Tc

Posted

That video for I Seoul U is also on Sissel's channel, there was a vlog in which she mentioned shooting it and you could see her going to the different spots from the video.

I can't judge her Korean as I'm barely starting to learn Hangul, but she doesn't sound too bad in her very last video? That might just be me though.

Posted

Her editing is... subpar? Fine-ish in some instances? Her last video (Calm Dreamy Glitter Eyes Tutorial) reminded me why I can't watch makeup video less than 1080pHD: it looks grainy and the constant focus-out-in on the products makes me feels dizzy after a few seconds of watching it; the noise of the images underlying through the entire filming stings just enough for my eyes to force me to stop the video every now and then. It's smooth filming, for sure, but the image quality needs to up its game or it's gonna be difficult to keep watching.

This said, the look looks like... a standard look, nothing spectacular, just a really simple and clean look but the concealer looks like a block of thick pasty concrete and even the shading can't hide that it feels either a singular shade off her skin tone or simply too thick for her skin, more so around the lips area and the chin area, alongside the naso-labial crease and around the nostrils. In some instances of closeups, the skin takes an almost oily look that really distracted me from the entire 'eye work' she was doing. The again, it might very well be the editing and the quality of the video.

Some of the poses for glamshots in her instagram put me off, like this one. It feels like I'm watching a JoJo character posing at me from how awkward the angling of her neck and the position of her hand look. This said, she looks very pretty in the entire sets of clothing she's being put into/she chooses for herself... I just hope she does something about her hair for her forehead. :alpacaworry: