• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/09/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Dakota's videos

641 posts in this topic

Posted

In that video, the way she wears her hat and styles her hair around her ear just looks like the "old Taylor" look. Though personally I do think Taylor did wear it better than Dakota.

Dakotahat.thumb.png.05787282db169cb92120

Taylor.thumb.png.d475df8f1315a6d837246ec

Posted

Posted

Yeah, no comment.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Posted

Let's start with good points of the new video:

- music is nice and Dakota's good at picking nice scenery shots;

- her Japanese sounds great - despite being a native English speaker she doesn't have that horrible accent that jvloggers who are native English speakers have;

- her unedited face is much prettier than her shoops

5abce6cbcc8b7__(3).thumb.png.bb2713b75d95abce6fcd37c5__(4).thumb.png.dfbdddceded

Bad points:

- the horrible shooping really undermines all the good points

5abce6efdfe3d_.thumb.png.9d82aee03061c165abce6b690144__(1).thumb.png.7969956d18b5abce6e126bc7__(6).thumb.png.d2c21da42f85abce6c009297__(2).thumb.png.0b1e18c5eaf

Posted

Looks like the reason why she deleted the valentine hair video is because she fucked up the warped lens too much.....not because she was never going to use it again. She is still using that feature and will continue to do so  

So I'm tired pretending she will learn from her mistakes. she never learns because she cannot handle criticism. she only cherry picks compliments. its stupid and annoying for her to show her candid face and shopped warped face in the same video like no one will notice. and that bullshit leukemia story shows she wont change.  

Posted

I don't get it, even within the same video she makes herself look like a complete different person. She shopped the hell out of those first shots, while she looks almost unshopped towards the end of the video

Posted

Maybe it's her strange way of admitting she is using photoshop/adobe aftereffects so that in conlucsion even the last clueless person get it.

It feels she is trying to come across edgy and creative with her current video style and is not realising that it is simply weird.

Posted

Yeah, no comment.

1.jpg

2.jpg

whats that thing in red circle actually? Is it a hand, or...? What is it?

Posted

whats that thing in red circle actually? Is it a hand, or...? What is it?

Vacuum cleaner.

No seriously it's just her jacket sleeve but it's going through crazy distortion like everything else on the edges of the footage. Result of some zoom artifacts (dolly zoom effect?) or post processing weirdness.

Posted

Vacuum cleaner.

No seriously it's just her jacket sleeve but it's going through crazy distortion like everything else on the edges of the footage. Result of some zoom artifacts (dolly zoom effect?) or post processing weirdness.

I bet she's using some crazy lens to her close ups that is supposed to squish her face and make her look like a kid. Notice how she's using it only in close ups and how that wraps up edges of the picture around the object that is in the centre of the frame (her face). I think this is why she has her face edited in some frames, unedited in others in the same video. Using this lens only works in close ups because it would mess too much of a background if she used it in normal wide shot.

Posted

New video. I guess it's her new concept - super-warped face in the beginning, and by the end she doesn't bother with editing. It's almost like watching two different people.

Posted

It's fun if you come up with the narrative that the video starts with Koota the alien stalking Dakota the human in the hopes to eventually kill her and take her place.

Posted

At least music is pretty cool.

Posted

I wonder if we can find the original video. It's obvious she's only showing mostly pictures of her back and not much close ups of her face. Whomever filmed for her is awful with the camera. It's like they were told not to film too closely. At one part, the camera was perfectly focused at one point, then zoomed way back when she turned sideways. Plus her face is shown for a split second then cut out.

Posted (edited)

She cuts her head on purpose?

008D72BE-2FDD-4187-A022-6672348B2019.jpeg

353BDDFF-841C-4496-94A2-A1B1E8DAC418.jpeg

Edited by vulpix