Dakota's videos

515 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe she did some post production editing after adding in the background?

You're probably right... But I just can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong with the background. Something just doesn't feel right.

I've also checked google a little and there are many questions asking how to eliminate the ''actor outline'' when shooting in front of a blue/green screen. The same effect Dakota seems to have in this video...

It does look a bit... still? I don't know how to explain it. It looks like there's no movement at all in the background. It looks a bit off. I have to agree with you on that! 

Posted

I wish I could be that minimalist but I have so much shit xD My room looks so cluttered lol 

Posted

So she doesn't cook at all? Seems she has all this plushies near stove oven, isn't that dangerous? 

Posted

The image quality is horrible, but check out the wiggling Hello Kitty pillow...

I've left the time stamp in, in case you guys would like to see it happen in the original video too.

giffy.thumb.gif.c984c78ec1521abf633b98cf

Additionally, I've noticed something else. The visual quality of the background and Dakota herself are extremely different and our pure kawaii elf goddesu seems to have a weird blueish line around her. I'm inclining to believe that she's shot this in front of a green screen and added the background later on. That would make the editing job a lot easier.

I still can't shake the feeling that the background is extremely lifeless and picturesque... Meh, I don't know. What say you?

EDIT: BAHAHAHAHAHA HELLO KITTY'S NOSE!!!

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT IT AND LAUGH!

truuuuuuuue another thing to point out is if she so bright where is her shadow on this bed. The lighting doesn't match up. And as well if she's sitting on the bed there should be forms of increasing and shadows to go with on the bed. And that door look at the freak in movement. Seems as if they tried cchanging its color with the brush tool and lowered opacity where it can overlap it or forgot it's name but it can change the objects color in videos but it's also not so clean and can overlap but omg blurring is not blending that mistake and they can't say bad quality cause she's clearly hd:beardo:

Posted

Yeah, true, it looks indeed a bit weird :c As she doesn't interact at all with her environment, we can't be sure, but this is a bit suspicious (like, for example, Taylor shoots her video sitting on her bed, it looks more natural). Here it doesn't even look like she's sitting on the bed.... idk it's weird, is she sitting on a chair in front of her bed ? Did she wait a year for a new video because she was trying to master this bluescreen technique ?

Posted

This video is really disappointing to be honest.

Posted

Yeah, true, it looks indeed a bit weird :c As she doesn't interact at all with her environment, we can't be sure, but this is a bit suspicious (like, for example, Taylor shoots her video sitting on her bed, it looks more natural). Here it doesn't even look like she's sitting on the bed.... idk it's weird, is she sitting on a chair in front of her bed ? Did she wait a year for a new video because she was trying to master this bluescreen technique ?

She seems to be sitting on a stool or something in front of the bed, not the actual bed. Her angle is completely off to be sitting on the bed and there's absolutely no movement in the sheets etc.

But she's also showed her room in the camera tour. There's really not much space in where she's supposedly sitting.

Can her light box/reflector, camera set up and chair etc really fit in there?

I don't know much about shooting videos and I know that the lens that's used etc determine many of the factors... But usually, how far is the camera and light set up from the filmed subject? Does anyone have any experience?

Posted

Hello~
My laptop has been broken for almost a year. I finally fixed it with magic(6 hours of trial and error and wiping the entire thing). I have been living off my phone and kind of forgot about Youtube.
Also,
I suck at translating. Next video I will film in English. Sorry.
I am basically just complaining about the problems I had moving. I moved this year in March.
A lot of buildings do not accept "celebrities" or people in the entertainment industry over here. Understandable...but infuriating.

Thank you

Insta: koti.rose
Twiter: dakotakoti

*TRANSLATION*

Hello~
After getting everything I wanted out of Japan from my previous YouTube videos, I was gone from the site for almost a year. But after seeing that
Taylor is getting all the attention I SHOULD be, I’ve decided to make another one.

Also,

Do you see how good my glorious Nipponese is now? I’ll film the next video in English just like Taylor though.

*shows off that I am a “celebrity” when the more realistic thing to say is that a lot of buildings do not accept foreigners in general*
Understandable..but infuriating

Thank you

Insta: koti.rose
Twiter: dakotakoti

Let the fight begin :harharplz:

dt.png

Is there going to be a "who can edit" more fight? Thats how the bluescreen makes it seem

Posted

At least Taylor has skin color

Posted

Yeah honestly I'm starting to think that Taylor looks better in her videos than Dakota...

Also just realized that their names both have 6 letters. This chicken fight is meant to begin.

Posted

I highly doubt she could set up a light box, a reflector and her camera all in that tiny room while filming... I have two light boxes and a reflector that I use to take pictures. My room used to be quite small, (not anymore fortunately!) similar to hers. It was SUCH a pain trying to make enough space for me to take selfies. I had to position it extremely close to my face, but even then it was such a pain! That's with only using one light box and my reflector! I kept the other one hidden. Typically, you're supposed to set them up a few feet away from the subject. But she places her light box directly in front of her with her camera right beneath it. Judging from what little room she has, there's no way. Unless shes using a stool in front of a green screen with an image of her room in the background. Heh heh...

Posted

I remember a video where they showed that Dakota holds the reflector in her lap

Posted

Yeah, I know which video you're talking about. But it's extremely smooth so it can easily slide off. Especially if it just stays on your lap. (TRUST ME! I'VE TRIED!) xD So you have to hold it steady with your hands, or reflector stand/holder thingy. I'm not sure what it's called... the way she's able to use both of her hands, means she's probably got it set up somewhere steady. But in that small space, I can't imagine where... anyway, that's just my speculation. If she's figured out a way to do, gurl bettah share! Sharing is caring! >:0 

Posted

Let the fight begin :harharplz:

dt.png

Place your bets! :happee:

Though I'm thinking Kota will wreck Taylor...