Dakota's videos

519 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

O.M.G do you see how many pairs of shoes she has... they are so cute! On another note, it took her 10 months to upload a new video due to her laptop being broken? ... really :Alpacaconfused:? It takes that long to fix a laptop? Why not just take it in to have someone fix it? 

Edited by Onigiri

Posted

white everyuthing is so white ogm my eyes

the pillow in the back moves when her hair gets closer to it or it is just me?

Maybe because she wants to edit everything without getting caught again

Posted

Oh dear god she looks ugly!! Like if you smoothed out the wrinkles on an old person who recently died! Her skin looks dead in color too!

Posted

LOL okay, so

Dakota is responding in English to many comments
AND
Dakota made a personal video

She is obviously in a competition with TAYLOR now

Wow and Beckii Cruel commented on her video too

Posted

Ok, FFS. She' not even trying anymore.

In the first minute or two, her Hello Kitty pillow and her bedhead are periodically coming to life and moving around when her head gets close to them.

Plus, @7:20, a second or two after her finger enters the frame, Hello Kitty's ear does a wiggle on it's own.

Japan is awesome, isn't it? Even pillows come to life in grorious Nipponland!

Posted

In the first minute or two, her Hello Kitty pillow and her bedhead are periodically coming to life and moving around when her head gets close to them.

Plus, @7:20, a second or two after her finger enters the frame, Hello Kitty's ear does a wiggle on it's own.

I never catch the funny stuff going on in the background before someone point it out, so thankyou for mentioning it! :meowplz: 

Why does she even try :notimp:

ext.thumb.png.b75a3bddc419113ba5b08c2b99

Posted

I KNEW IT ! 

my eyes aren't broken

Posted

The dancing chin is back guys!!

kota.png

Posted (edited)

Notice though she editing her face to slowly video by vid to resemble how she looks in real life. She still looks like an alien :notimp: but in ae you can upload 3 of same vids and erase each to make 3 layers. Example. Background to edit that. Body to slim and distort and face to apply this.  Which the eraser tool not perfect but will result in that infamous wiggly chin(cause key frame to key frame of trying to make same chin). Or wiggly whatever. That or go easy rout liquify tool draw dots on your face and edit the width of what falls into the area of the dots cause to me that acts like a coordinate plan like the puppet tool. Then blur  and apply lighting blah blah. But seems she layers the vids. Think of it as if working with a Photoshop with numerous layers. I mean her edges are so blurry it seems she up'd same vid and erased that to carve her chin cause eraser tool gives blurry edges tool but this is a theory.:haiplz:

Edited by beforeNafter...o-o

Posted

If she really wants to get in competition with Taylor now, the funny thing is that Taylor is filming herself, even when she is walking aroud, moving alot. Dakota (of course) didnt do it because of her heavy editing style all the time. In the Taylor thread I wrote, that Taylor is just editing her videos heavy, when it comes to close ups (the video quality and her face changes alot than), but at least she is trying her "best" not to be a lifeless puppet infront of the caemera. But I think Taylor still tries to edit her videos even if she is moving (just not as heavy as in her close ups), because you can notice some editing mistakes like an enlarging forehead, suddenly growing eyes etc. So maybe Dakota could do that too :harharplz:

Posted

The image quality is horrible, but check out the wiggling Hello Kitty pillow...

I've left the time stamp in, in case you guys would like to see it happen in the original video too.

giffy.thumb.gif.c984c78ec1521abf633b98cf

Additionally, I've noticed something else. The visual quality of the background and Dakota herself are extremely different and our pure kawaii elf goddesu seems to have a weird blueish line around her. I'm inclining to believe that she's shot this in front of a green screen and added the background later on. That would make the editing job a lot easier.

I still can't shake the feeling that the background is extremely lifeless and picturesque... Meh, I don't know. What say you?

I find this weird too! I don't think that a light box would make a blue tint around her either, but why would a green screen emit a blue tint like that? I would think it would be green. Correct me if i'm wrong, but they do make Blue screens, right? 

Posted

I find this weird too! I don't think that a light box would make a blue tint around her either, but why would a green screen emit a blue tint like that? I would think it would be green. Correct me if i'm wrong, but they do make Blue screens, right? 

Yup, I checked it on google and it turns out that there are also blue screens.

I just remembered that in badly done green screen productions there was always a rainbowy line around the person in front of the camera.

Similar to the line in the following image. It's a little more extreme than Dakota's, but there's a blue and magenta hue around the man.

I guess it's got something to do with RGB levels. I don't know the technicality of what happens, but the camera seems to pick up a lot more blue and red than it's supposed to in the border of the man and the green screen. Like the image is trying to balance itself out because it's predominantly green. That may be why there's a blueish hue surrounding her.

670px-Use-a-Green-Screen-Step-3.jpg

Posted

Blue can also be used as a screen :v

But if she really did that, then why would the background be a bit wiggly ? I would rather say that the blue line is a consequence of overexposure (maybe ?) and/or bad camera adjustments.

(also, I have to admit her apartment looks really nice. I feel a bit jealous :c )

Posted

Blue can also be used as a screen :v

But if she really did that, then why would the background be a bit wiggly ? I would rather say that the blue line is a consequence of overexposure (maybe ?) and/or bad camera adjustments.

(also, I have to admit her apartment looks really nice. I feel a bit jealous :c )

Maybe she did some post production editing after adding in the background?

You're probably right... But I just can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong with the background. Something just doesn't feel right.

I've also checked google a little and there are many questions asking how to eliminate the ''actor outline'' when shooting in front of a blue/green screen. The same effect Dakota seems to have in this video...