• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Dakota's videos

468 posts in this topic

Posted

Did she get surgery or loose alot of weight??

Posted

The camera angle looks distorted. It's dizzying! @_@ The music was nice but the video was so boring. I skipped through most of it.

Posted (edited)

Does somebody know the song? (She is never crediting what she is using as music in her vids). And I have to say I liked her in the last outfit, she looked cute there. But yeah, it was boring, but at least very short! And since it was a photo shoot, I would love to see how she actually looked like :haiplz:

Edited by amayuchan

Posted

Does somebody know the song? (She is never crediting what she is using as music in her vids). 

The song is 'Time' from the Persona 3 portable OST (Sung by Mayumi Fujita, composers Shoji Meguro, Reiko Tanaka).

The thing is that the tempo has been slowed by about 15 % (perhaps to avoid copyright issues, or just because it happens to sound fantastic like that). I found the mp3 online, converted it to wav, and slowed it by about that much and it's quite close. The problem is that doing so introduces artifacts (scratchy instruments), and however it was slowed for this video was substantially smoother. I still haven't figured that part out yet.

Posted (edited)

I think Koots could easily just slowly phase out of the dolly look into a normal aesthetic like Taylor did. Taylor made a complete fool out of herself during the doll days, but look at her now - she's almost back to her original down to earth beautiful hong kong days. None of her fans really questioned her about it. Koots could do the same thing, but she's so pitifully insecure I doubt we'd ever see it. 

I think the theory that Taylor comes from a better family is good food for thought, but I think a big chunk of it was because Taylor was an easy target since she was copying Koots. Audrey (former gaijin model who dropped social media after getting preggers) got a lot shit from Kiki/Koots. Emily (lovelymilky) got blocked Koots a while back. They just have a weird history of giving shit to any beautiful foreigner model in Japan. However since taylor was trying to get popular she had to put herself out there more than compared to the other Kiki victims, so she ended up being a main target.

Dakota better figure out something soon, tbh, it seems like she's fading into unpopularity. Unless the sugar daddy rumor is true then it's w/e i guess

Edited by Athena

Posted

I think Koots could easily just slowly phase out of the dolly look into a normal aesthetic like Taylor did. Taylor made a complete fool out of herself during the doll days, but look at her now - she's almost back to her original down to earth beautiful hong kong days. None of her fans really questioned her about it. Koots could do the same thing, but she's so pitifully insecure I doubt we'd ever see it. 

I think the theory that Taylor comes from a better family is good food for thought, but I think a big chunk of it was because Taylor was an easy target since she was copying Koots. Audrey (former gaijin model who dropped social media after getting preggers) got a lot shit from Kiki/Koots. Emily (lovelymilky) got blocked Koots a while back. They just have a weird history of giving shit to any beautiful foreigner model in Japan. However since taylor was trying to get popular she had to put herself out there more than compared to the other Kiki victims, so she ended up being a main target.

Dakota better figure out something soon, tbh, it seems like she's fading into unpopularity. Unless the sugar daddy rumor is true then it's w/e i guess

What Dakota should do is go back to the old days when she was popular here in the USA, actually she was even popular in Mexico (I remember the news talking about her for a while as the "living doll") she had forgotten that what got her popular was youtube and people who can understand what she is saying. She obviously wants to get rid of that demographic, she doesn't speak english in her videos nor puts subtitles. I don't know if it is because when she left to Japan there was a good amount of people that spoke about her lie behind every video she posted. They knew about her past and those videos she recorded with Dako and how her mom was not the best, and now that that drama has diminished she may be afraid that it will come back and thats probably why she stopped Youtube for a while. 

I would do the same, if I was Dako, the only problem is that Youtube was the place she got famous from. If she was still on there she would be making the same income as Venus if not more. I would be interested to know the life of a model in Japan, it would be something new; a side of Japan that we don't know considering that Dako is more popular than Taylor. I would probably even forget that she edits her face on her videos and that she has done what she did.

Even now that she is back to youtube she is still having problems with viewers trying to get the Japanese to watch her videos but she is forgetting that the ones that want to watch her can't understand her. 

------

What I would like to know though is how famous she is in Japan? 

Posted (edited)

I just noticed that some of her videos in YouTube have been deleted @_@ The last ones that had over a million views + other old ones.

Edited by Kissy

Posted (edited)

I would be interested to know the life of a model in Japan, it would be something new; a side of Japan that we don't know considering that Dako is more popular than Taylor. I would probably even forget that she edits her face on her videos and that she has done what she did.

------

The only foreigner model thats pretty open about behind the scene stuff is Emily (lovelymilky), she's not mega famous but she does pretty well and hustles for it. She lives in an average sized apartment with her husband and lives a fairly normal life. Audrey (denshahime?) used to be really open about it, she'd used to talk about the cons/darker side of modeling in Japan/hong kong but she quit social media after getting pregnant. Taylor has a rich boyfriend and models once in a blue moon (for the sake of keeping her visa) so she lives the least realistic of a true foreigner model's life in Japan. Emily did say on her youtube channel that'd she make videos about modeling in Japan, which I'm hoping she'll do, I think it'll be hella interesting and will bring something new the table unlike the rest of the jvlogger clique

Dakota is kind of a talent so she should be making slightly more, but I'm not sure. To be honest, I don't think Dakota is that famous, she's at the bottom of the barrel imo. But in my head, famous to me is like Rola, Becky, Leah Dizon, etc - but Japan will always favor mixed girls over pure caucasian foreigners imo.

I think Dakota could've done better, but her insecurities just got the best of her

Edited by Athena

Posted (edited)

Dakota is kind of a talent so she should be making slightly more, but I'm not sure. To be honest, I don't think Dakota is that famous, she's at the bottom of the barrel imo. But in my head, famous to me is like Rola, Becky, Leah Dizon, etc - but Japan will always favor mixed girls over pure caucasian foreigners imo.

I think Dakota could've done better, but her insecurities just got the best of her

I feel like she actually had a really good chance to be become famous, but she messed it up by lying about being able to speak Japanese when she first came to Japan.  

Her first year in Japan was the crucial one because that's when she was still famous(more like notorious) on the internet and everyone was interested in her.I remember her first commercial's bts and Tv appearances and her speaking English, and people were surprised because she claimed she could speak Japanese. Only later she finally learned Japanese but it was obviously too late - she had already lost the momentum by that time.

Sure, she still managed to get a good amount of jobs and Japan was pretty forgiving that she didn't look exactly like her photos, so I think  if she was fluent/semi-fluent(like she claimed she was) she could have gotten much more famous. 

Edited by papercrane

Posted

What Dakota should do is go back to the old days when she was popular here in the USA, actually she was even popular in Mexico (I remember the news talking about her for a while as the "living doll") she had forgotten that what got her popular was youtube and people who can understand what she is saying. She obviously wants to get rid of that demographic, she doesn't speak english in her videos nor puts subtitles. I don't know if it is because when she left to Japan there was a good amount of people that spoke about her lie behind every video she posted. They knew about her past and those videos she recorded with Dako and how her mom was not the best, and now that that drama has diminished she may be afraid that it will come back and thats probably why she stopped Youtube for a while. 

I would do the same, if I was Dako, the only problem is that Youtube was the place she got famous from. If she was still on there she would be making the same income as Venus if not more. I would be interested to know the life of a model in Japan, it would be something new; a side of Japan that we don't know considering that Dako is more popular than Taylor. I would probably even forget that she edits her face on her videos and that she has done what she did.

Even now that she is back to youtube she is still having problems with viewers trying to get the Japanese to watch her videos but she is forgetting that the ones that want to watch her can't understand her. 

------

Since she is doing more vlogging videos, I feel like if she added english subs and such, and maybe just talked about modelling itself in Japan, how she began learning japanese, helpful tips & tricks on learning and understanding the language and maybe even the differences between the US and Japan, that could easily get her kinda relevant and interesting again, and I know I'm not the only one always looking at those kinds of videos (except maybe the modelling one, but if she did that I'd still watch it anyway.) I know she doesn't talk much about herself, which I can get why and it's her choice, but there's still ways to make videos that are interesting. And even though there's soooo many tutorial videos on her channel it wouldn't hurt to do a cute one again once in awhile, but mix it up, which she has slowly started :lamaheadshake: I hope she has put it into consideration cause I'd hate to see her go downhill more

Posted

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this video of Dakota or not (please delete this if it's already been posted or talked about!) but I found this "casting video" of Dakota. Probably from her older eras, judging from her face.

What kinda made me laugh about this video is how her legs were kinda shaking during the full body shots. Hahaha.

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this video of Dakota or not (please delete this if it's already been posted or talked about!) but I found this "casting video" of Dakota. Probably from her older eras, judging from her face.

What kinda made me laugh about this video is how her legs were kinda shaking during the full body shots. Hahaha.

Thoughts?

36308883.jpg

Edited by Jabvu

Posted

You know I just noticed that in her last video Dako looked like a barbie but when u press her head in. I dunno if that makes sense, but when I thought about it I thought it was hilarious!

Posted (edited)

You know I just noticed that in her last video Dako looked like a barbie but when u press her head in. I dunno if that makes sense, but when I thought about it I thought it was hilarious!

Omg I totally get what you mean, as a child when you would press the Barbie's head in and her eyes would stretch much bigger and bug-eyed while her nose would be pinched/scrunched in! Hahaha. Very Kooter-esque. :alpacawink:

So, like, I suck at having the ability to point out bad editing. The shakiness in her legs in that video was due to poor/wonky editing, right? Or was she really shaking? 

her legs were kinda shaking during the full body shots 

Edited by dreaminjapanese
~spelling

Posted

Omg I totally get what you mean, as a child when you would press the Barbie's head in and her eyes would stretch much bigger and bug-eyed while her nose would be pinched/scrunched in! Hahaha. Very Kooter-esque. :alpacawink:

So, like, I suck at having the ability to point out bad editing. The shakiness in her legs in that video was due to poor/wonky editing, right? Or was she really shaking? 

I think it was both. She didn't seem to be standing very still and kept bending her legs slightly. however, at some points she seemed to sway sideways in a wonky manner, which was probably due to imperfect editing.

btw I love the skirt and heels.