• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

Dakota's videos

445 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi! Iv been reading this site for a while now and finally made an account. I agree that the music in her last video is nice, does anyone know the name of it? Iv been shazaming and soundhounding it like crazy and cant find a thing. Also, her top lip is just getting unbearable at this point smh. I sometimes wish I could fast forward 20 years just to see what she will end up doing because she cant keep this little game up forever. I also think the only reason she started making videos again is because she is losing he title as "American Kawaii Queen" to Taylor R. which makes sense because I feel like taylor is more personable. Yea she has her flaws but at least the girl speaks English in her videos lol She is already ahead of her in social media followers and she is catching up when it comes to subscriber count...I wonder if they have ever met? Idk...I'll give Kota maybe 2 more years tops? at this rate she is becoming boring and only known for her photoshop.

I agree, she has slowly started to loose her entire English demographic due to only catering to her Japanese one... she has already hit her peak long ago and is gradually loosing relevance. That's why all these threads about her have started to slow down and are not as active anymore.

Posted

I agree, she has slowly started to loose her entire English demographic due to only catering to her Japanese one... she has already hit her peak long ago and is gradually loosing relevance. That's why all these threads about her have started to slow down and are not as active anymore.

Will be fun when she come out of the "right" age  and then lose the Japanese fans :D She will be left alone, because of this.

Posted

Please someone find the name of that song it's driving me mad!

Posted

Does anybody have an extra link or had downloaded Dakota's video of her showing her appartment? I think she had deleted the video.

Posted

Who noticed the black dot near her right eye at 1:11 in her last video? :alpacaconfused::megusta: o.O

Posted

First I wanted to say that this will probably be my first and my last post in this thread (except for further replies if it is convenient).
(I'm just gonna address some things that I find important)

Let's just say that I don't really have a interest for Dakota Rose anymore. I've watched her a couple of times before when I was more into the cute looks and stuff (a long time ago), but I gradually stopped watching her videos when I felt that she was too distant from her viewers and worrying too much about "being perfect" almost in a non-human way.

After reading so much about her in the last years of my life and watching videos and reading threads explaining about her background story with her sister and all that stuff I kinda gave up on even trying to discuss her. I am probably being pessimistic when I say this, but, as far as I know, these type of people are not gonna change really soon, so I don't think my opinion will change them in any sort of way - don't get me wrong, I know that PULL's goal, in this case, is not to change them, but to open our eyes and to not be fooled by them.

Then... I'm gonna talk about the thoughts that I had while I watched one of her newest videos (even though it was posted in August 25th I'm sorry, I'm a bit late) after months without even entering her channel.

My first thought was... well, exactly the same:

I've just caught up that Kota has vlogged in a style not unlike Taylor's [...]

I have a feeling that there was a time Taylor was inspired by Kotakoti. Wait, I'm not saying she still does it. I know that Taylor acted super different in the past, but I believe she got over this and it's getting better today. Plus, I could be wrong because the two of them inspire themselves by japanese pop fashion, so it's not a surprise to find similarities. Either way, that's OT.

Specially after that thread about her sister Kirsten (getting caught sockpuppeting) makes me believe that the two sisters saw Taylor as a threat or maybe they just felt jealous or something and then Dakota decided make vlogs like Taylor to show that she could make too (?) (well, I don't really think there's a logical reason for it, but I do believe it still exists, no matter what reason is)

But then suddenly something hit me right in my forehead.

cut.thumb.png.4a0d47544af7218b35776f8405

I thought I could find in this thread about her cut scars, but I didn't. I only found about the color of her skin and about her veins and bruises.
(That's definitely cut scars, 1:27 - 1:32. The quality doesn't really help, so it's hard to see or maybe I'm crazy and I'm seeing stuff, I would be really upset if I am )

I realize that even her doing all sort of stuff that I don't agree with, it doesn't mean she doesn't suffer inside trying to be the perfect girl.

If you read all the way down here, congratulations. I hope I didn't waste your time. :alpacaworry:

Posted

@kuroi:

you're right, they do look like scars from self harm, I wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't pointed them out. I tried to make them more visible with photoshop, but don't know if I was successful:

1.thumb.png.cd0ff20595dac696c5f915349e95

I also found later in the video another weird round shaped scar she has on the same hand, it kinda looks like a cigarette burn to me? Or maybe it's an old scar from an accident, but here it is:

2.thumb.png.fd41eadf8ee4c5f45a0d77b3e714

Posted (edited)

@kuroi:

you're right, they do look like scars from self harm, I wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't pointed them out. I tried to make them more visible with photoshop, but don't know if I was successful:

I also found later in the video another weird round shaped scar she has on the same hand, it kinda looks like a cigarette burn to me? Or maybe it's an old scar from an accident, but here it is:

Don't know about the round one but the lines might be from the burn she posted on her tumblr years ago.

tumblr_liocpi5d2O1qe5elko1_500.jpg

Edited by Vivi

Posted

@kuroi:

She definitely has some weird marks going on. And I'm sad to say that I found more then one of those types. It looks like something like vacuum marks?

scars.thumb.png.a8b2c03aa0ec692d62f9797d

Posted

#savedakotajoyce

:haiplz:

Posted

Hidden Content

She definitely has some weird marks going on. And I'm sad to say that I found more then one of those types. It looks like something like vacuum marks?

scars.thumb.png.a8b2c03aa0ec692d62f9797d

Those look like cigarette burns for me. I got them once, looked the same, slightly more red but other than that pretty similar

Posted

Asked my mom who's a doctor. She said it's very likely related to an immune disorder rather than a burn (cigarette burns don't look like that)

Posted

They do look like cigarette burns 

main-qimg-4d74756a492ead9e5ed2c912a484448e-c.jpg

Posted

Herpes does look like that too... sometimes changing your body cream or perfume will make you have some kind of reaction... A friend of mine got herpes in her armpit by changing her deodorant 

Posted

Statistically speaking, people dealing with body dysmorphia do tend to struggle with self-harm moreso than most. Not stating or presuming at all that Kota's marks are self-inflicted, but I know cigarette burning was excruciatingly popular amongst the scene community way back in the day (of which she was a part), so I wouldn't rule it out completely. I've even had a few friends back in the day who'd decided to go that route to harm themselves. It's very unfortunate, and it looks so painful... However, if that is the case then her struggles and problems really do run a lot deeper, and it's both sad and worrisome (and I don't even subscribe to the girl anywhere) /: