twitch Twitch E-Girls (and E-Boys)

1338 posts in this topic

Posted

On that note, does anyone else find e-girl fashion appalling or is it just me? It's like they're all stuck in that animu weeb phase mixed with 2013 tumblr fashion and then slap on some ultraboosts/NMDs/yeezys and think they're fashion vlogger hypebeasts or something. So sick of seeing e-girls wear cringy thigh high socks with bunny/cat faces on them + garter belts + flared A-line skirts + other weird loli lookin shit regularly in public or unflattering Adidas tracksuits. Just look at pokimane/jaime/irrelevant egirl listed above/lilypichu/janet + many, many more and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Normally I'm all for wearing what makes you feel confident and good about yourself, but I just feel so perturbed by the fact that people actually think these e-girls are "fashion goalz" when objectively their fashion choices are unflattering, five seasons behind, and heavily influenced by fetish pandering/trying to appeal to dumb thirsty guys in the League community. Even more disturbed when they get actual fashion sponsors...like wtf Stadium Goods sponsoring poki, tho I guess it was a smart move on their part since the League community seems to be obsessed with Adidas even though they have no idea how to actually make it look good 90% of the time. Sorry if I offended anyone's fashion tastes, but I've just been bewildered by these egirl fashion trends for the longest time.

THIS. I've seen so many of these e-girls with Adidas merchandise, enough to look like walking Adidas advertisements. 

Posted (edited)

On that note, does anyone else find e-girl fashion appalling or is it just me? It's like they're all stuck in that animu weeb phase mixed with 2013 tumblr fashion and then slap on some ultraboosts/NMDs/yeezys and think they're fashion vlogger hypebeasts or something. So sick of seeing e-girls wear cringy thigh high socks with bunny/cat faces on them + garter belts + flared A-line skirts + other weird loli lookin shit regularly in public or unflattering Adidas tracksuits. Just look at pokimane/jaime/irrelevant egirl listed above/lilypichu/janet + many, many more and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Normally I'm all for wearing what makes you feel confident and good about yourself, but I just feel so perturbed by the fact that people actually think these e-girls are "fashion goalz" when objectively their fashion choices are unflattering, five seasons behind, and heavily influenced by fetish pandering/trying to appeal to dumb thirsty guys in the League community. Even more disturbed when they get actual fashion sponsors...like wtf Stadium Goods sponsoring poki, tho I guess it was a smart move on their part since the League community seems to be obsessed with Adidas even though they have no idea how to actually make it look good 90% of the time. Sorry if I offended anyone's fashion tastes, but I've just been bewildered by these egirl fashion trends for the longest time.

None of them bother trying to style themselves differently because none of them have the creativity, nor the inclination, to do so. They live in a culture of memes, should we really expect them to have original thoughts? 

THIS. I've seen so many of these e-girls with Adidas merchandise, enough to look like walking Adidas advertisements. 

Also, this. Soooo many of them just thirsty for that sponsorship, always bringing it up on Twitter, too. They’re like a cult, it’s creepy. They’re weird about buying team merchandise and each other’s merch, too. Back up ammo for when teams and friends fall in and out of favor no doubt.

Edited by SlyWink
added text.

Posted (edited)

Isn't adidas meant to be targeted towards people who actually work out/participate in sport to get a nice butt rather than those who sit at home working angles and photoshop in an attempt to fake a nice butt out of a flat one (i.e. poki)? 

Edited by emilia

Posted (edited)

Yeah I've been thinking about that myself too. If i had enough time and money I'd be dressing cute as hell. Especially when you're making money off of your image. I personally like cutesy styles like larme, lolita or mori fashion, but these girls really cheap out on it and end up looking basic af. They just don't know how to style themselves properly enough, like lilypichu. A cute style can be achieved as there are many nice j-fashion styles, so it's not the style itself that's wrong, they just dont know how to put on a good outfit. Most of the time, they look like they bought the cheap outfits from ebay (those generic chinese wholesale clothes) Like liquidpyro's outfit from the last page. It just screams EBAY man

Edited by BananaGun
misspell, had to add more thoughts

Posted (edited)

Omg YES I’ve been noticing this for so long and it really baffles me how they can be stuck in such an old time and not realize that everyone has moved past it already. It’s like the ulzzang trend has come back but these girls can’t even pull it off correctly...

Edited by explojin

Posted

Man one time one of my friends found a pic of Lilypichu with her ghetto ass hair and asked me if she was my inspiration for my hair (https://www.instagram.com/p/3R-AuWS525/?taken-by=lilypichu) .. I was livid and pretty offended since I had just gone to a salon and gotten an ombré/balayage or whatever. 

Posted

Man one time one of my friends found a pic of Lilypichu with her ghetto ass hair and asked me if she was my inspiration for my hair (https://www.instagram.com/p/3R-AuWS525/?taken-by=lilypichu) .. I was livid and pretty offended since I had just gone to a salon and gotten an ombré/balayage or whatever. 

why does her hair go from black to orange without any color in between :amgplz: reminds me of this lol63be59ad1a10debe97cf4d65ff6b3ed3.jpg

Posted

why does her hair go from black to orange without any color in between :amgplz: reminds me of this lol63be59ad1a10debe97cf4d65ff6b3ed3.jpg

lol seriously! I think she did her hair herself. It looks terrible. How can her friends or fans not tell her anything ??

Posted

lol seriously! I think she did her hair herself. It looks terrible. How can her friends or fans not tell her anything ??

They probably actually liked her crazy mess of a hair color, but usually her e-girl clique supports whatever she does. Lilypichu also does the same with them, since the e-girl clique mainly photoshops their own pictures, even if they look completely different in real life compared to their online selfies. Yet, they still get complimented by their group of friends and blinded fanbase.

Posted

YEAH ugh that's so bad. I was so offended bc none of those girls are like fashion goals, makeup goals or hair goals like what...?? Like suddenly being twitch famous makes you a kardashian or something. 

Posted

Ariasaki did her hair. I remember during one stream she talked about her falling out with Lilypichu (no details because she said it was personal) and admitted that she didn't do her hair nicely at all during that time. 

Posted

going to cosmetology school made me realize that a lot of people can't tell a difference from an at home done "ombre" and a salon done, blended balyage. Her hair doesn't blend from her natural color to the blonde at all. Probably why she eventually made her whole head pink. And yes, you should be a bit offended lol.

Posted

Ariasaki did her hair. I remember during one stream she talked about her falling out with Lilypichu (no details because she said it was personal) and admitted that she didn't do her hair nicely at all during that time. 

Interesting. IIRC, an older post in this thread mentioned that Ariasaki also does Lily's makeup or has done it before. Lily (partly) relies on being a kawaii animu~uwu girl all of the time, and it's sad that she can't clean up her appearance without relying on her "friend"/fellow e-girl.

Posted

Did this happen recently? Or are they friends again. I feel like I haven't seen them together lately.