• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beckii Cruel

143 posts in this topic

Posted

Iirc she stopped her beckii box around the time she moved to London. I remember a few people on lolcow that were her patrons said they never got their last few boxes and she just stopped talking about it. Not sure how true that is but it really bugs me that she just goes completely radio silent on every one of her projects after a while. She has a proper job now working for a magazine company or something so I guess she doesn't feel the need to continue with the idol shtick or any of her side projects? Maybe she just doesn't have the time? Not sure why she still continues with youtube though, I'm in the camp that her videos are too boring and that's why her engagement has dropped. Even before the apocalypse and the Logan Paul drama she was making long rants about triggered jokes and recycled conspiracy theories. There are thousands of other girls on youtube that are more well spoken, have better production and present themselves better than her that make this same content. 

She can't blame the algorithm alone for people just not taking an interest in her. Even if she doesn't want to pander to the young weeb audience she's still just bringing nothing new to the table as a creator. Maybe if she kept up with some of her side projects it would've been enough to set her apart from other youtubers? I'm not sure why she's making a video whining about the algorithm, while she's not wrong by any means it's not the only problem with her content imo. 

Posted

Iirc she stopped her beckii box around the time she moved to London. I remember a few people on lolcow that were her patrons said they never got their last few boxes and she just stopped talking about it. Not sure how true that is but it really bugs me that she just goes completely radio silent on every one of her projects after a while. 

I think I remember seeing something about that too that people had asked her what was going on with Patreon // Beckii boxes because they'd been paying and not got anything but I don't remember her ever announcing that she was stopping them after that. Like you said, she just stopped? :alpacaheadshake: It definitely seems to be a trend with her anyway. I guess it's just easier in her mind if something doesn't work out to pretend like it didn't happen. 

Posted

Iirc she stopped her beckii box around the time she moved to London. I remember a few people on lolcow that were her patrons said they never got their last few boxes and she just stopped talking about it. Not sure how true that is but it really bugs me that she just goes completely radio silent on every one of her projects after a while. She has a proper job now working for a magazine company or something so I guess she doesn't feel the need to continue with the idol shtick or any of her side projects? Maybe she just doesn't have the time? Not sure why she still continues with youtube though, I'm in the camp that her videos are too boring and that's why her engagement has dropped. Even before the apocalypse and the Logan Paul drama she was making long rants about triggered jokes and recycled conspiracy theories. There are thousands of other girls on youtube that are more well spoken, have better production and present themselves better than her that make this same content. 

She can't blame the algorithm alone for people just not taking an interest in her. Even if she doesn't want to pander to the young weeb audience she's still just bringing nothing new to the table as a creator. Maybe if she kept up with some of her side projects it would've been enough to set her apart from other youtubers? I'm not sure why she's making a video whining about the algorithm, while she's not wrong by any means it's not the only problem with her content imo. 

I tried to watch some of her videos, but I couldn't be interested.  I found them really, really boring.  I mainly wanted to support her, but her videos made that tough.  I think she doesn't know how to hold people's interest.  Her job is probably better for than the You Tube career anyway. 

Posted

I tried to watch some of her videos, but I couldn't be interested.  I found them really, really boring.  I mainly wanted to support her, but her videos made that tough.  I think she doesn't know how to hold people's interest.  Her job is probably better for than the You Tube career anyway. 

Not only that but some of her video topics are just really uninteresting to begin with and she doesn't know how to edit out the rambling. She just put out a 13 minute video about her accent and I couldn't get through the first few minutes because she kept going off on tangents. Like you I really tried, I want to like her but her content is just really boring and she doesn't know how to be concise and edit herself at all.

I'm also really disappointed in her about the patreon thing if it's true, like she just kept the money and never sent out the rewards for months? Not that the rewards were that great but it's kinda shitty and I wouldn't have expected it from her.

Posted

She got lip fillers:

Posted

I did wonder if someone was going to bump the thread with that video. You do you I guess, but didn't she post a huge long video last summer about how people didn't need to alter their looks with cosmetic procedures because they were beautiful the way they are? :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

It's pretty obvious. But don't think she needed them before... Ah well. 

Posted

Ive noticed she has private most of her videos too. 

And it’s interesting how a few days after posting a video about her lip fillers, Kelsey posted a video about lip fillers. :/ Is lip fillers the new trend or something? 

Posted

^I think it's just the bandwagon of their friend group? I have noticed if one of them does something that looks trendy the others do too. Kelsey and Beckii both got their fillers from the same person too. Looks like Beckii has had her lips done for a while but just came out publicly but then suddenly Kelsey does it. I think Kelsey just likes jumping on what's a trend to make her channel get popular because at this point her channel has no vocal point. All of her videos are all over the place atm.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if anyone else got this vibe from her new video but the whole thing felt like one where shes like no one watches my videos any more but my best friend has gone viral so if I make a random video with her in it people might watch my videos.  However, also one where shes like if I chuck in some memes and click bait a popular youtuber that might help too. Like I honestly have no idea why her vlog is called casey neistat is QUAKING!!! As she literally says the line as part of a shot shes trying to make useable its not even the main point of her video. The video description doesn't even tell you what the video about other than whos in it and how to go see blade runner. 

Im also not a fan of her "new style of editing" which in some places just seemed forced.  A few time I found myself thinking why have you overlayed that it doesn't look right.  Plus this video doesn't even fit with the rest of the videos on her channel as its so different. she rarely ever vlogs yet alone make normal videos as the "algorithm " is against her. So I feel like people who don't watch her other videos are gonna be shocked when they find out this isn't her normal kinda content. However, she has got over 2k views in under 24 hours which is possibly a new high in terms of recent Beckii videos. So I do wonder if this video does "well" will this be the direction she takes her channel in?

Edited by sea

Posted

I know what you mean, @sea.

I just watched her newest video, and she is kind of all over the place in her video. I mean, it's cool that she tries to do something new with her editing, but during the first minute I watched (didn't make it longer because the video was kinda annoying) she came off as kinda bitchy. And being funny is not her forte either imo.

I like her, but this new direction of her editing style and videos is not my thing.

Posted

Recently found out that Gemma Cruel is now a Japanese gravure model. Its kinda ironic when you consider how she was grossed out by the cheeky comments on her dance videos when she was 16. It makes me wonder if she felt pressured into it to remain relevant in Japan (I hope not because that would be very sad) I'm not hating, just thought others would be interested to know

Instagram - Official Website - Youtube 

Is there any word on what happened to Sarah Cruel? I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious

Posted

Recently found out that Gemma Cruel is now a Japanese gravure model. Its kinda ironic when you consider how she was grossed out by the cheeky comments on her dance videos when she was 16. It makes me wonder if she felt pressured into it to remain relevant in Japan (I hope not because that would be very sad) I'm not hating, just thought others would be interested to know

Instagram - Official Website - Youtube 

Is there any word on what happened to Sarah Cruel? I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious

Ive seen she was doing gravure in a 4chan thread and it's kind of sad that she has to that kind of work? It's like she wonders if there is nothing else for her to do in Japan apart from that kind of work? She is cute but she would have been to awkward to have been an idol on her own. I remember watching the BBC3 documentary a week ago with Gemma and her Mum cringing at the men commenting on her videos with the upskirt comments. I wonder what her Mum thinks about her doing that kind of work.

Posted

omg it kind of breaks my heart seeing how the lives of Beckii and Gemma turned out(what does Beckii do anyways? Does she have any sort of stable income?)... As a kid I was a fan of Beckii back in 2009ish when she got famous for the first time in Japan. I remember watching every dance videos of hers (it still bugs me that she took all of them down, ehhh) and wanting those half-gloves she wore in her danjoo video so badly lol. 

Imao she should have gone to college when her videos started losing views, majoring in game design or media etc. Being a former internet celebrity and youtuber certainly would help a lot. In an old interview her dad once stated that he feared all the fame would do her no good once she lost it all. Looking back he was probably right.:(

Posted

Apparently Beckii made a new channel called Ginger. The videos are....interesting. Is it me or does she talk to fast? Makes me wonder how long she’ll keep this channel afloat.

She never really gave an exact answer as to what her job really is. Something to do with social media I think? She put that video on private also. 

I’m happy she’s trying something new, at the same time, I’m kinda sad she privated a LOT of her vlogs. I did enjoy watching them. And whatever happened to her fashion line?