• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beckii Cruel

143 posts in this topic

Posted

☆Link dump☆

Youtube

Twitter

Facebook

I'm pretty sure everyone knows who Beckii is on here but for those who don't, she is a girl from the Isle of Man who got extremely popular in Japan in 2009 after her Danjo dance cover went viral. Her youtube was originally just dance covers and she was really popular in Japan for a few years but that popularity has waned now she is older. She now uploads under the name Beckii on youtube and uploads mostly j-fashion and makeup videos. There is a documentary about her that was aired in 2010 in the UK called 'Beckii - schoolgirl superstar at 14'. It's on Youtube.

What do you guys think of Beckii? When she was younger I found her very egotistical and up her own backside, but I think she has mellowed out now she is older. 

Posted

for some reason i think she still over dramatizes her fame and such, but just doesn't talk about it as much. she seems to try to stay relevant rly hard bc she keeps trying to pursue new careers/hobbies and none of them seem to skyrocketed.

i remember what irked me about her is that in her thin shaming video she equaled it to being fat shamed and i'm like sweetie no.. it's not 100% the same. and didn't she say skinny was a bad word in that video? i could be wrong it was a while ago that i've seen it but ugh. i remember from PULL 1.0 that apparently her social justice stuff half of the time wasn't completely credible 

Posted

She is so boring now.... nothing expecial nor interested neither in apparence or talent just plain vanilla in all sense. 

Posted

....ugly:derp:

Posted

...that nail art just looks like a bunch of different colored potatoes.

Posted

free her.png

Posted

I like Beckii fine, despite her not doing anything particularly interesting imo.... but her nails make me wince. Sorry... it's just... she grows them out so long and it's like she attempts to shape them but they wind up kinda crooked, or they just grow crooked? and then when one breaks, she doesn't cut the rest to even them out and that just makes them look weirder to me D: I know, it's a really shallow thing to throw shade over (but then again, shade throwing in general is shallow so, meh)... but I have this thing about finger nails and toe nails weirding me out easily anyways and hers are just really off putting for me :alpacaworry:

Posted (edited)

(sorry I posted in the wrong topic, I don't know how to delete)

Edited by Berrycake

Posted

I have no problem with Beckii. I did try out her pin curl hair tutorial because my hair cannot hold curls for long. And I was surprised her method really worked for me. :) I just wish she didn't filter her make up tutorials so much, because I could barely see the how the product looks on her. (This is true with her everyday "dolly" make up). Other than that, she's alright to me.

Posted

I like beckii. Yeah her odd video about body shaming was odd that she would say things about how skinny she was. She always uses in her photos like ..how do I explain. She poses in a way to make her legs look skinnier and pops her collar bones. Idk beckii is also trying to jump on the lizlisa dolly look now that everyone is going for it.

Posted

Have you seen her unfortunate fashion line? ._. 
It came out in April this year, and I've just noticed that everything is on sale. Ouch. 
I think she's making a good effort as a twenty year old for becoming an entrepreneur. I commend her for her accomplishments, I just think her Japan days are over. 
She doesn't seem to have much individuality. 
But she seems really nice, I just think her fashion videos are kind of boring...andddd the rest of her videos too. 

bcky.jpg

Posted

Have you seen her unfortunate fashion line? ._. 
It came out in April this year, and I've just noticed that everything is on sale. Ouch. 
I think she's making a good effort as a twenty year old for becoming an entrepreneur. I commend her for her accomplishments, I just think her Japan days are over. 
She doesn't seem to have much individuality. 
But she seems really nice, I just think her fashion videos are kind of boring...andddd the rest of her videos too. 

bcky.jpg

If there's one thing I'd buy from her fashion line, it would probably be the silk head scarf only. That's the only item I like, everything else, the blade dress looks unique, but I don't like the pattern for it. I honestly preferred her past fashion lines than this one.

Posted

Ehh yeah I'm not a fan of these pieces either, paisley isn't really my thing, and these designs all kind of look like that to me...

Posted

I like the color on the blue(and purple) outfits, but I don't like the pattern/designs. I feel like patterns like these are more fit for an older audience. Again with me, I only like the headscarf. ^^; But still pricey even with the price reduction, because I live in the US.

Posted

Yeah I remember when her fashion line debuted... was not impressed at all. I was expecting clothing similar in style to what she wears but.... I'm not even sure if I'd call these patterns stylish. Nor have I ever seen her wear them as any form of self promo, so.... I don't think she even likes her own designs? But I will commend her for at least doing something productive... just needs more thought/tweaking to appeal to her audience. Girls who follow her probably like her style, so she should be more inspired by what she likes to wear. But what do I know? 9_9