• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

"When she isn't writing, she enjoys collecting mugs, baking sweets, shooting on her vintage film camera, playing her untuned guitar, sipping hot coffee, and watching French films."

Snorted when I first read that. like, how pretentious and full of yourself can you be to describe yourself that way as a writer? not to mention that the words she uses in that and in her poetry are simply following tumblr trends for the crowd to be pleased. Most of Orion's 5 star reviews come from her own faithful fans - you'll hardly find a person who barely knew her before this, read her book and said, "Orion's words are fantastic". That's not true. From what I've seen of the book, it looks poorly written to me, like Orion just wanted to publish something so she could call herself a poet.

I was a fan of hers, but her pretentiousness has reached its peak now. She seems full of herself, especially since her 'poetry book' came out, and I know that sounds mean but I hope people wake up and stop giving it five stars, because there are so many talented poets out there who have to work their way up to the top.

One last thing: I feel that Orion never supports any poets. Lang Leav and Michael Faudet are her friends, and I think she used their fame and the fact they had published pretty good books to bring herself to the spotlight too. I've never seen her mention anything about a smaller poet, promote their work or try to help them. And that just sucks.

Posted

Dead thread but was she @oriionn or whatever ? I remember I was friends with her mutuals and she used to be on my TL a lot... I was wondering last week what she's up to now but can't find anything about her old @

Posted

Dead thread but was she @oriionn or whatever ? I remember I was friends with her mutuals and she used to be on my TL a lot... I was wondering last week what she's up to now but can't find anything about her old @

yes, that was her. she still goes by that @ on pinterest and tumblr.