• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Lilypichu

1590 posts in this topic

Posted

On the topic of the subreddit- it's a lot of shipping stuff between Lily and Michael, but I honestly think the "hype" around their relationship made the community much better. Not just them, but everyone in OTV is starting to receive genuine fan art. People make actual memes, people share unrelated memes to the community for fun. The community was absolutely dead before. I know that the mods tried pretty hard to shut down anything that was shipping them before they announced their relationship, and after a week or so I think it became very casual. Most posts seem to appreciate them and basically live vicariously through them moreso than "ship" them. If anything, this revived OTV as opposed to potentially dragging them down (unless they split, of course).

Also, I agree with you @idontknow. I understand that it's a gossip site at the end of the day and people totally have the right to dislike her, and I want to encourage anyone who has anything to say, good or bad, to voice their opinion as long as it's reasonable. Most of the criticism towards Lily on here is always the same, it's shaming her for her voice, for her plastic surgery (which she has been very open about) and her relationships, or rather the way her and Albert ended and her and Michael began.

On the other hand though, I understand if people want to voice their disdain for her and why, but I've seen relatively little comments that give genuine 'gossip' or criticism, and if people want to criticize a person that (just in my opinion, of course) has done very little harm and keeps to herself, they should be prepared to be disagreed with. Lily has grown into a pretty good person over the years (I would say), and the only reason this thread is still active is because most people on here like her and celebrate her achievements, even though we no longer have things to reasonably give her shit for. That's what usually keeps a thread relevant.

Posted (edited)

I support Lily, and I'm happy her and Michael found each other and are happy. I think they are very compatible, but I do agree that the relationship seemed a bit rushed and that he was a rebound in terms of emotional support for her, so she just kind of latched onto him. It's natural that she'd catch feelings for him after becoming so close when she was experiencing something so traumatic. I think it's possible they won't last because of it. I hope I'm wrong, but either way, they should enjoy each other while they're together.

Off topic, and this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think this thread needs to be a bit more open to other opinions. It is a gossip thread, and I understand downvoting blatant hate (or comments about her voice), but I feel like anything that isn't praise for Lily is being downvoted. Just because we personally are happy for her and her growth doesn't mean she isn't still going to be disliked by others. Most people come here to safely express their thoughts about someone because the stans in YouTube comments and Reddit or whatever will attack them for saying anything other than praise. I don't think we should turn this thread into the same thing. I feel bad for the people who come in here with unpopular, but not hateful, opinions and get downvoted to hell just for saying them. It is a gossip site at the end of the day.

I agree honestly. She seems nice but why have a GOSSIP thread on her if any even slight gossip that isn't sugarcoated (and even then in some cases) is frowned upon? I don't really see the point. And it's sort of hypocritical how other people will say their voice is real and be torn to shreds, Lily says it and is believed. I'm not saying you should believe her but it seems a bit hypocritical to be that aggressive to others who say the same (and before anyone thinks it, no I consider my voice average not high, so that's not why. It's just weird seeing so much difference in certain parts of the sight.) Again I'm not saying she is faking it and she seems nice, I just genuinely don't see a point in a gossip thread on her anymore when there's none and if there is any it's downvoted and/or frowned upon. The content that's "allowed" in here could easily be posted in her subreddit. (Yes I get fans are protective and people can be mean but some of the frowned upon things in here aren't mean, but are gossip.) No offence to anyone in particular but idk. And probably gonna get downvoted.

EDIT to avoid making another post(sort of @Yongjuand @sysybut mostly just to clarify : I'm not complaining about me personally getting downvoted since i don't post in this thread. And I'm not only talking about the voice thing when I say things are downvoted since I do get it's been beaten to death, I mean people simply saying stuff like "oh she seems to be moving into this relationship very quickly" being downvoted (you can see in history for instance) even though that is sort of just gossip. They're not saying "I hope they break up" or "I hate her" but it can be seen as negative and thus is downvoted even if not necessarily presented in a mean way (even though i guess that's a matter of opinion but even if the person wishes well for her and expresses that.)

Edited by HeyHaHowYaDoin

Posted

Slightly off topic: 

Complaining about being down-voted is against the rules.

If I can recall correctly, the point of this site is for a safe space of discussion of internet personalities and 'snowflakes'

People will downvote if they do not agree with your opinion-- that is just how it is. 
Posting in her subreddit and having this kind of discussion is probably okay, but her mods have the ability to control it/ shut it down. Plus you'll be raided with biased opinions in favor for her.

I don't know if 'gossiping' means talking mad smut about a person, but to me it means talking about someone whether or not the information is true. 

I don't know if she still has people dming her about her voice, but due to her popularity, she probably does. 

As for the other girls who have been shamed for declaring their voice is real, there is a difference between constantly caring about the confirmation of others and just not. Lily doesn't care if someone believes her or not anymore. She has grown so tired of people making a big deal out of it she's stopped putting attention on her voice long long time ago and because of this attitude, I think that's what makes people to believe it's her natural voice. 

Sometimes I feel like some people are stuck onto doing the voice because they feel like they have to stay hidden behind his 'persona mask' of some sorts and when confronted, they become defensive about it because they are trying to protect themselves. 
Lily, however, is publicly open and dedicated to being herself and not being a 'persona' 

Posted

oh my god, that twitch clip of her fighting over that drink with her boyfriend is the cringiest thing I've seen in my life. It's like when the theater club starts making out in the middle of the cafeteria and everyone's just like :S wtf... I honestly cannot believe we're the same age. I can't even imagine dating someone 21 right now. You are SUCH a different person at 21 vs 29... totally different places in life, headed towards different goals. And all that acne on him makes him look like he's 15. Downvote away~ 

Posted (edited)

Omg watching them reminds me of when I watch kdramas of two adults in their 30s dating for the first time. It might be cute to some but it's pretty cringy to me even though I'm the same age as lily. 

Edited by Clouded Moon
Downvote me as well lol,

Posted

Regarding the criticism of lily being downvoted in this thread, i think it's because negative things aren't being presented in a reasonable way. 

Whether you believe her voice is fake or not, it's been discussed to death and the topic isn't new or interesting to most users anymore. And imo talking shit about her surgery and making fun of her looks post op is petty af, especially when she got surgery to address her insecurity about her looks in the first place. 

That being said, she certainly isn't perfect, she can do some questionable things (like being way too defensive of her problematic friends, banning ppl from her chat just for asking benign questions) but picking at subjects like her voice and looks doesn't exactly make a riveting discussion 

Posted (edited)

it's a little fascinating to see the difference in this board's feelings toward lily. but i clearly remember when this thread was ripe with negativity toward:
- her high-pitched voice and how her strained, flat singing is proof of it
- anything about her trying to pander to lolicons with her ~clumsy~ personality, flat chest, or fashion sense
- lily's coldness toward female peers when they were more youthful or ostensibly more attractive than her.

that post about how lily has never used others for clout was hilarious to me because back in the early 2010s or so at her peak of having beta orbiters around like ForeverPandering and Dyrus, she was consistently shat online for flirting around with LCS lads and dating HSGG for clout.

she's hardly the same person she was years ago, and i've sat through a couple of her streams very much enjoying her content. but i do think that the change in response around her flooded very heavily in once albert cheated on her. optimistically-speaking, one could also say people are so accustomed to the changed lily that they just don't remember or weren't around when any of the past things happened.

Edited by Demoiselle
spelling

Posted (edited)

Her relationship is kinda ironic. Lily was accused to act like loli in her past and fast forward she now dated with a guy who looks like 15 years old. 

Honestly I don't care how long their relationship can last but I can't deny their dynamic and chemistry is great.

Edited by Roseberry
grammar

Posted

On the topic of the subreddit- it's a lot of shipping stuff between Lily and Michael, but I honestly think the "hype" around their relationship made the community much better. Not just them, but everyone in OTV is starting to receive genuine fan art. People make actual memes, people share unrelated memes to the community for fun. The community was absolutely dead before. I know that the mods tried pretty hard to shut down anything that was shipping them before they announced their relationship, and after a week or so I think it became very casual. Most posts seem to appreciate them and basically live vicariously through them moreso than "ship" them. If anything, this revived OTV as opposed to potentially dragging them down (unless they split, of course).

It was same at the start of Joast, lots of memes and fan art and their subreddit was basically created from it. It got to the point that there were threads complaining about it overrunning all other topics. This feels and looks so similar that I can't help thinking this whole lily-michael thing being manufactured for views. And before angry shippers pound on me saying this, I would like to remind everyone how often offline-tv has used shipping for their advantage. Just be a bit more cynical, its not like Pokimane, Toast, Janet, Lilypichu etc. haven't used shipping (fake or more real) to gain views. For fucks sake, even lily's breakup was farmed for impressions by Pokimane and others.

Posted (edited)

Off topic:

Lily and Michael's relationship reminded me of this Family Guy episode. Hopefully their relationship also has a happy ending.

Edited by throwaway.goat
Spelling mistake

Posted

Lmao, she just managed to neglect to tell Dr. K. that she's business partners and living with her new boyfriend one month into the relationship. Wonder if he would still be so positive about the relationship if he knew about these things. How does one forget to mention these things, wth.  

Posted

I find her relationship with the fans weird, or maybe more so how protective the fans are of her? 

I understand that the whole thing with Albert was really depressing and the whole thing she had at Twitch Rivals with Tyler1 (a year ago now? two?) also affected her but the way the community jumped on to it and stopped any and all conversation about it is just so so odd to me. Normally, stuff like that is discussed to death repeatedly (just like her voice is here), especially by people who are new fans and want to 'know' her better, but in this case it's almost a banned topic. After the whole Tyler1 thing (which I personally thought was reasonable but I don't know enough) everyone treated her like a child who had been hurt which would not have happened to any other streamer. 

I don't know if it's the fact that she's a girl or the fact that she probably passes for a teenager who needs protection of sorts but the whole thing is just very odd to me. 

Also, I totally agree with the whole white knight thing in this thread. You guys should also consider that new people won't have the energy to go through 93 odd pages of discussion or lolcow posts (which are mostly dead) to find out about her surgery (which lolcow claims she passed as something that was necessary/medical rather than cosmetic anyway) and not talk about it here. Same with her voice. 

Posted

Kind of OT but do a lot of fans who ships lily and Michael's relationship are young fans? I'm just watching clips of them and I feel like my 15 years old self would find their relationship really cute and adorable but adult me is like it's too cringy. It makes my skin crawl.