Lilypichu

837 posts in this topic

Posted

I think her voice is real for the most part. I met her at Fanime this year and got her signature so I heard her voice in person. It wasn't "as" high as it usually is in her streams but is still quite close so yes I guess she does strain her voice a bit to get that "cute loli" voice that appeals to her male fanbase.

Posted

in the video of her playing that piano flute thing you can hear her natural voice twice.  once when she sees the camera and once when she laughs.  sounds just like her "straining" voice on destiny's stream.  every time she laughed it was not childlike. 

where can i find this video?

Posted (edited)

can we stop debating her voice? it's beating a dead horse at this point. I've heard testimonies from people who went to high school with her and time and time again they say it's her normal voice. It doesn't make sense for me that people who have no internet presence and aren't even close to her anymore to lie for her sake.

edit for clarifying- I think discussions like its annoying etc is fine 

Edited by nisemono

Posted

As much as I dislike Lily and her fake attitude, I can´t help but feel sorry for her. Her "kawaii" persona is literally all she has going for her currently, now that she has stopped playing and streaming League on a regular basis. She´s stuck with this persona that she has created, or it´s very likely that she feels that way. (not saying that just because I feel bad for her that it justifies her other crappy behaviours and such though.)

She probably knows that if she stops putting on this fake persona that she´s had for years and is the foundation of what built her fanbase, a huge portion of her fanbase would leave.

Posted

I mean, it's a gossip forum so we can discuss what we want, at least from what I know.

Sorry I guess I didn't explain myself clearly. I'm totally up for discussion, but continuing to bring up 'her voice is fake' like it's a fact seems detrimental to the greater issue of Lily(which is that she cultivates a 'comfy' wholesome fanbase but uses that same personal army to attack those that disagree with her). 

Yes - the voice is annoying and high pitched. I agree that online in her younger years she's exaggerated it a bit but more recently it's chilled out

No - we haven't proven if it's fake/real - but it really seems like a nonissue compared to the scummier things she's been up to 

Posted (edited)

i think she's a lot more bearable and likeable now than she was years ago. even though she's still clinging on her loli persona/voice w/e, she's dressed much older than how she used to and shows a little more realistic personality like how she jokes around and 'roasts' people instead of just oh! uwu!! so clumsy!!. she's given up on the wig and sunglasses and streams with her mostly bare face (probably because she doesn't know how to do make up?? i don't know) and she doesn't exactly look the best, even though shes got plastic surgery. her boyfriend isn't hidden anymore either and i think she's embracing their relationship rather than milking it for more views. this is all speculation but i think how she is now is much better than how she used to be and better than pokimane or janet or emiru or jamie now.

edit: i'm not saying she's not problematic but she's less problematic than what most people think (?)

Edited by xela

Posted (edited)

In her AX vlog, the fans were told to insult her before they could get a picture with her, and one guy said she looks thirty. She looked so personally hurt. I actually felt bad for her, but it was still kind of funny.

Edited by idontknow

Posted

In her AX vlog, the fans were told to insult her before they could get a picture with her, and one guy said she looks thirty. She looked so personally hurt. I actually felt bad for her, but it was still kind of funny.

she is (almost) 30 though, she should be happy to look her age kek

Posted

she is (almost) 30 though, she should be happy to look her age kek

Yeah, absolutely. I just thought it was funny because she used to hide her age so much so obviously she's self conscious about it. I don't think she looks horrible at all.

Posted

i think she's a lot more bearable and likeable now than she was years ago. even though she's still clinging on her loli persona/voice w/e, she's dressed much older than how she used to and shows a little more realistic personality like how she jokes around and 'roasts' people instead of just oh! uwu!! so clumsy!!. she's given up on the wig and sunglasses and streams with her mostly bare face (probably because she doesn't know how to do make up?? i don't know) and she doesn't exactly look the best, even though shes got plastic surgery. her boyfriend isn't hidden anymore either and i think she's embracing their relationship rather than milking it for more views. this is all speculation but i think how she is now is much better than how she used to be and better than pokimane or janet or emiru or jamie now.

edit: i'm not saying she's not problematic but she's less problematic than what most people think (?)

She is so much better now. I used to hate her half assed content. Her tldr lore, league songs with Wendy, shit like that was so overly cutesy and not funny and shit quality and it was obviously only popular because of her 'cutesy' voice which imo was a few notches higher than her natural one at the time.

I think it was after her surgery she bothered me a lot less. She was so open and honest about it, and it was around that time she grew out of acting all helpless and clumsy. She is a good pianist and she's showing more of that now, I think because of Albert. She generally seems more realistic with her friends (aria, fed, toast) and i never felt like she milked herself and Albert, they have always seemed genuine. I still think her relationship with poki is off putting though because of the whole uwuwuwuw I luv u ur perfect xdxd especially when you compare that to herself and aria where they seem so comfortable and natural with each other.

But I also agree there are still things I don't really like about her, like how she reacted when they fired xell is a huge one, it was a huge sign of immaturity especially when xell handled it very neutrally and lily said it was bad principal ect because someone was (rightfully) calling out the hand that fed her. The whole thing just strikes me as selfish, especially with how poorly otv treated xell in the past (not inviting him to Taiwan ect) she still acts all uwuwuw rainbows n sunshine with some other egirls and its the fakest most off putting shit. Generally though I think shes gotten better. 

Posted

where can i find this video?

ahh its way back in this thread! if i have time to find it i'll edit and link,