Lilypichu

672 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I really don't know if her voice is fake.  I noticed in the video where she was doing the low voice she doesn't strain or have a hard time.  If it's fake it seems like something she would do to try to make herself more unique, and fit more with the loli vibe.... and I do notice in some of her videos her voice does lower in some points (ex. when she laughs), but then there's people like Meghan McCarthy who 100% has a natural high pitched voice, and sounds similar to Lily.

Edited by IchBinSassa
revising

Posted

I just watched part of one of her videos and tbh her voice isn't that high? I hadn't listened to it before and I expected some chipmunk voice but it's like, in the realm of possibility for voices...her way of talking irks me though because it's really awkward. Just not that noticeable because everyone's focused on her voice lol 

Posted (edited)

Welp. Didn't know there was so much shit around her.

I don't really watch her videos at all but I did see this one the other day and really enjoyed it.

I also never would have thought she'd done plastic surgery because.. you know.. she's pretty average.... (omg I feel bad for saying that but it's my opinion).

Also she dresses like a 13 year old weeb who gets all their clothes from storenvy or some shit. I'm all about being yourself and wearing what you want but it's just not cool for someone in their 20s.

Actually, now looking at her Instagram I take that back. She dresses pretty normally.

Edited by flower

Posted

that video is just cringey. if she was following me around at a con and just constantly doing that, friend or not, i would get so annoyed.

Posted

Welp. Didn't know there was so much shit around her.

I don't really watch her videos at all but I did see this one the other day and really enjoyed it.

I also never would have thought she'd done plastic surgery because.. you know.. she's pretty average.... (omg I feel bad for saying that but it's my opinion).

Also she dresses like a 13 year old weeb who gets all their clothes from storenvy or some shit. I'm all about being yourself and wearing what you want but it's just not cool for someone in their 20s.

Actually, now looking at her Instagram I take that back. She dresses pretty normally.

Not sure if she dresses normally. Pokimane and Wendy dress much cuter compared to Lily and they hang around a lot. Idk how to word it but they have a cute sense of style that's childish but they don't dress an actual kid. Lily always looks like she buys clothes from the Yesstyle kid section or China town. 

And I agree. I really enjoyed that video as well as the cosplayers reactions lol

Posted

I actually liked that vid of her playing the melodica around cosplayers, it's a cute idea :alpacaheadshake:. What I don't like is how she kinda just awkwardly hobbles around with it and then immediately stops and runs away once they notice her...

Posted

I honestly think her clothes are okay, but I don't like how she wears leggings under skirts/dresses all the time (tho it's completely her choice). It makes her look younger/like she has a tacky sense of fashion lmao

Posted (edited)

Some of you have to remember that her fashion sense is really just "asian style". Right now the "in" asian fashion is more cutesy, make you look young/ knee high socks kind of things. Do all asians dress like that? no of course not but a lot of them do. I don't really see a problem with what she wears since that is what she likes. Could she wear more western style looks? of course but she is probably not interested. :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by Twirlycurly

Posted

I keep on seeing that melodica video a lot and has watched more than I could count lol. I think it's a cute idea:alpacacrush:

However, is it just me or when she said "I can't do this" He voice significantly sounds...normal? By normal, I mean not her high pitched voice lmao

Posted

I believe she has a naturally high pitched voice, though it may not be as high as in her videos but most girl's voices tend to naturally go a higher pitch when presenting/talking to someone new/impressing people in any sort of way. In the video where she was speaking with the lower voice, she is in fact straining her voice. You can hear it in the vocal fry (think of how the Kardashians sort of has that bubble(?) like popping speech if I make sense), which is the lowest vocal register for the human voice (fry, modal, falsetto, whistle). Most people speak and sing in modal, and I'd assume most people here know falsetto and whistle. She's done her falsetto voice here at the end where she shows four of her vocal ranges, one in fry, two in modal, and one in falsetto.

Posted

lol i can't believe that this thread finally exists, i'm SO relieved that there are people who also think that she's artificial and everything... she wants to be adored, she seems to want attention in anyway possible, even if it's from creepy men, horny weeaboos or kinky pedophiles, UGH :beardo:
i was really shocked with people praising and defending her at all, it's just... ??????

Posted

Lily has a wk global passive

Posted (edited)

Lilypichu has always annoyed me cause I always felt like her high pitched voice and "loli clothes" were just accessories to help her pander to her asian fetishist male audience, but lol I did think the melodica video (mostly the cosplayers' sweet reactions) were kind of cute! 

That whole melodica thing is literally just another piece of her anime grill persona. I think she only took it up in order to emulate Kaori from Your Lie in April aka pander to weebs even more 

d50e57569002e3e14b19dfa7882e6f3bf3daa5c1

Her clothing choices have improved over time but its still very... "please believe I am 12 years old and not nearing 30" Its so uncomfortable to look at because she looks like a middle schooler that never escaped the awkward phase, rather than the super 'kawaii' loli she's going for.. but then again, to the fetishists, it probably doesn't matter. Someone else mentioned that this is just asian fashion now but I don't think it really is... maybe a certain subculture of asian fashion? But in general, I don't think you see stuff like this in magazines/tv shows/asian media in general ... it's more kind of street-oriented now I feel, with a modern, chic vibe

13551546_1587343488231020_107616474_n.jp

Edited by Tiffanie

Posted

Lily has a wk global passive

sorry if i seem retarded for asking this but I keep seeing people bring up "wk"

What is wk'ing? I see people mention it alot when talking about pull and lolcow.

Posted

I get that her fashion is "Asian fashion", but the way she does it literally makes her look like she's 13. There's TONS of way to do Asian fashion and still look your age. I looked through her ig and some outfits are fine, but the ones where she wears oversized tops/cardigans or t-shirts need more work :///