• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

405 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

About the snake handling, I've always been told to wait until it's comfortable enough to eat+48 hours after a feed. This can take awhile depending on the snake. She holds the snake for pictures right away.

She could have just taken a pic of it in the deli cup it came in, but maybe she's just wanting to show off her nails too. Bluh.

Edited by OrangeMedley

Posted

So Taylor told someone that Johnny is threatening her animals now? Photo is from twitter

780B89FC-32A9-48BB-8D65-99C03CAEA05E.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Also, they got 3 new animals this week. Continuing the hoarding while he is threatening her animals as “jokes”. Maybe more since they’re doing a “haul”.

E9C6592C-0EB7-409E-A0B3-1E3A8A1439C0.jpeg

01BE8582-6813-4340-B863-43C4FF24BBA8.jpeg

Edited by Kittyy

Posted

When I first encountered her channel I thought something was wrong with me because everyone loved her and I just couldn't. It felt weird to me to have so many animals in small spaces and then claim to love them. If you love an animal, you give it enough space and time. It's impossible when you collect animals like pokemon AND keep them in the bare minimal space that is claimed to be enough by sadists in denial. Animals are wild, they aren't imprisoned in nature, small jail made of glass won't be enough.

Honestly, fuck her, she's hurting innocent beings and getting praised for that. I hope someone takes away those poor babies from her.

Posted

Which animals specifically are being referenced when the claim of enclosures being too small pops up? The only thing I can see of her snakes is this feeding compilation( Don't watch if you don't want to see mice get eaten, obviously), and the tank sizes seem appropriate. https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929754307767013378

With ball pythons the length and width needs to add up to being higher than how long the snake is. I think this is around 41 quarts  for an adult which won't look very big to us, but is wonderfully secure feeling for the snake. They get stressed when there is too much open space.

I wish she'd do an entire enclosure video so I can take a better look. She only very quickly scanned over her pet room when doing the apartment tour.

Posted

Which animals specifically are being referenced when the claim of enclosures being too small pops up? The only thing I can see of her snakes is this feeding compilation( Don't watch if you don't want to see mice get eaten, obviously), and the tank sizes seem appropriate. https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929754307767013378

With ball pythons the length and width needs to add up to being higher than how long the snake is. I think this is around 41 quarts  for an adult which won't look very big to us, but is wonderfully secure feeling for the snake. They get stressed when there is too much open space.

I wish she'd do an entire enclosure video so I can take a better look. She only very quickly scanned over her pet room when doing the apartment tour.

As I said, I don't believe in the bullshit measurements. Animals are wild and need space to move. Just because it doesn't die immediately, doesn't mean they're comfortable. Her fishes and snakes have tiny spaces.

Posted

@Puppycat Most of her non-fish pets are captive bred. They are not "wild". They will live longer than their wild counterparts given the appropriate measurements and conditions of their enclosure. Measurements exist because many, many enthusiasts and zoologists have the knowledge of what exactly the animal needs to thrive in captivity. People who study specific animals as their life's passion. I'm not sure you understand what makes each specific animal comfortable, and are instead applying what you think understand about one species to all animals. You're reading more like a PETA post, who are against animals in captivity whatsoever.

There's plenty of reasons to criticize Taylor's husbandry, but I'm waiting for someone who actually knows about hedgehogs, fish etc to be able to lend their expertise when judging her enclosures. Because as a terrestrial snake owner her enclosures for them look about the right size they should be. I wouldn't be able to say on her green tree python. Toast's enclosure is downright GIANT for his size as well as her hognose.

Posted

@Puppycat Most of her non-fish pets are captive bred. They are not "wild". They will live longer than their wild counterparts given the appropriate measurements and conditions of their enclosure. Measurements exist because many, many enthusiasts and zoologists have the knowledge of what exactly the animal needs to thrive in captivity. People who study specific animals as their life's passion. I'm not sure you understand what makes each specific animal comfortable, and are instead applying what you think understand about one species to all animals. You're reading more like a PETA post, who are against animals in captivity whatsoever.

There's plenty of reasons to criticize Taylor's husbandry, but I'm waiting for someone who actually knows about hedgehogs, fish etc to be able to lend their expertise when judging her enclosures. Because as a terrestrial snake owner her enclosures for them look about the right size they should be. I wouldn't be able to say on her green tree python. Toast's enclosure is downright GIANT for his size as well as her hognose.

I've owned all of the above, including both fresh water and salt water fish. I owned a snake, and I'm of the personal opinion snakes could benefit from larger enclosures- in my opinion. As long as it has plenty of plants and places to nestle and hide. I wouldn't call snake owners abusive if they have don't have bigger tanks, though. As long as it meets standards I'm not gonna make a fuss. That, of course, is just me. Her feeding her snake, Toast, in a stained shoebox is weird to me though. Idk if that's blood from the feeders, but it doesn't seem sanitary.

Now, her fish tanks are over crowded in my opinion, especially regarding Cheese. Her tanks are tiny, and she's housing her lionfish with several other breeds and that's very... not that great. If the tank was larger, it would be less of an issue.

She has a dwarf lionfish, but she literally has bare-minimum tanks for the amount of fish she has in her salt water fish tanks. I'd also like to point out her accompanying fish are smaller to the same size as her lionfish, which could make them a target for the lionfish because they swallow their prey whole- or try to.

She also left her Wrasse (a breed of fish that tends to be "jumpy") tank uncovered, where one lept from its tank, died, and she didn't realize it was rotting on her floor for weeks/months.

Her tank of female betta fish really needs more plants, especially since she's housing other fish in it too? It's very barren which can stress her bettas out. 

Her tarantula tank seems kinda small too. I don't have a full shot of it so maybe it's larger but it looks kinda small and barren from what I've seen- I don't have much experience with those, however..

Her Hedgehogs are also in those fucking bar cages that I HATE. The animals can chew on them and cut themselves or swallow pieces of them or get their heads stuck between the bars. They're also really fucking small. I can understand snakes having smaller enclosures, but hedgehogs should really get more than bare-minimum.  Some people give half-rooms to their hedgehogs, or at least very large cages. She doesn't seem to understand you can do more than the bare-bones to keep them alive.

Her two hedgehogs Piper and Nala died from the same illness and both times she blames the breeder, which reeks to me. She's either supporting shit breeders (and since she got caught looking around on Craigslist for kittens I wouldn't be shocked) or lying. Idk how Solara, her other hedgehog, died but her hedgehogs drop like fucking flies in her care. It's suspicious to me.

This is all just my opinion from experiences over the years, so maybe other people have different takes and opinions- that's just mine.

Posted

I don't think she will disclose the dimensions of each tank for each of her non-fish pet.  I don't know why, she may have her reasons or assumed that they are the proper size as is. 

However, as someone who owns a blue tongue skink, I can tell you that as an adult, they need at least 36" or 40 gallon breeder tanks or more.  I have a 1 year old Merauke at about 18 inched and I am already looking at 48" tanks for him (Not fish tanks.. BTS need more width/lengthy space, not height, which makes shopping for the right tank difficult).  

How will she find the space for her skink when it is full grown for the next 15-20 years, while she continues to accumulate MORE pets and her other current "collection" continues to grow and require more space as well?  One adult ball python should have at least 36" wide tank.  Now how many ball pythons does she currently have?  

Eventually she will have to resort to the rack system to keep all her snakes and other reptiles.  If she messed up setting up Flex watt wires, it can be a fire hazard.  Or she will have to rehome some when she finally admits that an apartment filled with noise, smell and mess created by her pets is not really something her landlord may appreciate.

She should be focusing on being responsible with herself, get a job, go back to school and do something for her life without relying on someone else.  When you start to rely on someone to take care of you too much, men like this douchebag will eventually take advantage of her because she has nowhere to go and no one to go to

Posted

I've owned all of the above, including both fresh water and salt water fish. I owned a snake, and I'm of the personal opinion snakes could benefit from larger enclosures- in my opinion. As long as it has plenty of plants and places to nestle and hide. I wouldn't call snake owners abusive if they have don't have bigger tanks, though. As long as it meets standards I'm not gonna make a fuss. That, of course, is just me. Her feeding her snake, Toast, in a stained shoebox is weird to me though. Idk if that's blood from the feeders, but it doesn't seem sanitary.

Now, her fish tanks are over crowded in my opinion, especially regarding Cheese. Her tanks are tiny, and she's housing her lionfish with several other breeds and that's very... not that great. If the tank was larger, it would be less of an issue.

She has a dwarf lionfish, but she literally has bare-minimum tanks for the amount of fish she has in her salt water fish tanks. I'd also like to point out her accompanying fish are smaller to the same size as her lionfish, which could make them a target for the lionfish because they swallow their prey whole- or try to.

She also left her Wrasse (a breed of fish that tends to be "jumpy") tank uncovered, where one lept from its tank, died, and she didn't realize it was rotting on her floor for weeks/months.

Her tank of female betta fish really needs more plants, especially since she's housing other fish in it too? It's very barren which can stress her bettas out. 

Her tarantula tank seems kinda small too. I don't have a full shot of it so maybe it's larger but it looks kinda small and barren from what I've seen- I don't have much experience with those, however..

Her Hedgehogs are also in those fucking bar cages that I HATE. The animals can chew on them and cut themselves or swallow pieces of them or get their heads stuck between the bars. They're also really fucking small. I can understand snakes having smaller enclosures, but hedgehogs should really get more than bare-minimum.  Some people give half-rooms to their hedgehogs, or at least very large cages. She doesn't seem to understand you can do more than the bare-bones to keep them alive.

Her two hedgehogs Piper and Nala died from the same illness and both times she blames the breeder, which reeks to me. She's either supporting shit breeders (and since she got caught looking around on Craigslist for kittens I wouldn't be shocked) or lying. Idk how Solara, her other hedgehog, died but her hedgehogs drop like fucking flies in her care. It's suspicious to me.

This is all just my opinion from experiences over the years, so maybe other people have different takes and opinions- that's just mine.

Great summary. Too many people confusing "surviving" with "thriving". We should be providing more than bare minimum for our animals. I don't care how many animals you have as long as you have a large space for them with adequate enclosures.
I own several geckos and rodents and always go above and beyond for them.

Posted

Great summary. Too many people confusing "surviving" with "thriving". We should be providing more than bare minimum for our animals. I don't care how many animals you have as long as you have a large space for them with adequate enclosures.I own several geckos and rodents and always go above and beyond for them.

Can't upvote cause run out of them, but damn, PREACH.

Posted

So they got a bearded dragon? Those guys need pretty big places to live. I own one myself, had her for about two years now. I had her in a size for a while that was a recommended size but she wasn’t happy and would glass surf. Got her a bigger one, takes up a huge portion of the living room (the LM is small though) but I plan on getting her an even larger custom made one soon. 

From my experience they like to be social with people too. And not shoved into a closet like Taylor likes to do. 

That poor baby. 

Posted

I literally hate the whole "this animal can live/only needs ___ amount of space!!!" If you can go bigger, do it.

For snakes, smaller environments can be better to reduce stress and keep them happy, but for nearly any other animal, a good owner should want more than the bare minimum for their animal. 

I COULD stick my conure in a canary cage. She'll survive in it, sure, but she'd be miserable, so she gets a big cage with toys and she's able to fly around when I can supervise her.

If you cannot provide your animal anything but bare-minimum effort, don't even bother. 

Posted

I literally hate the whole "this animal can live/only needs ___ amount of space!!!" If you can go bigger, do it.

For snakes, smaller environments can be better to reduce stress and keep them happy, but for nearly any other animal, a good owner should want more than the bare minimum for their animal. 

I COULD stick my conure in a canary cage. She'll survive in it, sure, but she'd be miserable, so she gets a big cage with toys and she's able to fly around when I can supervise her.

If you cannot provide your animal anything but bare-minimum effort, don't even bother. 

I do wonder why she didn't go with a C&C setup with her hedgehogs. They're very easy to make and you can customize size easily. I made one for my guinea pigs, who like to run laps and pet store cages are waaay to small for them. I got more space for less cost! 

and yes, I'd sure like my snakes to thrive and not just survive, which is why the size of my cage isn't meant to overwhelm them. He should be able to prowl with his full length  of his body outstretched and he needs lots of cover to feel safe doing so. Most of the time he wants to feel cozy in his hide, especially after a meal. Lot's of research must go into owning every specific animal you own. If I applied what I know about guinea pigs to hedgehogs, I'd not do as well for them. If I applied what I know about a ball python to a green tree python, I'd be doing a terrible job.

I really think you should know what you're talking about before condemning others for their animal care, and I'll take the downvotes for saying so. Prior person was unable to explain *how* to create a thriving environment for those animals and I'd suggest reading BP.net, reptile magazine, and browse the snake subreddits if they actually want to educate themselves and not make sweeping generalizations. ;)

Posted

Also, they got 3 new animals this week. Continuing the hoarding while he is threatening her animals as “jokes”. Maybe more since they’re doing a “haul”.

E9C6592C-0EB7-409E-A0B3-1E3A8A1439C0.jpeg

01BE8582-6813-4340-B863-43C4FF24BBA8.jpeg

https://chorus.fm/linked/jonny-craig-accused-of-sexual-assault/

What about paying for all the stuff he is accused of instead of buying animals to the home of (ex?) drug addict.