• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/09/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

377 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The ASPCA states that marijuana is toxic to cats, dogs, and horses.  (ETA: Sorry, I didn’t realize this link was already posted in the thread!!)

The VCA also states that marijuana is toxic to cats and dogs. 

Any weed that is being used to treat pets for pain is more than likely CBD oil. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure CBD oil has the THC removed. The dose of CBD oil would be highly controlled and the route of administration would be different. I highly suggest keeping your pets as far away from you while you’re smoking weed. Smoking weed outside is probably your best option (if you MUST smoke).

Edited by SadBlythe
Fixing typos!

Posted

A big problem I have with Taylor is she’ll mention the minimum tank size for an animal... and that’ll be the tank size she has. I don’t understand wanting to have THE MINIMUM! Animals deserve better. Not “oh, you can get away with this.” If you don’t have the space, don’t get the animal and she has no room in her apartment. 

Also didn’t she mention when she got her shrimp that it “arrived early”? Any animal website I’ve seen that you order from usually has like 1-2 day shipping and you tell them what day you want your animal on. And then mentioned she was putting it into her predator tank until she got something else?? Impulse buy much!!! 

Posted (edited)

Snakes only have one functional lung, the other is vestigial. They are highly prone to respiratory infection which can result in their death if not treated. I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks it's not a giant risk to smoke cannabis around them at the very least (and birds too, in fact I'd just say reptiles in general, though I wouldn't smoke around any of my pets) is deluded. Cannabis can be a great medicine, but the jury is out even on whether it can cause lung issues in humans when smoked (as opposed to vaped or consumed which seems to be okay for you so far). CBD oil is fine and possibly very beneficial for animals, my dog gets it because of his spondylosis and I have seen a big positive change in him, I'm a huge proponent of CBD for pets (and people). THC is likely to be harmful to animals and I'm pretty disgusted with anyone who would risk their pets life because they are too lazy to at least remove their behind from the room their animal is in before smoking (if not the house). Not to mention, if the smoke does get them high, that's utterly disgusting. As someone who has been way too high before and been extremely scared, it's a terrifying experience even when you do understand why it's happening to you. Imagine how scared a small animal could feel when it's mind goes all loopy and it thinks it's dying (which happens to plenty of high humans), yet it doesn't know why it feels this way. Pretty sick, IMO. And the research on THC in dogs and cats is in it's infancy, who knows what it would do to a small reptile. >:(

Taylor is irresponsible, and so is anyone smoking around small pets, especially those with a delicate respiratory system like a snake or a bird. And lest anyone think this is an anti-pot rant, I stand 100% behind not only lthe legality of medical but also recreational use, I just don't support irresponsible pet owners.

Edited by KitKat

Posted

Yeah, it is not hard to avoid smoking around pets. Taylor apparently does her research, but basic research would tell you that just because humans can ingest something, it does not mean other animals can. Even certain plug-in air fresheners have ingredients which are toxic to animals commonly kept as pets.

It is as though she did not publicly address the weed thing since she has no one to shift the blame onto.

There is absolutely NO reason to defend her for the weed incident. She is an adult. I can sympathise why some may defend her for other things as I and others may have jumped the gun a little or been flat out wrong. That said, smoking around pets is a no-no. Weed or tobacco.

I honestly cannot find where Taylor herself said she got the shrimp early or where she said she was housing it for now. All I see are comments saying she has it in one of her existing tanks with other fish. Would be appreciated if someone could screenshot and post what Taylor typed.

In Taylor's snake video, she made a sly and indirect comment about that psycho vegan girl who nearly killed the Fennec fox. Sorry, but that shit bugs me. Admittedly, it bugged me more so because you had 12 year olds calling Taylor, "Savage" for making a basic bitch comment that changed nothing, which did not even name the person. In general, that just comes off as faux outrage. You disagree with them but you are too scared to call them out by name? Nah.

wp_ss_20180424_0003.thumb.png.7de5653ae7

Has she been smoking again? I'm joking, but this stuff has me rolling my eyes.

"Like, did u no this thing. Like wow. Isn't this amazing? Because u should really care and take in this deep af thought that I had. Aren't I just an angel?"

Maybe this is me being an unreasonable prick. I was trying to find info on the Mantis shrimp, but I got a face full of tweets pandering to animal fans. "Animals are like, so amazing. Humans are evil."

Humans are animals. Homo Sapiens are in Kingdom Animalia, just like your cats, snakes , fish, and fuck-knows-what-else are. Cease with your aire of profound woke-ness after hastily googling basic animal facts.

Honestly... If most of the fans weren't as psychotically defensive and obsessed as they are, I wouldn't be so bothered. They see someone who likes collecting exotic animals and keeping them in habitats that will never compare to what they are like in the wild. This person has very basic knowledge in the sense that they did not study in any sort of professional setting.

They then regard this person as the goddess of animals who knows all to the point that she is qualified to provide medical advice and produce care videos on animals which she does not own and has never even owned. (I have screenshots of such comments, but too tired and cranky to post right now.)

Taylor needs to stop getting new animals and double down on telling fans not to do what she does. Many of them are actually so dumb and have ignored stuff she has said which were great pieces of advice. She needs to become a bit more mature and realise that much of her fan base is very immature and impulsive, and need to be told numerous times not to do dumb shit. It is not her fault, but she needs to do her best to stop them becoming obsessed after a single video and impulse buying animals they are not capable of caring for properly.

Posted

To address taylors "savage" comment about the vegan woman feeding her fox a vegan diet, the woman actually made a video addressing those claims and explains that the fox is actually allergic to something in the meat that they normally eat and is fed a scientifically formulated diet with all of the nutrients / vitamins / minerals that he needs, which is checked over by his vet often and adjusted as needed. The photos used for the accusations were from before, when she didn't know what was wrong and therefore could not address the issue properly of him being thin / malnourished looking. She says that a woman on facebook attacked her (online) because of her being vegan and started the rumor about her fox being abused / forced to eat a vegan diet. She then provides evidence of a happy, healthy fox with all of his necessities, such as a sand pit and places to run and play. She also cited the day and time on her watch to prove that the video used was not of another fox or a previous date. She also shows that she has paperwork from the vet on her foxes care and also shows that her fox is at a perfect weight for his species and shows him running around, not getting tired due to malnourishment or dehydration. Taylor should have checked up on the story before trying to bring something like that up because that poor woman has gotten so much hate and so many death / harm threats already and doesn't need any more. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, BloodDrainedDeer, I agree. It's the same as those people who like pictures of Black Jaguar White Tiger, or people cuddling sloths thinking they are "communing" and having some incredible experiences. In reality those animals are prisoners, and the sloths are probably having mini-strokes from the stress, whereas the tigers just want to kill you. I've had a few pretty amazing experiences with wild animals, and none of them involved touching them or being all up in their shit. We met huge stag on the way to the highlands of Scotland, and just sat and chatted away to him, he had no fear and just sat and watched us for a bit, he was only about a foot away. Also a young elephant in Sri Lanka (which obviously we kept a good distance from). Even a common squirrel. I'm okay with some exotics as pets (obviously, I do have snakes), but it gets out of hand. Having a couple, you can give them a pretty good life. Having 30 odd, including a massive monitor that is going to take up so much time, you cannot give them a good life. You are in no way having a "real connection" with these animals when they are unnaturally confined and prevented from living out a normal life. You can have amazing experiences and connections with a pet dog, a cat, a ferret, a rat. Even a parrot if you are willing to be it's everything and donate half your waking life to it over the next 50 years. I don't see what these people think gives them a right to shove tigers or monkeys or sloths or lorises or 20+ reptiles in cages so they can have "amazing" experiences with them. Of course, I believe she supports SeaWorld, so we can't expect much.

Edited by KitKat

Posted

I don't understand the deal with her wanting all these 'exotic' pets, maybe it's because a majority of them are illegal in my country or maybe its because the exotic pet trade is horrendous. IDK, TND must know how shit the exotic pet trade is (or the regular pet trade for that matter) especially since she did a video telling people NOT to buy blue tangs because of Finding Dory and her 'stop buying hermit crabs' video. I know she has got some from breeders but hasn't she also got some pets from Petco too? 

Also, why can't she have just a few pets? Why does she need like 20+? Can't you get enough satisfaction with owning two or three? You don't need a fucking zoo Taylor.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand the deal with her wanting all these 'exotic' pets, maybe it's because a majority of them are illegal in my country or maybe its because the exotic pet trade is horrendous. IDK, TND must know how shit the exotic pet trade is (or the regular pet trade for that matter) especially since she did a video telling people NOT to buy blue tangs because of Finding Dory and her 'stop buying hermit crabs' video. I know she has got some from breeders but hasn't she also got some pets from Petco too? 

Also, why can't she have just a few pets? Why does she need like 20+? Can't you get enough satisfaction with owning two or three? You don't need a fucking zoo Taylor.

I would say most of the species she has are probably commonly available captive bred, and that their breeding industry isn't worse than any others, in fact in some endangered species (like crested geckos or axolotl) it might actually beneficial to re-eastablish wild populations at some point. Although morph breeding always turns my stomach a bit because they keep the animals in the minimum care conditions and they are literally just seen as dollar signs rather than beings.  But the same can be said for a lot of in fashion breeds of dog and cat, and small fluffy pets too...for example, the larger supplier of American ferrets also breeds them for laboratory experiments.

But yeah, she's a giant hypocrite when it comes to the aquarium and the crabs, and I'd be interested to know about the monitor as well. The marine trade is often extremely dangerous and destructive, chemicals are used in the water to "stun" the fish, many species are over-collected. I really love boston terriers but I would never pay a breeder for one because I disagree with breeding of short-faced dogs, and I feel like anyone who loves animals puts their morals over their "wants." She basically wants to act like she has morals about the marine fish trade, but if she had any she would've stuck to clownfish (captive bred) and lionfish (a pest and invasive species, so collecting them is probably a favour to them and the planet). She can't put her money where her mouth is, her compulsive need to "collect" animals goes over any morals she might have.

Edited by KitKat

Posted

Yeah, BloodDrainedDeer, I agree. It's the same as those people who like pictures of Black Jaguar White Tiger, or people cuddling sloths thinking they are "communing" and having some incredible experiences. In reality those animals are prisoners, and the sloths are probably having mini-strokes from the stress, whereas the tigers just want to kill you. I've had a few pretty amazing experiences with wild animals, and none of them involved touching them or being all up in their shit. We met huge stag on the way to the highlands of Scotland, and just sat and chatted away to him, he had no fear and just sat and watched us for a bit, he was only about a foot away. Also a young elephant in Sri Lanka (which obviously we kept a good distance from). Even a common squirrel. I'm okay with some exotics as pets (obviously, I do have snakes), but it gets out of hand. Having a couple, you can give them a pretty good life. Having 30 odd, including a massive monitor that is going to take up so much time, you cannot give them a good life. You are in no way having a "real connection" with these animals when they are unnaturally confined and prevented from living out a normal life. You can have amazing experiences and connections with a pet dog, a cat, a ferret, a rat. Even a parrot if you are willing to be it's everything and donate half your waking life to it over the next 50 years. I don't see what these people think gives them a right to shove tigers or monkeys or sloths or lorises or 20+ reptiles in cages so they can have "amazing" experiences with them. Of course, I believe she supports SeaWorld, so we can't expect much.

You're very right on that.  Humans have a fucked need to own and touch and possess things. We see a pretty thing and we want it, instead of doing what's best for it and letting it live free, we want one too.  This doesn't apply for zoos that actual work to help the animals and environment/ people that own injured wild animals that cannot be released/etc, btw.

I wanna know why, if she loves animals so much, does she not go out to reserves and parks to see them in the wild? I get she has some health issues, but she travels fairly frequently anyway. She should put all that money she has into giving back to places that preserve the animals she likes so much instead of constantly buying more and more and keeping them in a small apartment. She could help and interact with animals in so many better ways that doesn't involve buying more pets.

Her set ups are sub par from what I've seen genuine enthusiasts have. I follow a dude who's hedgehogs have an entire room to themselves with lots of toys and natural terrain they can dig into and tear up. I also follow some fish IG ppl with massive tank set ups. Like, the possibilities are endless. She could do cage transformation videos or vlog setting up a special room for her hogs. 

Posted

Exactly. I am not going to attack anyone who has/wants exotics but certain kinds are just... Too exotic for a hobbyist who has no intention of owning it to help with conservation efforts. (Exception if genuine rescue & won't adapt to wild.) They want it because it is unique. So many get ordinary pets for selfish reasons. It is because they WANT an animal, not because they have the time, money, space and love for one.

Saw a wonderful 3 part series on big cats months ago. I'm almost certain they said cheetahs are extinct in 40/54 African countries. That is so disgusting

China/ some East Asian country had this tiger "sanctuary." 10+ adult tigers in each enclosure even though tigers are solitary animals. A tiger chained up for tourists and visitors to pose with and cuddle. Next to this "sanctuary" they had a winery that makes wine with crushed tiger bone in it... Fucking barbaric.

Saw a Snapchat story of old school friend hugging a tiger cub. She was on holiday to an East Asian country and as jealous as I was, I realised that the tiger cub was likely being exploited and not a rescue used as an ambassador for big cat conservation.

Not saying Taylor has to donate all she makes, she has donated to at least one animal shelter. I just think she needs to mature a bit and realise an animal in a tank is a sad thing when they had the option of something as vast and beautiful as the ocean. (Pollution is horrendous right now, but alas...) Ripping some from the wild when they are an invasive species is not going to do as much as a generous donation. Yes, maybe they live longer in your tank, but a longer life is not inherently a better one. She has multiple wild caught fish and the crab too... Just seems a bit... Selfish.

I question why she purchases from the likes of PetCo when the animal care is sub-par. Even if you don't buy animals from there, buying animal products supports them. Obviously, I understand if you are running low, online orders have not been delivered, but if you can avoid PetCo most of the time, why not? She said herself in a video that the conditions are dodgy & the breeding of the animals, questionable. Not shaming others for giving them business, but the way she talks about them, you would think she would avoid PetCo like the plague.

To sum it up, Taylor says some things then she does some other things and we are not seeing great consistency.

"Look, I dropped 3K on a designer snake!"

That money could have gone to conserving wildlife and slowing down the destruction of the rain forests and oceans but oh well. Why get a rescue snake with a basic af pattern and colouration when you can get a prettier one? Nah, people who LOVE animals should opt for designer ones because fuck the existing ones that need homes. Let's needlessly feed the demand for designer animals. I am being a bit harsh, but this goes above & beyond Taylor. I don't understand breeding animals for looks when it results in ruined genetics, dogs are the perfect example. Breathing problems, hip and spine problems, domed skulls compressing the brain, etc.

(Not knowledgeable enough to know if designer snakes have any prevalent genetic issues. Maybe making new morphs in snakes and such isn't as dangerous as pedigree dogs, I have no clue.) 

Yeah, I love pugs purely because I was obsessed with Men in Black as a child. That said, I am not contributing to that fuckery.

Posted

Also on the topic of Petco, I don’t know why she idolizes that store constantly. They constantly feed into the “Betta fish can thrive in unfiltered, unheated, tiny bowl” tropes, as well as the “tiny play cage” for birds and small rodents. They never sell actual good supplies for animals and constantly hand out misinfo. 

I bought my two green cheek conures from Petco as a stupid 12 year old- they were so poorly socialized they needed to catch them in a net, they were so violent. It took me years to get them friendly with me. 

Not to mention, there was an incident where someone bought a snake that wound up direly sick. When contacted, Petco lied and stated they had a vet appointment set up for said snake, despite the snake being in the owner’s possession. 

Her alliegence to that store is ridiculous. 

Posted (edited)

In regards to her mantis shrimp, I did a bit of googling and it seems that the over all consensus is that they are not bred in captivity. I don’t know if it would be considered wild caught either, though, as they seem to usually end up in people’s tanks by hiding away in live rock. But definitely not captive bred as they’re usually considered pests. There weren’t too many references that talked about captive breeding, but about a handful, and those mostly just talked about why it’s more of a pain than it’s worth and not really possible. The only one I was able to find that was successful was from 2014 and done in China. Most just talked about how they accidentally end up in tanks. 

Interesting. 

A couple sources (more if you wanna search on google. I’m too lazy to go back and find them all but a majority just repeated what the 3reef one says):

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-05/as/index.php

http://www.3reef.com/threads/successful-mantis-breeding-info.84337/

The one successful “project” if you’re interested:

http://www.unuftp.is/static/fellows/document/kun14prf.pdf

Edited by Lxcifer
words

Posted

black jaguar white tiger is absolutely disgusting. Eduardo needs to stop the entire operation. I'm happy that someone brought this up instead of blindly supporting him as many do. Now THATS an example of an animal hoarder. 

Exactly. I am not going to attack anyone who has/wants exotics but certain kinds are just... Too exotic for a hobbyist who has no intention of owning it to help with conservation efforts. (Exception if genuine rescue & won't adapt to wild.) They want it because it is unique. So many get ordinary pets for selfish reasons. It is because they WANT an animal, not because they have the time, money, space and love for one.

Saw a wonderful 3 part series on big cats months ago. I'm almost certain they said cheetahs are extinct in 40/54 African countries. That is so disgusting

China/ some East Asian country had this tiger "sanctuary." 10+ adult tigers in each enclosure even though tigers are solitary animals. A tiger chained up for tourists and visitors to pose with and cuddle. Next to this "sanctuary" they had a winery that makes wine with crushed tiger bone in it... Fucking barbaric.

Saw a Snapchat story of old school friend hugging a tiger cub. She was on holiday to an East Asian country and as jealous as I was, I realised that the tiger cub was likely being exploited and not a rescue used as an ambassador for big cat conservation.

Not saying Taylor has to donate all she makes, she has donated to at least one animal shelter. I just think she needs to mature a bit and realise an animal in a tank is a sad thing when they had the option of something as vast and beautiful as the ocean. (Pollution is horrendous right now, but alas...) Ripping some from the wild when they are an invasive species is not going to do as much as a generous donation. Yes, maybe they live longer in your tank, but a longer life is not inherently a better one. She has multiple wild caught fish and the crab too... Just seems a bit... Selfish.

I question why she purchases from the likes of PetCo when the animal care is sub-par. Even if you don't buy animals from there, buying animal products supports them. Obviously, I understand if you are running low, online orders have not been delivered, but if you can avoid PetCo most of the time, why not? She said herself in a video that the conditions are dodgy & the breeding of the animals, questionable. Not shaming others for giving them business, but the way she talks about them, you would think she would avoid PetCo like the plague.

To sum it up, Taylor says some things then she does some other things and we are not seeing great consistency.

"Look, I dropped 3K on a designer snake!"

That money could have gone to conserving wildlife and slowing down the destruction of the rain forests and oceans but oh well. Why get a rescue snake with a basic af pattern and colouration when you can get a prettier one? Nah, people who LOVE animals should opt for designer ones because fuck the existing ones that need homes. Let's needlessly feed the demand for designer animals. I am being a bit harsh, but this goes above & beyond Taylor. I don't understand breeding animals for looks when it results in ruined genetics, dogs are the perfect example. Breathing problems, hip and spine problems, domed skulls compressing the brain, etc.

(Not knowledgeable enough to know if designer snakes have any prevalent genetic issues. Maybe making new morphs in snakes and such isn't as dangerous as pedigree dogs, I have no clue.) 

Yeah, I love pugs purely because I was obsessed with Men in Black as a child. That said, I am not contributing to that fuckery.

for designer snakes, some of them do have genetic issues such as wobble (i think this is a spider gene issue, but i might be wrong), or cleft pallets (i spelled that wrong sorry), and some are even born without eyes and stuff. I dont think that their quality of life is ruined a lot of the time, they can still function fairly normally depending on the severity, but it's still sad how overbred and crowded in they get. That's one of the main reasons i hate snake racks and just putting them in a box because " all they do is hide all day"

With my snake, (sorry if some of you disagree, but she's happy and healthy) i have her in a 20 gallon tank with a hide, two water dishes, and a fake plant that she loves to climb up on and rest in. I have her hide placed so that there's half warm, half cool, so she doesn't feel that she needs to be out if shes too cold or hot in there. She lives to sit out of her hide though and even kind of poses on the log of the fake plant that i got her.  She's much different than i thought based off of my research and everyone insisting that ball pythons hate yo climb and are constantly curled up in a ball. I've only had her curl up on me a few times, but for the most part she's been amazing at being held and even peeks her head out of her hide when i walk in the room or am doing something. She'll even let me know when she wants to get out of her tank to be held/explore and never misses a meal unless she's shedding. 

Sorry for the rant on my snake lol but you get my point. I feel that the quality of life of snake rack snakes is much lower than a snake that's a valued (not money wise) pet. 

Posted

Im not sure who the admins are who approve topics and place them, but i just created one on eduardo / bjwt since i  noticed that there wasn't one 

Posted

A while ago she addressed the smoking. Of course not officially on her twitter so everybody could see it. 

Skærmbillede 2018-05-09 kl. 20.46.37.png