• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mira the enlightened Muslim

406 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently, she's been getting a lot of criticism from Muslims according to some highly upvoted comments on YouTube. Can't see much of it in the comment section as she most likely purged it.

Posted

Something on her Twitter, seems she disabled the comments (And the like/dislike button)

comment.thumb.png.6e3b4e5730da888f7c83b0

Posted

I think Mira may have bit off a little more then she can chew with the "muslim" conversion.  I predict her comments sections, if she ever turns them back on, will just be filled with rage and hate.

Posted

Something on her Twitter, seems she disabled the comments (And the like/dislike button)

comment.thumb.png.6e3b4e5730da888f7c83b0

People usually don't watch videos they can't comment on. They click and then leave... It can't be good for her stats. One of the big things with Ad sense is how long have people watched the video, the more the youtuber can retain the Audience, the more it pays.

Posted

a new pic on twitter. here we can see Mira casually praying outside in front of the camera. cause who doesn't do that sometimes. home is just too convenient. hopefully she has some sort of app on her phone to point her in the right direction. otherwise, it's really hard to "guess" where Kaaba is.

nfsh7p.png

when I first saw this I thought it was a rock. It took me a minute to realize it was mira "praying"  :happee:

Posted

Honestly, when I saw the video I knew it was a video for popularity and controversy. I hate how she takes her interests to the extreme. It's extremely unlikely that being raised atheist/agnostic and suddenly convert into a religion is going to happen. She appropriates culture way too much. To the point of living in Japan for years and now she wears a hijab all the time. I think its like when someone uses veganism and Buddhism to look cool even though they know nothing of the lifestyle. Most likely a phase and if she knew anything about science she would know that the Quran is not scientifically accurate at all. It's just as accurate as the Bible.

Posted (edited)

Not offending anyone, as a Muslim, there are scientific facts in the Qur'an, if you have the time to read some out of curiosity (^^ Even I am learning more about the Bible to be educated

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Holy-Quran-contain-scientific-facts-that-were-discovered-by-scientists-centuries-later-If-so-what-were-they

Edit: Please do understand I am not forcing everyone to read it. If you are curious, if you want to learn, you can read it. If you don't want to, there is no need to down vote it.

Edited by naruruinjapan

Posted

I'm sorry but none of these are scientific facts. All these passages from the Quran are incredibly vague and can be interpreted in a bazillion different ways. Look at this one that's supposed to prove the Quran talks about pain receptors.

❝Those who disbelieve in Our verses, We will drive them into a fire, every time their skins are roasted We will replace their skins with other new skins so that they may taste the torture. Allāh is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.❞

You have to be pretty damn naive and biased to think it talks about anything more than primitive torture. Besides, if it does then Allah doesn't know his own creation, because pain receptors are also found in organs other than the skin, for example, muscles, cornea, some organs, etc.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100624091755.htm

Muscles have sensory organs called muscle spindles. Their task is to inform the brain of changes in muscle length. Muscle spindles therefore contain a special type of large diameter nerve filaments that signal stretch of the muscle. The Umeå scientists' studies show that muscle spindles also contain fine nerve filaments with pain receptors. When a muscle is damaged as a result of overloading, these pain receptors are activated by the release of a signal substance from the neighboring stretch-sensitive nerve filaments in the muscle spindle.

Posted (edited)

Where did you find that verse?

EDIT: OH you misinterpreted the translation from the Arabic version. Here is the correct translation:

"Those who disbelieved in Our signs, We will enter (and burn) them into a fire, every time their skins is roasted, WE replace their skins with another skin so that they taste the punishment. God is powerful and wise."

And here is what it really means:

Not believing in what Allah has taught us as a Muslim, and not believing anything written in the Qur'an as a Muslim, we will forever be punished and there is no forgiveness. This does not mean we will get burned in a fire :harharplz: This is called metaphorical statement. This is not science.

Please read the website before you post another comment.

Edited by naruruinjapan

Posted

I took it from the page you linked in the last comment. The one where the so-called scientific facts are explained. 

Posted (edited)

I took it from the page you linked in the last comment. The one where the so-called scientific facts are explained. 

I was only referring to the bold statements such as the baby's gender, the big crunch, etc. Those were written in the Qur'an thousands and thousands of years before scientists finally discovered them :) 

So you had to go through all of the texts to precisely find the wrong passage written on there and point at it while ignoring the rest of the website? Instead of claiming wrong things about it, you should have asked me, a Muslim, if that portion is indeed true or not. I can thoroughly search online for the correct information as a Muslim (20+ years). Non-Muslims and those who don't know the religion well are going to look up at wrong places without knowing and believe the fake ones :( ...

Edit:  Okay, I read some science 101 info online. If you pinch your skin with a pin, you will feel pain. There are nerves near the surface of your skin. People whom they have lost a sense of touch through accidents and dangerous events can't feel any pain if the nerves are damaged due to the cause of such events. Whether it's burning or pinching the skin with a needle, they can't feel any pain. In that verse, it just means once you get burnt, They will "replace it with a new one" so you can continuously feel pain for the rest of your life without any forgiveness (forgiving someone is a step to healing. Without forgiveness, you'll feel pain, as usual). This is metaphorical statement. The same thing I would say about "Christ's blood and flesh." (it's wine and bread...)

Edited by naruruinjapan

Posted

1. Big Crunch isn't science, it's a crazy hypothesis without a shred of evidence. 

2. You are interpreting vague statements in a way that supports your point of view. You know what confirmation bias is, don't you? 

PS:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Qur'anic_scientific_foreknowledge

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Qur'anic_scientific_errors

Yes the Big Crunch is a theory, and in the Qur'an, the "Big Crunch" happens on the Day of Judgement. After we die, huge amounts of events happen (earthquake, volcano, tsunami, etc.) and the Earth then becomes non-existence. Kaboom. Like "The End." In REALITY from other peoples' eyes, nothing happens. This happens to the all-ready-died people.

I don't read Wikipedia if I want to research scientific information. That website can be altered by anyone by logging in and changing the text. A lot of those articles are written by just about anyone, religious and non-religious. The comment in the Quora matched what I researched at non-religious sites. 

This sub topic has been created to talk about Islam and Miranda, and what she says about being a Muslim. I came here to make things clear and not to make false interpretations from the Holy Book of Qur'an. Some non-Muslims users here don't even know a lot about Islam and have no way of where to find such information online. I'd rather put in good info about Islam. I don't want anyone to think badly about it. You can believe whatever you want without converting, but learning and expanding your horizons to many things in the world is better than becoming ignorant and start swearing about things you believe it's blasphemy.

Posted (edited)

This isn't wikipedia, this is a website maintained by people with a secular worldview. 

If the scientific hypothesis of the Big Crunch is valid, the event will happen long after the Earth and our entire solar system have been turned to cosmic dust, so your day of judgement thing can't be the big crunch. 

Edited by Miserab

Posted

This isn't wikipedia, this is a website maintained by people with a secular worldview. 

If the scientific hypothesis of the Big Crunch is valid, the event will happen long after the Earth and our entire solar system have been turned to cosmic dust, so your day of judgement thing can't be the big crunch. 

RationalWiki is not a real scientific website.