• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mira the enlightened Muslim

406 posts in this topic

Posted

So essentially Miranda wanted to wear a headscarf cause she liked the look and is pretending to be muslim so she can get away with it. Got it. 

Posted

It's different path wherever you are.Here's how it would look like in Toronto
qibla.thumb.JPG.0c905f5749eb6f459145a03e
And here's how it would look like in Tokyo

qibla2.thumb.JPG.b88f525da9284afab8f93ba

I know it's a different path that much I know because you all have to be facing the same location regardless of where you live what I didn't know was that you were taught to use the elements to help you out!  I was astounded at how you could tell just by the sun that she was doing it wrong. Not many people can use the elements like that to evaluate their position, it's getting rarer and rarer. It's quite smart!

And it kind of raises one question, what if you were at the exact opposite spot in the world? Or more specifically a location where facing ( north/South) east or west would point you exactly to Kaaba in Mecca. Is there a Specific rule for this situation? 

Posted (edited)

I know it's a different path that much I know because you all have to be facing the same location regardless of where you live what I didn't know was that you were taught to use the elements to help you out!  I was astounded at how you could tell just by the sun that she was doing it wrong. Not many people can use the elements like that to evaluate their position, it's getting rarer and rarer. It's quite smart!

And it kind of raises one question, what if you were at the exact opposite spot in the world? Or more specifically a location where facing ( north/South) east or west would point you exactly to Kaaba in Mecca. Is there a Specific rule for this situation? 

It's quite difficult to explain but after some searching (and after a good educational moment!), the direction is based off of Craig retroazimuthal projection, created by James Ireland Craig in 1909. It's also called Mecca Projection. He help Muslims in Egypt find the qibla easier.

EDIT: Persians built a special compass to find the qibla back in 18th century

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/cultures/astronomical_instruments_03.shtml

EDIT 2: And that's why Muslims were the first to discover astrology. They were the first to study the stars and geographical locations using Astrolabe (they also used that to find the qibla centuries ago)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolabe

Where I'm from (USA), I have always prayed towards the north east. It's the same exact direction in Toronto And after learning about the qibla in . Japan, I noticed it's north west. If you go more southern it would be a little bit of east in Brazil and west in Australia. Moscow is south.

According to Antipodes Map (direction: -43.100983, 100.063477 (43° 6' 3.5" S, 100° 3' 48.5" E), you would be in the Indian Ocean below Australia, and that's facing north west.

Edited by naruruinjapan
Edit 1: Misinformed!! Edit 2: Detailed info

Posted

Thanks for such a thorough response, it's quite hard to understand because the world is a sphere and theoretically facing east or west eitherway would direct you to Mecca the only change I can foresee is North/South. Sorry for my Ignorance.

Ps. Don't you mean Southeast/west? Because The US, Canada and Japan are more northern than Mecca so you'd be essencially praying facing the opposite direction if I'm not mistaken

Sorry for my Ignorance. It's like I understand it works differently for different locations, but It's hard to understand how you do it specifically

Posted (edited)

Thanks for such a thorough response, it's quite hard to understand because the world is a sphere and theoretically facing east or west eitherway would direct you to Mecca the only change I can foresee is North/South. Sorry for my Ignorance.

Ps. Don't you mean Southeast/west? Because The US, Canada and Japan are more northern than Mecca so you'd be essencially praying facing the opposite direction if I'm not mistaken

Sorry for my Ignorance. It's like I understand it works differently for different locations, but It's hard to understand how you do it specifically

I had that same question before many years ago xD "Hey, it should be south east!!!"

I wish I could ask the Islamic Medieval scholars for a thorough answer, but alas we're in 2017. All I could personally say is they used a compass to guide their prayer direction. It really consists of mathematics and observation, including astrology thanks to the compass! Plus latitude and longitude mathematical formula. You can see that formula here: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_retroazimuthal_projection

They were the most educated people during that time period :alpacawink:

I have a perfect example for you! Whenever I fly back to Japan, the plane always flies closer to Alaska, and when going back home it's more down south towards Hawaii. The plane never flies on a straight line, but on a curve.

Edited by naruruinjapan
Example provided

Posted

I found out why Mira's videos got so many replies and comments about her being muslim. Someone tweeted it who has followers. Lol. I found this just 

Posted

I had that same question before many years ago xD "Hey, it should be south east!!!"

I wish I could ask the Islamic Medieval scholars for a thorough answer, but alas we're in 2017. All I could personally say is they used a compass to guide their prayer direction. It really consists of mathematics and observation, including astrology thanks to the compass! Plus latitude and longitude mathematical formula. You can see that formula here: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_retroazimuthal_projection

They were the most educated people during that time period :alpacawink:

I have a perfect example for you! Whenever I fly back to Japan, the plane always flies closer to Alaska, and when going back home it's more down south towards Hawaii. The plane never flies on a straight line, but on a curve.

Makes sense now, so It's about the shortest distance Possible. Thanks for your patience! 

Posted

Mira is probably seeing being muslim as a trend. What bothers me the most is that she is wearing a hijab but not even trying to eat halal. A lot of people who think being muslims is a trend think that wearing a hijab immediately makes you muslim. You don't even have to wear a hijab to be a muslim.

Posted

I found out why Mira's videos got so many replies and comments about her being muslim. Someone tweeted it who has followers. Lol. I found this just 

holy shit her lazy eyes/droopy eyelids are even worse these days

also lmao at her "negative energy" and "i'm not going to judge other people" shit. what a hypocrite!

i've also noticed more signs of her english accent being influenced by french - pronouncoung "th" as "d".

Posted (edited)

holy shit her lazy eyes/droopy eyelids are even worse these days

also lmao at her "negative energy" and "i'm not going to judge other people" shit. what a hypocrite!

i've also noticed more signs of her english accent being influenced by french - pronouncoung "th" as "d".

Yeah it's quite common for non-native speakers , but to be honest the influence of English in Canadian french is far worse. I'm a native speaker of french and I have to pay close attention to understand them. It's a bit like Azorean Portuguese. 

About the th pronounced as "d" It's a problem for some Latin/French speakers and the reason is because in the French/Portuguese/Spanish/Italian etc D is different from the English D. The English D is pronounced by touching the limit between your teeth and the gum ridge and the Th sound near the edge of the teeth whereas most latin languages don't have these sounds and the  latin D is pronounced by placing tongue halfway I.E the middle of the teeth. Natives usually spot the difference but non-natives won't because the Latin/French D is halfway between both.

Sorry for the O.T

OT.2 you are right. Her face kind of makes me think she has some mild form of Waardenburg Syndrome or something else. Some people on other websites say she has fetal alcoholic syndrome though ... but I won't go that far... but there's  definitely something odd about her face. Not that it's bad, but I think her personality kind of magnifies it.

Edited by Captus Nemo
Edit 1 Adding OT.2 Edit 2 spelling mistake

Posted (edited)

What if said religion is the very reason for the unhappiness of their child though? PLOT TWIST!

I'm betting five bucks that as soon as the "transracial Japanese Muslim special snowflake" effect has worn off and she's come to the realization that converting to Islam isn't going to help her get that sweet RoDick her religion will become more and more of a burden to her as she'll start longing for penis festivals and too much booze once again... though I admit it could take a very long time, seeing that she still sees herself as a white Japanese after all these years.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

What if said religion is the very reason for the unhappiness of their child though? PLOT TWIST!

I'm betting five bucks that as soon as the "transracial Japanese Muslim special snowflake" effect has worn off and she's come to the realization that converting to Islam isn't going to help her get that sweet RoDick her religion will become more and more of a burden to her as she'll start longing for penis festivals and too much booze once again... though I admit it could take a very long time, seeing that she still sees herself as a white Japanese after all these years.

The english on her meme makes me cringe  ( and I'm not a Native speaker)

Your Rodick play on words makes me want to pvote your comment 1000x lol 

Of course Mira is all We WUZ Original Japanese Ainu white princess

Posted

When did this happen O.o

Her new video just popped up in my recomendations (thanks youtube?), don't wanna give her views, but from the clip above... oh boy. 

How many days has she been a Muslim? She's speaking like quite the seasoned practitioner :D 

She honestly looks better in habji, much better than the forever 12 year old hair. 

Posted

Hey guys, literally created an account just to post this. Ive been following Mira and her stunts for a couple of years now with great interest but this Rodi-drama, suicide notes, and islam conversion really did it for me. This is the comment I posted as a response to her "best friend"- post on instagram. Less than a day later my comment was deleted and I was forever blocked. Oh no. So sad. Much misery.

Ive blurred my username on insta for privacy reasons and also its in swedish in case you get a little confused. 

IMG_0042.thumb.JPG.2310ae454fbefb427485a

IMG_0041.thumb.JPG.a62b920ca4168288fb6d8

IMG_0040.thumb.PNG.bf90616d8c5a9a8da33a5

My point? Shes got enough time to read EVERY SINGLE COMMENT she gets on her pictures and delete the ones that doesnt encourage her lifestyle. I wasnt even hateful, I just expressed some critisism - something you have to learn to deal with as a public figure. Conclusion - Having enough time to go through all comments and delete the ones that doesnt sound positive means that she would have to be completely obsessed with her social media and the way people see her, rather than just shrug it off and accept you cant sit right with everyone. Thats just unhealthy and further proves my point I made in my comment - PERSONAL CRISIS ALERT!!! 

She must be a miserable person.