• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Mira the enlightened Muslim

406 posts in this topic

Posted

as someone who has been born in a muslim household, i wonder what is so wonderful about Islam that would possibly interest a westerner.

It's the romanticised view - the woman is being taken care of by her family before marriage and then by her husband after marriage. And all she has to do is look pretty, and do some housework. i say 'some housework' because the husband is rich and can afford hiring at least one woman to help with cleaning, cooking, and all that. it's an ideal lifestyle for someone who is lazy and has no interests in life (like Miranda). This is the exact reason i gave Islam a thought, severral years ago. no offense to any Muslim person, but i'm glad i didn't take the step -  i realised that the reality isn't this pretty pink one i described, and then praying 5 times a day, and then Ramadan.. i am a creature of comfort indeed, but i dont think i can commit to all these rules, oops.

I heard of women converting because of the modest clothing, which is a silly thing because anyone of any religious beliefs can wear modest clothing. other women converted because of their boyfriends or husbands, and want the approval of the family of their partners. 

i hope this little explanation is a bit helpful.  

Posted

Also some might convert because it's "exotic". Maybe thinking it's easy to drop Islam once you've had enough...

Posted

I am so curious about the photos she has been posting to instagram of lately of herself (or someone else) in yukata where she has cut away the head. Why? Is she not wearing a niquab in those pictures? Why would she otherwise bother to cut away/censure the head?

FF14832E-ADDA-4904-B1ED-9D17E836D492.jpeg

713B1C35-5460-4AF6-B581-9B8E30677ABE.jpeg

Posted

I am so curious about the photos she has been posting to instagram of lately of herself (or someone else) in yukata where she has cut away the head. Why? Is she not wearing a niquab in those pictures? Why would she otherwise bother to cut away/censure the head?

FF14832E-ADDA-4904-B1ED-9D17E836D492.jpeg

713B1C35-5460-4AF6-B581-9B8E30677ABE.jpeg

most likely, older pictures without a hijab. making it appear she's still in Japan, but trying to be modest. /putting on a tinfoil hat.

Posted

most likely, older pictures without a hijab. making it appear she's still in Japan, but trying to be modest. /putting on a tinfoil hat.

Ah, yeah. That would make sense.

Posted (edited)

Sorry if I'm reposting old news but... this account is definitely run by Miranda right? The description specifies that it's a Canadian Muslim living in Japan and the writing style is very "Kanadajin3".

https://twitter.com/islamjapan7

I'm particularly cracking up at how she translated "Hello, brother" as "へろー お兄さん” or "herro oniisan".

Local news I looked up translated it as "こんにちは、兄弟"  or "ようこそ、兄弟”.  And of course we know "Hello" is written as "ハロー" (haro-) not "herro".

The combination of the "herrow" and the anime-esque "oniisan" is just killing me. It sounds like something Miranda herself would say during her Japanese housewife years

e: I found it by searching for Islam and Japan. I did also find a Japanese Muslim YouTuber that is like 1000x better than Miranda in every way. I wonder if it cheezes off Miranda that she probably can't get a collab with this woman lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8v7mjHaixGUdxgcgjSHxQ

Edited by lucky

Posted

this account is definitely run by Miranda right? 

I would say so, the bio says "The account owner is a man staying in Tokyo who is married to a Saudi Moth woman"  (yeah right).

It seems to be framed as if it were her husband's account, but it's probably just her. The account retweeted her local mosque. The account tweeted promoting a fundraiser for the same mosque. The account retweeted one of Mira's own tweets about that same mosque. The account never tweeted about any other mosques. 

Nice find, she is a strange, fascinating liar.

Posted (edited)

Sorry if I'm reposting old news but... this account is definitely run by Miranda right?

I remember she created this account a while ago and had her own picture as profile pic 9_9

I don't really have receipts besides my memory here, but they're somewhere around her main thread.

Edited by pocky_eater

Posted

I'm a practicing muslim and upon seeing her videos makes me cringe a lot... I don't think she's sincere about her faith. She's trying to lecture people about so and so when she doesn't have any legit knowledge of Islam. I mean ok, it's not bad that you're trying to understand Islam but starting fact lectures that Islam is like this and like that is not really a great start since she's just a "revert" that can lead to confuse people about what Islam is really all about. I don't even know if she's taking most her talks from Islamic scholars or it's just something she red about then blurb after onto her vlogs. Also it's such a huge disrespect that she removes and wear the niqab (veil) when she just want it. It's not just an accessory of likes. It has something to do with a pious muslimah who follows the way of sunnah. And when she said and I'm not so sure if she did said it "wearing for husband" or whatever it's just fail 100%. The niqab is not worn because  husband said so. It's because that's how you take another level of following the sunnah exactly. Also is she really is married with a saudi national? If so, why is he allowing her to expose herself in public then? Unless shes in the sector of the bid'ah (Sufism) but i highly doubt that.. don't know her real intention upon reverting to Islam. Allah knows best.

Posted

Crazy tinfoil hat theory: She's intentionally trying to make Islam look bad. If you look at her lolcow threads they are regularly brigaded by alt-right Islamophobe types.

Posted

Crazy tinfoil hat theory: She's intentionally trying to make Islam look bad. If you look at her lolcow threads they are regularly brigaded by alt-right Islamophobe types.

i haven't seen any alt right people on lolcow so i don't know what you are talking about. and hating islam doesn't make you islamophobic, hating muslims does.

Posted

i haven't seen any alt right people on lolcow so i don't know what you are talking about. and hating islam doesn't make you islamophobic, hating muslims does.

You haven't seen any alt right people on lolcow ? I wish I could say the same... But maybe that's because I am lurking on more controversial people. Even though Mira is already pretty controversial tbh.

Posted

She goes totally nuts now, I think. WTH. I really feel like she needs professional help asap.

I sometimes think she needs professional help as well tbh.

Posted

is it just me or are her views growing more conservative as time passes?

also, i'm new to this girl, is english her first language? sometimes her english can be really bad/lazy, coming from somebody who is esl