Mira the enlightened Muslim

257 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The thing with interviews or surveys like this is that the questions (except for the hiring somebody with a hijab one) are more about the general opinion on / feeling about muslims. That includes people who are in no way in Japan for as long as Mira is or is intending to be. 

I met quite a few muslim people in Japan while on exchange at a national university there and there were regional Muslim organizations and a Muslim organization at the university. After I left, the university also started offering a prayer room and when I revisited for a day a few months ago, I heard two students ask if they could use a store room for praying on this occasion. The cafeteria also offers halal dishes. 

I'd also expect there to be more offers and services catering to Muslims now that the 2020 Olympic games are coming up. However, this will probably all be intended for Muslims who stay in Japan for a certain amount of time; as tourists, fixed-term expats, students etc. I don't think that most people in Japan would expect a Muslim person to stay there for as long as Mira has / is intending to be. And just like most Japanese people (at least in my personal experience and opinion) don't seem to see foreign residents as an actual part of their society, they will not see Muslims as a part of their society either.

Edited by Sakamoto

Posted

The thing with interviews or surveys like this is that the questions (except for the hiring somebody with a hijab one) are more about the general opinion on / feeling about muslims. That includes people who are in no way in Japan for as long as Mira is or is intending to be. 

2 things -

1 - i fucking love your profile picture and name. Thank you for being awesome.

2 - my belief for those types of videos, especially done on youtube by channels like that guy's, is they have an agenda. They say they're going out to seek information on people for an unbiased report but you can tell right from the getgo they've got a bias and agenda.
Now im not saying that's bad. people are entitled to have their own beliefs, but when you try to portray yourself as unbiased and ask loaded questions like that, it puts me off slightly, and i'm as secular as it gets, mind you. i mean i broke up with a boy because of his constant attempts to make me religious, for example.